Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got a few things in the mail today...the MPC Datsun pickup reissue,  Harts Parts resin '71 Challenger R/T conversion parts (for the AMT '70), a Motor City Resin '72 Gran Torino Sport 2dr notchback, and a resin '69 Dodge Coronet R/T body and bumpers, plan to use it with the internals from a MPC '70 Coronet.  

MPC 75 Datsun pickup re-issue, courtesy of the 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon, in Anderson, SC.  HL was dumping the Barris Surf Woody for $10.79. That was the only model car I saw on clearance in this store.  Still don't have the Revell 66 Suburban, though a space is ready for it in the aisle, with an ID sticker.  They had the "Gasman" 49 Ford and a few other newer kits.

In other news...

Michael's was having a 50% off sale with coupon, but saw nothing tempting. Last year they had some of those "spooky village" diorama things, with skeletons that looked close to 1/24 scale.  None of those this year that I saw.

Ollie's only had a few Lindberg ships and armor kits.  Didn't even see a single 64 Dodge or Crown Vic Police, and this store always has those. 

I also bought some of those Jacquard Metallic paints on sale at HL.  I've only experimented with the Yellow so far.  They're pre-thinned for the airbrush and worked well thru an Aztek.  They are acrylic, and cleaned up oK with Tamiya X-20 thinner or 91% isopropyl alcohol.

One thing I noticed:  the Yellow was sensitive to the primer under it. Which I guess is common for any yellow paint. Sprayed over white primer or bare white plastic, the color came out as a nice bright metallic yellow.  The metal "flakes" even looked in scale, not the lumps you see in some metallic paints.  But sprayed over grey primer, the color shifted to more of a darker gold, not bright yellow.  So far, they're fun to play around with and I think they'll be useful.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep this in mind!

Nice, I'm gonna have to try and find some. More paint never hurts.

Be sure to check the Clearance sections, which are almost always in the back of the store to the far left or right. Also, several stores have had heavily discounted kits in shopping carts right up front when you walk in.

Be sure to check the Clearance sections, which are almost always in the back of the store to the far left or right. Also, several stores have had heavily discounted kits in shopping carts right up front when you walk in.

Thanks Dan. Nice timing. I'm actually just getting ready to head over to the States here shortly. Going to go out with my sister for lunch then hit up a couple Hobby Lobby's in the Niagara Falls area.

My haul for today.

Moebius Lonestar, scored off Ebay for $65 CDN  including shipping. Shelby Mustang diecast as a donor from HL. A Logano Fusion on clearance from HL for $9.30, a FF Civic for $8.35 clearance from HL. Some more Vallejo paints from HL...found some that still had a $2.99 price tag. A R/C Bentley Continental GT3 car....this will get spruced up into a better looking curbside racer. A double back of diecast from Costco for the price of one normally...I'm thinking a 488 GTE car out of the one. And lastly my Scale Finishes order from August.

20171027_201848.jpg

My haul for today.

Moebius Lonestar, scored off Ebay for $65 CDN  including shipping. Shelby Mustang diecast as a donor from HL. A Logano Fusion on clearance from HL for $9.30, a FF Civic for $8.35 clearance from HL. Some more Vallejo paints from HL...found some that still had a $2.99 price tag. A R/C Bentley Continental GT3 car....this will get spruced up into a better looking curbside racer. A double back of diecast from Costco for the price of one normally...I'm thinking a 488 GTE car out of the one. And lastly my Scale Finishes order from August.

20171027_201848.jpg

Nice haul! Have you ever built the Hoda was wondering how good it went together....

The mailman dropped these off yesterday from my latest wins off a live auction group on Facebook, and the Trans Am Type K was in a parts box lot and makes the second find of one of my "Holy Grail" kits in as many weeks. Now I have this one to build and a sealed kit to keep on the shelf. 

23004551_1615713438491980_56366134715258

Monkey see, monkey want...

Ever since I saw what a great looking model Tyler62990 made with this kit, I've had to have one. Found a decent deal on a sealed virgin, and it arrived today.

s-l1600.jpg

Anybody who likes trucks and hasn't seen this one, well, you need to.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/126881-the-road-weary-roadway-ford-ok-its-actually-done-this-time-i-swear/

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...