Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I didn't exactly get these today, but this is the first chance I've had to post any pics. LOL

First up are three I got in trade from Scot8950:

DSC03976-vi.jpg

I've been after a '59 Buick for years! The other two, a '63 Imperial and a '61 Ford pickup, are just icing on the cake! That's three knocked off the old "Grail List"!

Next are the two I traded for from GoodbuildNY:

DSC03979-vi.jpg

For around fifty years, I've been trying to come up with a '68 Dodge Coronet R/T. In the last month, I've managed to acquire two of them! This one doesn't have the windshield frame broken off! The new Plymouth kit is one I didn't have in the stash, either.

The next three came from a member of another forum:

DSC03980-vi.jpg

The Lark didn't start out with a broken windshield frame, but by the time it got to my house, it was in pieces! Maybe I can repair it. That's a wait-and-see type deal.

Flea Market Day!  Not many sellers or buyers there, as we are under a dark and gloomy sky with the threat of severe thunderstorms.  Hopefully not another EF-3 tornado with winds of 160+ MPH, like we got back in April. 

I did find an old AMT-ERTL Value Pack with 3 good kits that are also a gold mine for useful parts:  the '62 T-Bird, '66 Riviera and '69 442.

Img_0565.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

17 hours ago, Bucky said:

I didn't exactly get these today, but this is the first chance I've had to post any pics. LOL

I've been after a '59 Buick for years! The other two, a '63 Imperial and a '61 Ford pickup, are just icing on the cake! That's three knocked off the old "Grail List"!

Next are the two I traded for from GoodbuildNY:

For around fifty years, I've been trying to come up with a '68 Dodge Coronet R/T. In the last month, I've managed to acquire two of them! This one doesn't have the windshield frame broken off! The new Plymouth kit is one I didn't have in the stash, either.

The next three came from a member of another forum:

The Lark didn't start out with a broken windshield frame, but by the time it got to my house, it was in pieces! Maybe I can repair it. That's a wait-and-see type deal.

Pretty nice haul Keith!

I won't ask what you had to give up for all of that. :D

But the '61 Ford truck and the '68 Coronet are pretty sweet!

I'm pretty certain that following my '64 Grand Prix build, a '68 Coronet R/T hard top will be my next project.

Haven't done a Hemi in a long time, so I'm thinking the Coronet will get one, if I can find a good set of "HEMI" PE badges for the quarter panels.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

On 6/9/2020 at 10:07 PM, Bucky said:

DSC03976-vi.jpg

Great haul, Bucky! I was looking at the Buick but decided to let it go (and sorry, Scot, for not getting back to you). Shame about the Lark; can probably be fixed if you have all the pieces. Get ready for some fine drilling and pinning - tedious but doable.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

12 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Flea Market Day!  Not many sellers or buyers there, as we are under a dark and gloomy sky with the threat of severe thunderstorms.  Hopefully not another EF-3 tornado with winds of 160+ MPH, like we got back in April. 

I did find an old AMT-ERTL Value Pack with 3 good kits that are also a gold mine for useful parts:  the '62 T-Bird, '66 Riviera and '69 442.

Img_0565.jpg

nice kits Mike!

Got  several resins over past couple weeks...'59 Impala wagons, 4dr, 2dr, Brookwood, SD, 61 Impala wagon, 49 Ford wagon and SD, 69/70 Dodge PU, retro camper, plus a few others.

Also got these yesterday,thanks USPS!?

IMG_20200610_123123428.jpg

IMG_20200610_123108221.jpg

Edited by 64SS350

30 minutes ago, 64SS350 said:

Got  several resins over past couple weeks...'59 Impala wagons, 4dr, 2dr, Brookwood, SD, 61 Impala wagon, 49 Ford wagon and SD, 69/70 Dodge PU, retro camper, plus a few others.

I cringe every time I see that USPS is delivering my package.

1 hour ago, 64SS350 said:

If you take pride in your work this should not happen...

2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

I got an eBay purchase last week in a box that looked much like that or worse (outer package), but the rare old model inside was complete, intact, and undamaged, so I had no complaint. 

4 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Finally arrived after 39 days from Hong Kong, why you can't buy these in England is beyond me....

20200611_111317.jpg

Tamiya Enamel paints are so nice! I wish they where sold here in the U.S. as well! Luckily I still have a few from a Secret Source that scored some from Tamiya a few years back ?

3 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Tamiya Enamel paints are so nice! I wish they where sold here in the U.S. as well! Luckily I still have a few from a Secret Source that scored some from Tamiya a few years back ?

There were plenty of hobby stores in Hong Kong when I was there last year selling them, but I'd already bought a few other hobby products, and enamel paints aren't allowed in hand luggage,  I've heard good things about Tamiya enamel paint, I'm looking forward to giving them a try, I'll probably end up buying more of them. 

11 hours ago, slusher said:

nice kits Mike!

Thanks. The seller had 3 of those old Value-Packs and a few separate kits, like a Lindberg '61 Chevy.  I got the one Value-Pack, then after a few minutes went back to check out the seller again.  But he was gone!  It was like the Twilight Zone or something.  But that's the way the Flea Market works. If you see something you might want, you better grab it when it's in front of you.  

9 hours ago, GeeBee said:

There were plenty of hobby stores in Hong Kong when I was there last year selling them, but I'd already bought a few other hobby products, and enamel paints aren't allowed in hand luggage,  I've heard good things about Tamiya enamel paint, I'm looking forward to giving them a try, I'll probably end up buying more of them. 

I thin them out a bit and shoot through the air brush with fantastic results

On 6/11/2020 at 5:15 AM, 64SS350 said:

Got  several resins over past couple weeks...'59 Impala wagons, 4dr, 2dr, Brookwood, SD, 61 Impala wagon.

Can you post pics please, and where you got them from, or pm me the info. Those are on my wish list.

1 hour ago, sfhess said:

Yesterday I received a resin 66 Country Sedan from Paul Hettick.  Very nice.  Looks better in person than the pictures.

I have the Squire, and they are quite nice, especially the body. I have been carefully grinding the interior tub's wheel wells up a bit. I hope to be able to use the full radius of the donor kit's wheel wells and only have to cut a slice off the inside for clearance. Completely removing them and using the interior tub's wells isn't what I want to do. I am also going to modify and move the donor chassis' fuel tank and add a spare tire well behind the RR wheel.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...