Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The '66 Fairlane promo came today; no real bad surprises - going to dismantle it tonight and do some very careful stripping and thorough cleaning before restoring it. This will be the fourth promo I've restored lately - nice break from the rabbit holes I get into with the regular builds! :rolleyes:

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Bill Eh? said:

Chris I am extremely envious of you for all four of those kits. This is the first time I have EVER seen a kit of the Toyota 87C. Drool...

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, jchrisf said:

Yeah Bill, I saw that car and had to have it.  I had to throw in a few more to justify the shipping... they ended up costing me $25 a piece.  If you get just the 87c it will cost you $30 with shipping.  I got my order in 10 days.  

https://www.plazajapan.com/4967834203518

Well it's the first time you've seen one (although it's a reissue of an earlier version of the same kit) because there is no 87C kit.  It's their 88C kit with a 87 livery and instructions in the instructions on how to at least partially backdate it - including adding sheet styrene to the rear wheel arches to square them off. FWIW the Brun 962C would require a substantial re-work to make it accurate to that car, but then again 99% of the people who'd see it would never know what the 1:1 looks like vs. any other 962C.

On 10.8.2018 at 1:05 AM, kelson said:

Mailman brought this today,i already have two kits,they just didn't come with boxes.:)IMG_E0279.thumb.JPG.af09e328d1ecee054fde2d6d83a40a2c.JPG

Nice find and box look decent.

Been trying to find boxes myself,most of the stuff was bought as rebuilders.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...