Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just got this one in. My first Micron. This one is special for a couple of reasons. First, it's a SM K33. These are Microns that are sold to Foxy Studio (which I believe is in Spain). They hot rod them, then resell them as special edition Microns. I bought this one used. It is from 2017.

The other reason it's special, at least to me, is I bought it from an artist in France (originally from Texas). His name is A Andrew Gonzales. Link to his site here:

https://www.sublimatrix.com/about

The first two pics, top row, show him using this brush. He installed the trigger pad. I'll leave it on to see if I like it.

Link to Foxy Studio here:

https://foxystudio.com/sm-new-k33-micron-sb-v2-by-zsolt-2021-series/

smk33001.thumb.jpg.b9cf966b8f395cd9d838325ef290b0e5.jpg
smk33005.thumb.jpg.428cdde4d6b29d0ecb149ada09bbcc4d.jpg

This will be the last brush I buy for a while. It was a tad pricey. If anyone is looking for an airbrush I do have some duplicates I'd let go of. 

Edited by DPNM

20 hours ago, Tim08 said:

That 37 ford is really nice!

22 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Wow, how cool is that??😃

I noticed that the windshield was melted, but the bag was sealed and didn’t look melted. Turns out it looks like it was stepped on at some point. The box should have been a clue.😕 Luckily the cab and front fenders are fine. The hood suffered the worst. I’ve recently built a stock one and I bought this one with the intent to hot rod it anyway…so it may get a hood or not?🤪

1C84E3A1-AC55-4977-8E81-D3A819FBA1B4.jpeg

C5C343FC-A810-440A-9F72-F50A533F53B5.jpeg

• Like 1

Hit up Hobby Lobby for the first time in a few months, grabbed the Model T, Torino and '64 Cutlass.  The '32 Chrysler came in the mail along with some OT kits I ordered, figured I may as well get a 2nd kit before it disappears again for 30 years. 

20220124_182137.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Hit up Hobby Lobby for the first time in a few months, grabbed the Model T, Torino and '64 Cutlass.  The '32 Chrysler came in the mail along with some OT kits I ordered, figured I may as well get a 2nd kit before it disappears again for 30 years. 

20220124_182137.jpg

Nice score..

A fellow D.A.A.M member was selling off some kits so I got a Revell '69 Dart G.T.S., MPC '57 Chevy Gasser, Tamiya Raybrig NSX, Focus WRC car,and '72 Skyline hardtop, the first issue of the newer Revell '30 Model A coupe, and a Moebius '70 Ford F-100 4X4.

Edited by ZTony8

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...