Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 6/15/2023 at 4:53 PM, dave branson said:

Heartland was another great show......

IMG_8539.JPG

Nice haul! I have a soft spot for the Corvette America (have an unbuilt one here plus the remnants of the poor thing that I threw together in the '80s). Are those Aoshima wheels the really wide ones? I used some on a Monogram Corvette C2, they looked really good, but I did trim them down slightly and maybe fit some different tyres.

photo-vi.jpg

I'm hoping to shorten it to an SWB to depict one of our eldest sons first cars, a lightweight SWB used by paratroopers.

Update 17.06.23 ak have come out with an SWB Lanny today, Blast!

Edited by PatW

Yesterday:
JoHan 69 AMX USA Oldies
AMT 66 Ford Galaxie "Countdown"
AMT 32 Ford Victoria 
Testors reissue Ford Cougar II
AMT Cobra 289
A can of Revell "Chrom" spray
Cigar box with two canoes (MPC 69 Bonneville HT) and other misc parts.

Edited by sfhess
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dpate said:

Heard n seen good things of the revell chrome so had to try it was $54 cause of shipping. Got the caliper at harbor freight cause they’re very useful in the hobby. 

IMG_1285.thumb.jpeg.6be72f718ab30347baa502718de6d873.jpeg

I need a set of left hand calipers…

Once or twice a year, my small town does a community "garage sale" downtown. Close the roads, and people can buy a table for I think $20.

At least a 100 tables at yesterday's sale. 

A fair number of plane kits scattered around, lots of diecast. And exactly one table with model cars. Well, I couldn't leave empty handed!

I was tempted by a few things, but ultimately decided on two that needed to come with me. 

He had them listed at $15 each, but took $20 for the pair.

Both were box open, but all original bags still sealed. Both 100% complete.

20230617_152029.jpg

20230617_152050.jpg

20230617_152150.jpg

20230617_152215.jpg

20230617_152248.jpg

20230617_152307.jpg

• Like 4

This is one of my all-time favorite kits. Until six years ago, or so, I'd never even owned one. At that time, I acquired an unpainted, (albeit very cleanly) built one. The box is in very nice shape, there are a few extra parts in there, and the model looked nice enough to just put it in my display case, as it was. I didn't feel like I needed another, after all, I have my "grail". Today, I got an email notification that there was a new listing on Ebay. I had to see what outrageous price someone was asking for a built-up version that was not in anywhere near the shape mine's in. I found this--I don't know what etiquette dictates, I've no intent to be rude, but, for $100 plus shipping--I couldn't pass this up! I mean...what a beauty!

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 11

Nice find! ⬆️

I picked up one of these from eBay, just because my stash of 34 Ford trucks was getting low and I didn’t have this particular version:

IMG_0330.jpeg.c2a630a6e7395686de3fd7bbc337fe82.jpeg

$18 SHIPPED, which seemed like a deal…

And these are cheap on Amazon right now…also $18 and change shipped if you have Prime:

IMG_0332.jpeg.7fa02ac809048c28c7a996e8b45915c2.jpeg

Be warned tho - that’s exactly how Amazon shipped it to me…just in a clear bag with the standard Amazon label on the back.  It made it safe and intact, but I’m surprised they didn’t even throw it in a box…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

This is one of my all-time favorite kits. Until six years ago, or so, I'd never even owned one. At that time, I acquired an unpainted, (albeit very cleanly) built one. The box is in very nice shape, there are a few extra parts in there, and the model looked nice enough to just put it in my display case, as it was. I didn't feel like I needed another, after all, I have my "grail". Today, I got an email notification that there was a new listing on Ebay. I had to see what outrageous price someone was asking for a built-up version that was not in anywhere near the shape mine's in. I found this--I don't know what etiquette dictates, I've no intent to be rude, but, for $100 plus shipping--I couldn't pass this up! I mean...what a beauty!

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Very cool kit ,would like to have seen Monogram put the "PUMA" decals in the kit !

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

LOVE these old monogram kits!  About a year ago I found an unpainted builit up too.  It was put together with regular white glue.  Basically fell apart in my hands and the glue flakes right off. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have always wanted that kit

• Like 2