Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

30 minutes ago, 4mula1fan said:

Slowly getting my stuff together for the 1/12 Grumpy's Toy 69 Camaro. Found my set of Cragars, got the decal sheet, photo etch detail set, Grump Lump, now to find a good big block. All I  can find is a resin 572 in 1/12. Hate to pay that much for the resin print, but I might be forced to. I'll still have to fab the tunnel ram. 

The Monogram 1/12 '67 Corvette has the BBC. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 4mula1fan said:

Slowly getting my stuff together for the 1/12 Grumpy's Toy 69 Camaro. Found my set of Cragars, got the decal sheet, photo etch detail set, Grump Lump, now to find a good big block. All I  can find is a resin 572 in 1/12. Hate to pay that much for the resin print, but I might be forced to. I'll still have to fab the tunnel ram. 

Are you using slicks and mags from the Carl Casper's Shaker Trike kit????... The front mags from the Monogram 1/12 '57 chevy kit will work also, but those look like Rocket mags...

Please post pictures of what you have.... Thanks!. 🙂

Edited by deuces wild

I have the Cragars and slicks from the 57 kit. The chrome was bad so I stripped them. I'll repaint with Molotow. Saw some bigger wrinkled slicks on the bay, but they may be too tall/wide. Haven't mocked anything up yet. Pics to follow shortly. 

Edited by 4mula1fan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, CabDriver said:

This arrived today - already printed a tiny Rat Fink!

Heck yeah! I've been using my Elegoo for a month or so now. Been kind of obsessed with it. Wouldn't surprise me if it came out of the same factory as the Anycubic or Creality printers. All looks almost identical!

Which resin are you using?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

Found this one earlier today. Still factory sealed, from a Kijiji seller I actually bought other kits from a few years ago. Kijiji is like Craigslist, but Canadian. Eh.

Dude thought it was a curbside, which is why he wanted to sell it. $20 CDN.

20220202_131809.jpg.cdb4cec688bad4d29747131c9d2d6917.jpg

It makes you wonder if the seller looked at the box art or read the description in the upper right hand corner. In any event, a great score for you Dan. Most Kijiji model car listers here believe that any used, common model car kit is worth a minimum of $40.

7 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Heck yeah! I've been using my Elegoo for a month or so now. Been kind of obsessed with it. Wouldn't surprise me if it came out of the same factory as the Anycubic or Creality printers. All looks almost identical!

Which resin are you using?

They probably do!  I’m sure internally they’re pretty similar!

Been using the Anycubic ‘basic’ gray resin for now - but a couple of people told me to try the water-based stuff…I should try that next.

I really want to choose one and just stick with it for the sake of not having to play with the settings all the time, so I’ll likely give a few different kinds a try and then stick with whichever I get on best with.  The gray stuff I’m messing with now seems to work pretty well…retains detail nicely on even tiny little stuff and I haven’t had any gloopy-mess failures YET (knock on wood)

Which resin do you like?

8 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Been using the Anycubic ‘basic’ gray resin for now - but a couple of people told me to try the water-based stuff…I should try that next.

I really want to choose one and just stick with it for the sake of not having to play with the settings all the time, so I’ll likely give a few different kinds a try and then stick with whichever I get on best with.  The gray stuff I’m messing with now seems to work pretty well…retains detail nicely on even tiny little stuff and I haven’t had any gloopy-mess failures YET (knock on wood)

Which resin do you like?

Even though this question isn't directed at me, I figured I would throw my 2 cents in. I've tried many different resins, and my go-to resin for everyday stuff is Siraya Tech Fast ABS-like Grey. With a mono screen your exposure time will be somewhere around 2 seconds. I've used the Anycubic above and liked it, especially for the price. I've used Elegoo water washable and I never could get it to feel like it was clean. Could very well be my cleaning method as I didn't have a wash and cure station at that time. Creality standard resin worked okay also. But now that I have tried the Siraya Tech Fast I don't feel the need to try anything else unless it's for a specific reason. I do have some Resione F69 waiting to be used for tires. 

1 hour ago, stinkybritches said:

Even though this question isn't directed at me, I figured I would throw my 2 cents in. I've tried many different resins, and my go-to resin for everyday stuff is Siraya Tech Fast ABS-like Grey. With a mono screen your exposure time will be somewhere around 2 seconds. I've used the Anycubic above and liked it, especially for the price. I've used Elegoo water washable and I never could get it to feel like it was clean. Could very well be my cleaning method as I didn't have a wash and cure station at that time. Creality standard resin worked okay also. But now that I have tried the Siraya Tech Fast I don't feel the need to try anything else unless it's for a specific reason. I do have some Resione F69 waiting to be used for tires. 

Good tips - thank you!  I hadn't even HEARD of the Siraya stuff - will add that to my list!

10 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Which resin do you like?

I've been using the Elegoo water-washable, and have been happy with results. Having said that, I do have a couple of gallon jugs of 99% IPA, and will be trying some clean up with that. As Rob said above, water does a good job, but it sort of doesn't feel clean. Doesn't matter to much, because after I've done some sanding and clean up of the parts, I wash them again with warm water and some dish soap.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 4mula1fan said:

Yes! Big block extracted from the Vette! It's been so long that I've looked at that car, I would have bet it was a small block. Something tells me it will be now! Lol

Glad to have been of help. Model on! B)

• Thanks 1

Found this at the local Japanese shopping center, Mitsuwa, while I was checking out at their grocery store. They where on the shelf with the candy in the check out line! 

They are very nicely detailed and for only around $6 bucks and in 1/24th scale, why not! 

Resized_20220131_131834.jpg

Resized_20220131_131848.jpg

Resized_20220131_131902.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Found this at the local Japanese shopping center, Mitsuwa, while I was checking out at their grocery store. They where on the shelf with the candy in the check out line! 

They are very nicely detailed and for only around $6 bucks and in 1/24th scale, why not! 

Resized_20220131_131834.jpg

Resized_20220131_131848.jpg

Resized_20220131_131902.jpg

Man, nice! If you can pick up another one, I'd love one (or two)....Please let me know.

Later-

• Like 1

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...