Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

2 hours ago, imarriedawitch said:

Apologies if one of these has been posted before. Saw it on another site and thought it was pretty cool. It's a circuit board holder but does a decent job of being a second pair of hands.

DSCN0413.JPG.87ddbbefdb5522d2108082a967de741e.JPG

Now, that's neat..... 

4 hours ago, imarriedawitch said:

Apologies if one of these has been posted before. Saw it on another site and thought it was pretty cool. It's a circuit board holder but does a decent job of being a second pair of hands.

DSCN0413.JPG.87ddbbefdb5522d2108082a967de741e.JPG

I’ve been thinking of ordering one of these - what are the black “clamp” parts made of (the bits that actually grab the frame, in this shot)?  Just wondering if they’re likely to mark my paint and if I’d need to modify it with some sponge pads or something 

9 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I’ve been thinking of ordering one of these - what are the black “clamp” parts made of (the bits that actually grab the frame, in this shot)?  Just wondering if they’re likely to mark my paint and if I’d need to modify it with some sponge pads or something 

They appear to be a hard plastic that has a groove cut in the center lengthwise and three grooves from side to side. Depending on what you're working on you may want to consider some sort of padding. Personally I use a piece of that 1mm thick packing foam cut to size. Thick enough to give you some cushion but not so thick that the groove details disappear.

Got these in the mail yesterday from Best Model Car Parts on eBay for current and future projects. If you haven't ordered any of these I highly recommend them. He has a wide selection and they are cheap. They are not decals but have to be cut out and white glued in place. I've used them before and they add a lot of realism to the interior.

Later-

IMG_20200624_055803219.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

18 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Got these in the mail yesterday from Best Model Car Parts on eBay for current and future projects. If you haven't ordered any of these I highly recommend them. He has a wife selection and they are cheap. They are not decals but have to be cut out and white glued in place. I've used them before and they add a lot of realism to the interior.

Later-

IMG_20200624_055803219.jpg

I've been buying them for all my American car models now, I apply them using a little dab of acrylic craft glue

FB_IMG_1593004852536.jpg

49 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

I've been buying them for all my American car models now, I apply them using a little dab of acrylic craft glue

FB_IMG_1593004852536.jpg

Looks good! Here is mine after 10 min. I included aluminum bezels made from tubing and Pledge for lenses.

Later-

IMG_20200624_070917653.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

2 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Best part is that he offers gauge sets for some long gone annuals that never came with gauge decals from the beginning.

I have a set from Best Model Car Parts that were made for the AMT '64 Pontiac Grand Prix that I will be using on my most recent project.

image.jpeg.339e9356aea560e10bfdf5000219ed6d.jpeg

Steve

10 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

Is Ebay the only way to get them?

Rich,

There is an email address on the card.

Bestmodelcarparts@gmail.com You may be able to see what other options he has available by sending him an email. 

Later-

5 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Best part is that he offers gauge sets for some long gone annuals that never came with gauge decals from the beginning.

I got in touch with him a few months ago, he'd got a gauge set listed for the 1:24th scale Monogram '57 Corvette, I asked him if he did them in 1:25th scale for the AMT version,  he did me a couple of sets, he really is a superb guy to deal with,.

2 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I got in touch with him a few months ago, he'd got a gauge set listed for the 1:24th scale Monogram '57 Corvette, I asked him if he did them in 1:25th scale for the AMT version,  he did me a couple of sets, he really is a superb guy to deal with,.

I'll remember that.

Maybe I can goad him into producing a few more sets for some of the old annuals that I need gauges for that he doesn't already offer. ;)

Steve

Bestmodelcarparts have great service, when i found out he produced the vw heb he didn't have them listed so i sent him a message asking and he replied straight away that he did produce them but had none in stock so give him a few days. i missed the first one he listed as someone else got there first (the joys of timezones, lol) but he made me another. the price was very fair too for the amount of parts it included. I will definately be buying from them again.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...