Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 10/29/2023 at 6:34 PM, Roadrunner said:

From the show today. The Willys is missing some parts, but has two bodies, so I'm not complaining, as I intend to grab another '41 anyway for a gasser that I hope to soon begin.

DSCN1382.JPG

Really nice kits!

On 10/29/2023 at 11:34 AM, HomerS said:

Swap meet yesterday.....cant walk away from a mighty Chrysler!

thumbnail (5).jpeg

thumbnail (4).jpeg

• Like 1

Leapin' Fairlane! Won this as a single bidder on eBay for cheap, it's really arch-warped, but certainly not at the end of its shelf display life yet! I vaguely remember mentioning this idea to our MCM builder Brizio years back, this kind of thing can be salvaged by turning it into a caricature wheelie burnout dragster, complete with the exaggerated oval-shape tires out of the 1:32 scale Tom Daniel Snappers series of caricature dragsters, (or the Polar Lights repop variants) and with a double-blower intake sticking out of the hood from one of the old MPC Zingers kits, along with other requisite dragster bits.

2094025548_LeapinFairlane.jpg.c17a2edc0c42cdfcf905d671624fbceb.jpg

• Like 4

The latest addition to my growing promo collection arrived an hour ago in the mail. A Johan two tone blue over ivory white 1959 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight 4 Dr. with a signature of the late Bill Cosby on the roof that I got from from EBay. It even has the famous Johan smile which doesn't look all that bad. Overall, the car is clean and in real good shape.

Edited by John M.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Russell C said:

Leapin' Fairlane! Won this as a single bidder on eBay for cheap, it's really arch-warped, but certainly not at the end of its shelf display life yet! I vaguely remember mentioning this idea to our MCM builder Brizio years back, this kind of thing can be salvaged by turning it into a caricature wheelie burnout dragster, complete with the exaggerated oval-shape tires out of the 1:32 scale Tom Daniel Snappers series of caricature dragsters, (or the Polar Lights repop variants) and with a double-blower intake sticking out of the hood from one of the old MPC Zingers kits, along with other requisite dragster bits.

2094025548_LeapinFairlane.jpg.c17a2edc0c42cdfcf905d671624fbceb.jpg

That's a great idea. I've always thought the same but never acted on it. Definitely post some photos if you go through with the transformation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Purchases from vendors at Spirit of Speed 8:

Heller Porsche 917
A nice AMT 65 Impala hardtop box containing a Hasegawa 65 Impala
Revell 66 Impala hardtop
AMT 1969 Mustang Mach 1 Annual rebuilder
Revell 56 Nomad
Geo Storm Promo with Centerline wheels
Revell 1970 Porsche 911

Edited by sfhess
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 5:04 PM, redscampi said:

These three built ups just arrived today from eBay. There are some broken and missing pieces but I'll be making modifications anyway.

IMG_0152.JPEG

Man that’s a nice score!   I like that beer wagon, I have been trying to score one myself.  I have a few new TeaJauna taxi  part check with me if you need a part just PM. ME…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Man that’s a nice score!   I like that beer wagon, I have been trying to score one myself.  I have a few new TeaJauna taxi  part check with me if you need a part just PM. ME…

Thanks Carl! The Beer Wagon was one of my early builds as a kid. I hope to rebuild this one and do it justice this time. The Tijuana Taxi is one that I always wanted but somehow never got. The Dog Catcher was a bonus. I don't remember even knowing about this kit, but it's cool!

PM will be on the way shortly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Just won one of these on eBay. One of those old Revell Christ craft sport fishing yachts. Should be cool to do a boat. As far as I can remember, I only did the PT 109 when I was a kid.

s-l1600 (12).jpg

I picked up one of those this summer too.  Haven’t dug into it yet though.

• Like 1