Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 6/17/2020 at 6:39 PM, Tom Geiger said:

There is also an AMT annual of the 74.  Note that it has a different nose from the other year Mustang IIs since they modified it in 75 to allow for a V8 engine.  When I met my wife she had a 74 V6 coupe.  In 79 she just had to have a new car and traded it in on a 79 Capri... big mistake.  

AMT and MPC both had '74-'77 kits.  MPC only for '78.  MPC had the promo model deal, they did promos for '74 and '75.

Besides the hood and grille, '74 has the gas cap below the styling crease on the quarter panel.  It was moved up for '75.

It was a deal I couldn’t resist Tom as I need more ways to display stuff. I’ve been working on the 32 ford pickups but kind of lost interest. Have to start something else I guess.

Edited by ewetwo

5 hours ago, ewetwo said:

It was a deal I couldn’t resist Tom as I need more ways to display stuff. I’ve been working on the 32 ford pickups but kind of lost interest. Have to start something else I guess.

I understand about losing interest. A build has to be fun and catch my attention or I can't stay with it long. I always manage to come back to it though.

Later-

Just now got a glass unit for the '66 Skylark; surprised I was the only bidder since the bare body jumped to $71 in the last seconds. Also hit HL and Michael's yesterday; finally picked up some Testor's clamps with the 50% off coupon because the model selection was... what it's been for a long time. The Testor's enamel detail washes were on clearance for $3.79 each so I grabbed a few.

HL didn't have anything new on the shelves; there were a few gaps but for older kits. I lucked out finding the guy who works the model section and he said they had one (?!?) '67 Chevy come in but it wouldn't be stocked until maybe Friday :rolleyes:.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Just now got a glass unit for the '66 Skylark; surprised I was the only bidder since the bare body jumped to $71 in the last seconds.

Very interesting! Last week I bought from the same guy a never-painted body from the Craftsman kit for $45. And of course mine includes the hood. 

I've been collecting Skylark bits and pieces for quite a while and shouldn't have much trouble getting a complete car of some sort together from it. B)

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

they had one (?!?) '67 Chevy come in but it wouldn't be stocked until maybe Friday :rolleyes:.

The shelf space at the store here was labeled "TV and movie car assortment".  I'm not sure what other items Round 2 is currently producing, but when a SN '67 Impala comes off of the shelf, it may not necessarily be replaced with another one right away.

Had an eBay win last week - got a BUNCH of Revell 32 parts and three of whatever those yellow 32 bodies are (an older Monogram Deuce?) for the princely sum of $7.

6447A953-D44C-4B3C-A494-2D22073C98A8.thumb.jpeg.3a09f2eec337be70c0ac3c6e0a7feabf.jpeg
944F5C0C-7AC3-4725-B494-85DC480D887B.thumb.jpeg.7126e652f4fc4ff5ef202fc097cfd8df.jpeg

There’s definitely an entire 32 kit in there so I’m happy with it just for that - but all the extra bits are a nice bonus!

Edited by CabDriver

43 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Had an eBay win last week - got a BUNCH of Revell 32 parts and three of whatever those yellow 32 bodies are (an older Monogram Deuce?) for the princely sum of $7.

6447A953-D44C-4B3C-A494-2D22073C98A8.thumb.jpeg.3a09f2eec337be70c0ac3c6e0a7feabf.jpeg
944F5C0C-7AC3-4725-B494-85DC480D887B.thumb.jpeg.7126e652f4fc4ff5ef202fc097cfd8df.jpeg

There’s definitely an entire 32 kit in there so I’m happy with it just for that - but all the extra bits are a nice bonus!

Nice score

58 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

What a deal. How would you like to double your money ??? ?

1 minute ago, CabDriver said:

Would make a change from my wife halving the money in my wallet I guess...??

I understand that one. I'm funning about the great deal you got. I'm usually the guy trying to off load a bunch of parts. Does make you wonder about the background on the treasure trove you found.  

Monogram 1987 Thunderbird Turbo arrived today.

Haven't got much interest in building it standard, but the accessory wheels will be good for another project, I might have a home for the 2.3 '4' and then I'm wondering how well the chassis (with a slight stretch) and engine from the Tamiya Mustang Cobra R would fit under there?..........

4 hours ago, espo said:

I understand that one. I'm funning about the great deal you got. I'm usually the guy trying to off load a bunch of parts. Does make you wonder about the background on the treasure trove you found.  

Funny thing about the three yellow Monogram bodies - one of them was a very slightly different color yellow to the other two.  Barely noticeable, but just a slightly different color.

Inspected it closer - someone painted it about the closest color yellow to the kit plastic that you would probably be able to find ?.  Guess they liked the kit yellow a lot! ???

7 hours ago, Russell C said:

Courtesy of "Modlbldr" Tom here, one of my partly stalled hot rod projects will be able to make a bit more headway toward the seaside.

1149889921_surfinstuff.jpg.b4d6f8f26952e44e0cf68fc85bd6da8e.jpg

Glad to hear you got it Russell. Glad I could help you out. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your build.

Later-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...