Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

5 hours ago, Bucky said:

This 4 foot case will go along with the 5'-10" case I already have. it came from a closed down jewelry store, too. I do need to add some more glass shelves to both cases for maximum display volume! HAHA

I hear that! This is my only case. It may be time to think about putting some of the stuff that's in there, away. I have three or four diecast dragsters that don't need to be out. You have some serious display space!

Last HobbyLinc order came in. It's almost my birthday, so that's my excuse:

Revell Porsche Junior 108 farm tractor

Round 2 "Mod Rod" '29 Ford

Round 2 '60 Chevy Fleetside pickup with Go-kart

Italeri 1/24 scale Guard Rail & Road Section; more than 1 of these can be linked together to make a longer road.

Italeri road a.jpg

Edited by Mike999
omit

Got the AMT '77 Pinto in the mail today.  Neat little kit, not much in the box, only builds stock.  there is an extra wheel cover on the chrome tree, appears to be left from a a previous year (looks like the one on the 75 box art). 

On 6/4/2019 at 11:35 PM, Lordmodelbuilder said:

Picked up a 1/24 66 Mustang a while back. Going to use the chassis under a 66 Falcon.

I just learned the other day that the '66 and up Falcons were based on shortened Fairlane  chassis, not the Mustang platform. :unsure:

I guess that makes sense. The '66-'67 Fairlane (and Comet) 2 door sedans seem to have had the same roof as the Falcon 2 door. (Dunno if this is also true of 4-door, I haven't checked.) 

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I just learned the other day that the '66 and up Falcons were based on shortened Fairlane  chassis, not the Mustang platform. :unsure:

I guess that makes sense. The '66-'67 Fairlane (and Comet) 2 door sedans seem to have had the same roof as the Falcon 2 door. (Dunno if this is also true of 4-door, I haven't checked.) 

Actually, the 66 was the same as the 65 Falcon , just skinned. I  have owned a 60, 62, 63, 64, 65, and 66 Falcon. The entire 66 , under the skin, was identical to my 65.

The 67-69 was slightly different even though the 67-69 looked similar to the 66. The 70 was a completely different body.

The thing is, Mustang  people do not like that that it was just a re-skinned Falcon. The 66-7 Fairlane people also do not like that it was just a stretched Falcon. 

Long live the Falcon ! ???

Edited by Sam I Am

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Well, I just did a Google search & you are correct. I can't see a huge difference in the 2 chassis. We know the Mustang stuff fits well under the Falcon

thanks to AFX's build. I am sticking with what I have.

Found this on eBay for a fairly reasonable price.  The 1914 Militaire was a combination of car and motorcycle.  It had a 4-cylinder engine, wooden spoked wheels and 2 "helper" wheels that could be lowered by a pedal as the rider stopped.  It was marketed to rich people who already owned a big car as a secondary vehicle for running around town.  As the name implies, the company also hoped to sell these to the U.S. military.  A few were tested in Europe during WWI, but at nearly 800 pounds, were way too heavy and cumbersome to get thru muddy battlefields.  Not to mention that shift lever right in front of the seat, just waiting to impale the careless rider.

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-american-motorcycles/1914-militaire-zm0z19mazhur

aos_mil.jpg

10 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Lee Iacocca got the best he could do with making different cars on the same platforms..He did the same when he was with Chrysler too..

How many variations off the K-car platform?  It kept Chrysler alive for a while, so there's that.

On 2019-06-02 at 1:16 AM, Mark said:

The Corvair is a '62; the Stylizing parts that are on it were included in the kit.

The '60 kit was a four-door, '61 was a convertible with separate glue-on top.  '63 was a convertible molded in turquoise or light blue, '64 was a coupe like the '62 but every '64 I have seen was molded in yellow.  

None of the early Corvair kits had engine detail, but the '62 did include a display engine.  I've got a built '62 that someone cut the car up to put the display engine in.  The display engine may have been incorporated into the parts pack with the Chrysler engine later on, I've never checked one against the other.

Mark, any idea where this comes from? I take it none of the promos had the wells for antennas, spotlights and mirrors? And this is molded in white. Got it as a built up in gold paint long ago off ebay....

20190605_171609.jpg

20190605_171619.jpg

20190605_171625.jpg

20190605_171636.jpg

Picked this up today at a garage sale right around the corner. Who knew? Why I bought it is beyond me because I’m not a Corvette  fan and I have more than I needI 

FD8D8097-5957-40B0-97A3-A65DAF87859F.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...