Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

IMG_9450.JPG.2ffe4ad984d9446c480ffabd51c36f69.JPG

Another Z?! This one is a good source of parts, with two engines and various other bits that will be 'useful'. The box is so well-stocked that the lid barely closes.

The accessory packs were on special offer, as was the detail-up set for the Beemax Toyota Corona.

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago at the NNL West I picked up a few items.  I picked up Revell's 1932 Ford sedan.  It was open box with sealed bags.  Good deal at $20.00.  I then picked up a bag of Model T and Model A parts for $6.00.  It included a glue bomb Monogram 1930 Ford coupe that was mostly complete, a chrome hotrod frame and misc. parts.  

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Edited by carrucha
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Sledsel said:

I found this at a thrift store, it's missing the rear tail lights and bumper so hopefully I'll be able to find them

IMG_20240206_135616989.jpg

Look at the AMT '61 and '63 Ford kits for lights. I see bumpers on eBay now and then. I'm sort of a '62 Ford junkie myself. I just picked up the elusive convertible top that one of my kits was missing.

1 hour ago, bobss396 said:

Look at the AMT '61 and '63 Ford kits for lights. I see bumpers on eBay now and then. I'm sort of a '62 Ford junkie myself. I just picked up the elusive convertible top that one of my kits was missing.

Well, it is also missing the taillight panel but I believe the ht/conv part is the same. I have a broken 62 HT someone gave me and I'll need to check that for sure.

Drag city casting used to offer the uptop in resin but do not believe it is offered now, but I could be wrong.

They really need to bring the '62 kit back!

Too many posts in a row with no pictures in this thread. :)This is technically not a car - but it has wheels. Today I got this 1/9 Protar Norton Manx. It's mint but the box lid is a bit rough. I can live with it. The seller included a very cool Model Cars mag from 1969. I'm betting some of you might have pictures or articles in there.

IMG_0280.JPEG

IMG_0281.JPEG

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Well, it is also missing the taillight panel but I believe the ht/conv part is the same. I have a broken 62 HT someone gave me and I'll need to check that for sure.

Drag city casting used to offer the uptop in resin but do not believe it is offered now, but I could be wrong.

They really need to bring the '62 kit back!

I think the Hubley promos are 1/24 scale. I owned both the wagon you have and the AMT convertible kit as a kid. Indeed the convertible was the 1st model I ever entered in a contest. I loved that kit. I also had the ’62 Fairlane promo that I think was an AMT. 

This one isn't technically a car either but it arrived today and is a 1/6 scale Indian Board racer from CIX Models.

Made in Italy and 3D printed. It looks like its well made and will build up into an impressive sized model.

IMG_3388.jpeg

IMG_3391.jpeg

• Like 4

Even though I haven't been on the forum much at all, and haven't sat at the bench since GSL, I'm still buying stuff.  Intended to get just a few things, and it got out of hand.  First batch, realized I should have got another pair of wheels, which led to more stuff. 😆  Don't know what came over me. 🙄  Second round I got smart and printed pictures to go with the engines, since instructions don't exist.

IMG_7943.thumb.jpeg.db603f1e1dec38d6622752d419690702.jpeg
IMG_7981.thumb.jpeg.8817c03bd28939c74378b1f1300b7244.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 89AKurt said:

Even though I haven't been on the forum much at all, and haven't sat at the bench since GSL, I'm still buying stuff.  Intended to get just a few things, and it got out of hand.  First batch, realized I should have got another pair of wheels, which led to more stuff. 😆  Don't know what came over me. 🙄  Second round I got smart and printed pictures to go with the engines, since instructions don't exist.

Real nice engines!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roncla said:

This one isn't technically a car either but it arrived today and is a 1/6 scale Indian Board racer from CIX Models.

Made in Italy and 3D printed. It looks like its well made and will build up into an impressive sized model.

IMG_3388.jpeg

IMG_3391.jpeg

Wow! That looks like it will be impressive. Congrats!

9 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

He has really nice stuff. I've bought several items from him. Helps that he's in-state. :)

• Like 1

UPS dropped off a package containing the results of an on-line auction I won, items were complete kits and parts.

20240208_120820.jpg

Complete kits include the Coke '34 Ford pickup, '59 Cadillac Eldorado, Cadillac STS V, Snapfast Petty Pontiac, and a 1/43 scale Heller Subura Impreza WRC. The other kit boxes are slot-car leftovers - no bodies or exterior chrome. The 69 Firebird does include the OHC in-line 6 (major score for me). The white box has a painted 50 Ford convertible that is restorable, the gray plastic bag appears to be a complete Camaro kit, the red plastic bag is a restorable '69 Corvair, and the GT-500 (1/32) is bits and pieces. Amazingly all the parts kits have the complete engines, wheels, and tires. Will be bagging some of the stuff up to take with me to the Salisbury Swapmeet in a couple of weeks, some I will be keeping.  If anyone on here has any desire for some of this stuff, send me a pm. The '59 Caddy is mine, the OHC in-line 6 is mine, and I think I will be keeping the Corvair unless I get a pretty good offer.

Edited by TarheelRick
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I ordered an engine from T3D as well, great stuff.

• Like 1