Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up another glooey 1/24 Renault Dauphine a while back. Now I have 2...one to restore, one to hack up.

s-l1600.jpg

I've always liked them, ever since I bought one with a blown head gasket for about $35 back in the mid 1970s. Good little car. Slow but willing, and hard to beat an honest 40MPG.

There were a few 2-door cars built.   Image result for Dauphine coupé Riviera 

There were also some custom-bodied cars, and though I think those below are P'shopped, something similar is what I have in mind...but with a hot Porsche 4-banger.

image.jpeg.0f980a9c59221ebb05f36e168e508564.jpeg image.jpeg.a9b774f1159b31345d11c27232db08e1.jpeg image.jpeg.8edf4d962d2891fbf972e2198690744b.jpeg

I'm also considering pulling molds, and doing at least one altered or gasser.   :D

About the same time, I scored a clean unbuilt one of these. image.jpeg.ecd6978fa61be8c00246a490257551e8.jpeg

I chopped and channeled a gluebomb some time back, and liked the kit so much, I've been after a virgin.  Image result for ace-garageguy chopped 40 ford pickup

One of these followed me home too. After answering a tech question here, I realized I had nothing like the blower on this car. Now I do. Found a complete kit cheap.

image.jpeg.5aced85513f47bb59354fcaf38832378.jpeg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

28 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Wife went shopping and found this Cobra and brought it home to me . Surprisingly with all the ones I have I did not have this one . My wife is a keeper ! 

73979B61-69BE-440D-A5C9-7702FF083DB7.jpeg

I think I saw one of those at Walmart this morning. But it looked bigger than 1/24-1/25, so I left it there. 

I had a license from IH trucks to build 1/50 scale IH 5600i diecast with Conrad in Germany. This model was replaced by the 7000 series.

I found this resin kit on EBAY and received it July 27. Who ever did the casting did a great job the frame is straight and cab is square. There is 1 mirror missing but I have extras from Conrad.

This appears to have been a copy of the cement mixer as it has water tanks for the side of the frame. Tire seems to be in round so now to figure out how to build it, demi tractor maybe.

4oz0v3k.jpg

Stopped in Hobby Lobby to pick up a 24x36 frame for my new "Bullitt" poster.  Frames were 50% off this weekend, so that saved me 10 bucks.  That left a 40% coupon burning a hole in my cellphone.  So I picked up the last AMT "75th Anniversary" White Freightliner SD/DD kit they had on the shelf.  I don't build many trucks but that's a really nice one, especially with all the options and extras.

1 hour ago, Joe Handley said:

Picked up two more of the Revell '70 Charger R/T kits (Panther Pink car on the box) at Hobby Lobby tonight. Only got one before things went south for Revell and wanted more, sooooooo..................................

Good find they are getting harder to find.

1 hour ago, Joe Handley said:

Picked up two more of the Revell '70 Charger R/T kits (Panther Pink car on the box) at Hobby Lobby tonight. Only got one before things went south for Revell and wanted more, sooooooo..................................

Good to see you were able to get a couple more. I left one on the shelf at HL today that wasn't there a week ago. I noticed they still showed them in stock online a couple days ago when I was browsing their site.

10 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Good find they are getting harder to find.

I had been planning on buying my 4th Tamiya paint stand, but when I saw there was two and wanting to build 2 while I still have a spare, just in case, I figured they will still have the stands next weekend.

10 hours ago, BKF said:

Good to see you were able to get a couple more. I left one on the shelf at HL today that wasn't there a week ago. I noticed they still showed them in stock online a couple days ago when I was browsing their site.

I got one to build like the 440 Six Pack/4 Speed/Super Track Pack car  my parents had back in the day, then maybe do another as a tribute-ish car that would be a late model Hemi (maybe the 392 out of the prepainted Challenger kits, since I have 3 of those....) and painted the Moss Green Pearl my 1:1 Cherokee is painted.

4 hours ago, smhardesty said:

How do you find product on The Sales Shack site? I go there and there is nothing listed under their "Products" when I click on "Shop". I can't find anything at all.

Go to the home page: https://thesalesshack.net/

Click on Shop at the top of the page which should take you here: https://thesalesshack.net/shop?olsPage=products

This should be the View All Products view which currently goes on for 86 pages. Below on the left is a list of several sub-category filters allowing you to filter by make of car or kit manufacturer, etc. I generally use their search box at the top of the page and search on the appropriate text, i.e. Revell 32 Ford Coupe, etc.

What I described above works for me. I'm using a 1600 x 900 dpi monitor and the first 3 product images show on the page (right now Tamiya paint stand set new in box, Men’s XL Model Hut T-Shirt, and 1969 Ford F100 Factory Sealed sorted by Most popular, which appears to be the default). If you can't see what I described I suspect it has to do with the type of computing device (cell phone, tablet, laptop, etc.) and the browser your using and specific settings you have.

Edited by Bernard Kron

Had someone whose dad died, had a bunch of models, many still wrapped, with price tags like $1.49.  Some kits were started.  The coolest I got is an IMC (Industro Motive Corp.) Ford GTP J car that was painted a bad white, easy save.  Also got a Datsun pickup "California Sunshine" that was started, would make a cool autocross rig.  Lindberg 1935 Auburn Speedster wrapped, Aurora Maserati 3500 GT, Monogram Cord 812, Monogram 1934 Duesenberg Weyman Torpedo Phaeton, and some other kits was my haul.

5 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Had someone whose dad died, had a bunch of models, many still wrapped, with price tags like $1.49.  Some kits were started.  The coolest I got is an IMC (Industro Motive Corp.) Ford GTP J car that was painted a bad white, easy save.  Also got a Datsun pickup "California Sunshine" that was started, would make a cool autocross rig.  Lindberg 1935 Auburn Speedster wrapped, Aurora Maserati 3500 GT, Monogram Cord 812, Monogram 1934 Duesenberg Weyman Torpedo Phaeton, and some other kits was my haul.

WOW...nice finds Kurt....Id love to make some cool finds..its been quite awhile since I had.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...