Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Bought a Revell Foose '65 Impala JUST to cut out the wheel openings and graft them into an AMT '66 Impala dirt tracker body to return it to stock-ish condition. I hate to waste a perfect body for this, and there are at least two other ways I could have restored the '66 wheel openings, but with a 40% off HL coupon, the price of the new '65 makes it not worth the considerable time and effort the scratching job would take me. And I'm sure the '65 will yield up all sorts of other useful goodies besides. Who knows, I might even decide to use its frame, engine, and/or interior with the AMT '66 body. B) Revell '65 Impalas are common; AMT '66s, not so much. 

On 7/19/2018 at 9:29 PM, Roncla said:

I got a copy of Italeris' 1/12 Alfa. This looks to be an excellent kit and its the first time for decades I've seen a plastic kit shipping with cancer stick advertising on its decal sheet.

Looking forward to seeing you build this one.

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I hate to waste a perfect body for this........

So don't. Nothing worse than hacking up a perfectly good body for a small detail. Make fiberglass copies. It's super easy, takes very little time and it saves a kit body. Look, if an idiot like me can do it, you'll have no problems.

A lot of guys "ooh and aah" about how innovative this is; yet, nobody attempts to take the explanation and demonstration to the next level, which is practical application. You can use Bondo Fiberglass Resin and .60-.75 oz. fiberglass cloth which can be gotten online for cheap. Together, the resin and cloth cost less than the kit.

30 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

So don't. Nothing worse than hacking up a perfectly good body for a small detail. Make fiberglass copies. It's super easy, takes very little time and it saves a kit body. Look, if an idiot like me can do it, you'll have no problems.

A lot of guys "ooh and aah" about how innovative this is; yet, nobody attempts to take the explanation and demonstration to the next level, which is practical application. You can use Bondo Fiberglass Resin and .60-.75 oz. fiberglass cloth which can be gotten online for cheap. Together, the resin and cloth cost less than the kit.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I COULD do that, but it would take me more time and effort than the common new body is worth to me. It ain't like I'm chopping up the last Revell '65 Impala in the world. 

I also have an unbuilt AMT '65 Impala with a ruined roof. Good chance this Revell roof could end up on that one. So it's money well spent IMHO. 

From the Derby City Modelers show last weekend......

The 36 and 48 Ford are sealed.  I didn't think the Supra was going to be on Round2's horizon so I had to grab it.  The Viper ACR is a Bbuargo die cast (needs some detailing)

5b53d71d281ae_DerbyshowinLouisville2018.JPG.545b8645e9d332ad7f89b9cb03383b78.JPG

No pics, but picked up some painting supplies from the paint shop across town and took the black NeuBug over to show him how the refinish on roof panel worked out as well as the second NeuBug was progressing (and admitting that I have since bought a third that arrived today:wacko:) and the C7 Vette that I'm planning on using the Effex Glitter Clear from Duplicolor over their Sealer Primer on.  Also picked up a third Tamiya paint stand set after not being able to get the Presto dehydrator I wanted to get.

8 hours ago, HomerS said:

From the Derby City Modelers show last weekend......

The 36 and 48 Ford are sealed.  I didn't think the Supra was going to be on Round2's horizon so I had to grab it.  The Viper ACR is a Bbuargo die cast (needs some detailing)

5b53d71d281ae_DerbyshowinLouisville2018.JPG.545b8645e9d332ad7f89b9cb03383b78.JPG

Nice finds Jeff...the Cadillac caught my eye.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Roncla said:

I got a copy of Italeris' 1/12 Alfa. This looks to be an excellent kit and its the first time for decades I've seen a plastic kit shipping with cancer stick advertising on its decal sheet.

IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_7952.jpg

I had one of these along time ago it was the old Protar kit nice!

7 hours ago, br67 said:

Got this new one to add to the herd

IMG_5414.JPG

IMG_5415.JPG

Magnificent! I have its twin or near-twin in the stash, it might be missing the rear bumper but I just received repros from Modelhaus so no biggie there. Mine has a couple deep scratches in the paint on the roof, though I think the rest of the paint is in good shape. I haven't decided whether to black vinyl top the roof and leave the rest of it alone, or go ahead and strip it and rebuild it "my way." Good luck with yours, it looks like a great project! 

Won a Revell Cobra 427S/C at the LMMCC meeting raffle last evening - interesting but probably trading material; also got a '66 Skylark Modified Stocker fairly reasonable on eBay - reliving one of my childhood builds (except I won't spray it with hot lacquer and craze the he5b5484322c132_Copyofhockeysticks.jpg.ad0f046a5aabbe6f2992a76497fc24be.jpg out of the body this time). The '69 Chevy wire wheels came in as well; little jewels - should be working on casting them soon.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Flea Market Day!  Found a big stack of plastic nostalgia.  One vendor was selling off his grandfather's model collection.

The Aurora 1/32 scale Show Trailer is mint. Ditto for the Revell Ford Auto Transporter, which is still sealed/bagged inside.  The Revell MG and Monogram "Forty-Niner" Model T hot rod have minor paint/assembly by an adult. Easily fixed with a chemical bath.  The Revell Global Van Lines truck is missing its tires and wheels.  I'll try to check back with the seller next week and find them, he had many boxes full of random parts.

I also picked up 3 Auto Transporter and 2 Global Van Lines truck boxes that are stuffed with parts. Again, no wheels/tires.  One of the neatest things about the Global Van Lines truck is the "Furniture Load" mentioned on the box-top: a couch, 2 chairs, table, refrigerator with separate door...and a grand piano!  

If anybody needs parts for the Revell Auto Transporter or Global Van Lines kits and wants to trade, message me and I may have the parts (except wheels/tires).  I know I have multiple frames, body parts, ramps for the car-hauler trailer, decal sheets for both trucks...and furniture! 

Img_0199.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error2

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...