Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Today, I am a very happy camper!

I just received this very nice example of an extremely rare Johan 1968 Oldsmobile 442 from my new best friend from Sweden, Claes Ericsson!! :D

Everything is there & in terrific shape for a pretty easy resto.

Body is in great shape with only a small warp to the front passengers side fender.

The chrome will need re-plating, but that is to be expected.

The interior & glass are in top notch shape!

The grille backing plate is welded pretty hard to the radiator, but that won't be an issue.

My plan is to use the guts from the MPC '69 442 for the engine, chassis & engine bay.

I'm very excited about this trade & am really looking forward to jumping into this build.

The 1968 muscle cars have been woefully under represented in recent years & this a biggie to find.

Thank you Claes!

I am eternally indebted to you for this little gem! ;)

Steve

2v2JCrGVjxwUbWP.jpg2v2JCrGgoxwUbWP.jpg2v2JCrGnNxwUbWP.jpg2v2JCrGd8xwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Great score, congratulations! Now I'm wishing I'd bought the '68 conversion parts from Modelhaus....:(

Interesting.

What did the conversion parts consist of?

I realize that there is not a lot of difference between the '68 & '69, but there is enough that I would think that it would require a new body & interior?

Steve

8 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Interesting.

What did the conversion parts consist of?

I realize that there is not a lot of difference between the '68 & '69, but there is enough that I would think that it would require a new body & interior?

Steve

I believe it had front/rear bumpers/grille/taillights and complete interior. Maybe a hood? But I'm not 100% sure and there's no way to check now unless someone here has one.

I do believe I have one of their '68 Chevelle conversions waiting for me in my big "Last Care Package" box.

10 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I believe it had front/rear bumpers/grille/taillights and complete interior. Maybe a hood? But I'm not 100% sure and there's no way to check now unless someone here has one.

I do believe I have one of their '68 Chevelle conversions waiting for me in my big "Last Care Package" box.

Just wondering because the '69 body, while very close in over all dimensions to a '68, would require the addition of vent windows & filling of the tail light spaces on the rear of the car.

I think that the interiors were pretty close, but the upholstery pattern was slightly different and the '68 had no head rests.

Steve

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Just wondering because the '69 body, while very close in over all dimensions to a '68, would require the addition of vent windows & filling of the tail light spaces on the rear of the car.

Steve

Not a big deal if someone like you or me really wanted a '68 on the shelf. B)

Got these in the mail today after hoping someone would 3D print these someday..............

P1016357.thumb.jpg.bec485eafa28b92f63608abcaa894557.jpgP1016358.thumb.JPG.df50b45c3b68b7afcb268859c3a348c6.JPGP1016359.thumb.JPG.483bbb2038b16c5803fbf797cd203b69.JPG

Another KNOCKOUT product from Chief Joseph of Fireball Modelworks! If you're tired of seeing '67 Camaros ALWAYS done in the ever present rally wheels, you need to get a set of these! You'll have to find the appropriate tires to use with them.........frankly, I think these look best in a set of redlines but that's just me.

A must have item!

Those are definitely good looking wheel covers. Joseph turns out some great products. Thanks for sharing the close up photo. It helps a bunch to see them that clearly.

EDIT:  Now I'm wondering if I have a '67 Camaro in my stash. I know I've got two '69 kits, but those will both be used for a tribute build of my wife's Rallye Green '69. Hmmm. Might be time to look for a good deal on a '67 kit. I'll check my stash over the weekend.

Thanks.

Edited by smhardesty

On 6/30/2018 at 6:49 AM, oter11 said:
got a few kits in the mail today.
pUq257Q.jpg
Lay8vO2.jpg
IoVCS4H.jpg
ljyh8DK.jpg
kOXF8JZ.jpg
jEfbFg4.jpg
jYJCr0a.jpg
SvMQIbJ.jpg
62 bonneville is missing some parts as you see in the pics,if enyone have those,and dont need them,let me know.
66 galaxie have broken b pillar,and really bad Box
58 impala have also broken b pillar,but i have resin delivery body i will use on this one.
Mercury looks Complete
63 nova is missing some small parts,need to look closer what it is

This one is going to be a rough build.....

One of the very few models my father ever built was this 48 Ford.  He brush painted the body blue (didn't do too bad for what it was) and a red interior.  He had a 46 Ford when he was young and this was the closest he would ever get to a model of one.  I still have it somewhere in my BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH in his basement.  He passed away a little over a year ago after a lengthy battle with Dementia including the last two years in a nursing home.  He always loved cars and I would show him pics on my phone from car shows (cars of the 40s and 50s were his favorite), but as the disease progressed I had to stop as he grew frustrated that he could no longer communicate and tell stories or details of that specific car.

I got it today at the Derby City model show in Louisville today.  (pic plagiarized from eBay).

1948 Ford.jpg

22 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Got these in the mail today after hoping someone would 3D print these someday..............

P1016357.thumb.jpg.bec485eafa28b92f63608abcaa894557.jpgP1016358.thumb.JPG.df50b45c3b68b7afcb268859c3a348c6.JPGP1016359.thumb.JPG.483bbb2038b16c5803fbf797cd203b69.JPG

Another KNOCKOUT product from Chief Joseph of Fireball Modelworks! If you're tired of seeing '67 Camaros ALWAYS done in the ever present rally wheels, you need to get a set of these! You'll have to find the appropriate tires to use with them.........frankly, I think these look best in a set of redlines but that's just me.

A must have item!

Was 67 the only year with that wheel cover Bill?

7 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Picked these up at an estate sale today. The woman (my age) said her brother made them when he was young. By the amount of dust on them. I believed her. LOL

7:14:18.jpeg

May I ask sir if that 57 Chevy has opening doors? I’ve been trying to identify at my uncle had wayyy back when and I’m sure that’s the one. Also does anyone know which manufacturer it’s from?

And great score by the way!

5 hours ago, Plashdaddy said:

May I ask sir if that 57 Chevy has opening doors? I’ve been trying to identify at my uncle had wayyy back when and I’m sure that’s the one. Also does anyone know which manufacturer it’s from?

And great score by the way!

The 57 Chevy that has opening doors is a Revell kit....hope this helps you.

On 7/15/2018 at 6:52 AM, Plashdaddy said:

Thank you sir. I think I’ve got it pinned down to a 1983 release now. My current brain is arguing with my 9 year old memories about it.

Yes. The 57 Chevy  does have opening doors. And the trunk opens also. It has a little plaque in the back window that says Cruz. Did they make a 57 Chevy model before 1983? 

Edited by ewetwo
wording

36 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Yes. The 57 Chevy  does have opening doors. And the truck opens also. It has a little plaque in the back window that says Cruz. Did they make a 57 Chevy model before 1983? 

Yes, that kit was first released in the early '60s.

My daughter just found these 4 at an estate sale. All the kits have been started except for the Monogram kit. The Revell kits are missing just a few parts.

There were other parts in one kit from another model. Will post pics later so I can figure out what kit they are from.

The Revell kits are from 1968 & 73. Monogram from 78 & AMT from 77 I believe.20180715_080139-vi.jpg

Edited by Lordmodelbuilder

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...