Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

So sorry to hear that Carl. People can be so cruel.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Yes. Sad to hear that, Carl. I'd have a hard time with something like that too.

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

How STUPID can some people be?  I HATE people that hurt critters.

Thanks friends, I really appreciate your comments. My son picked him up everyday before and after school. That cat could never get enough petting...

Most people who have pets consider them as family and the Cat or Dog thinks of Humans as part of it's Pack. Always sad when we lose a pet, but when that pet was murdered it becomes very personal. Should you have any proof at all about what happened the Police can be a great aid to straighten things out. If this person has with out a doubt poisoned your Cat there are legal ways to handle such a person. I love Dog and I'm allergic to Cats, big time. Got a neighbor who's Cat thinks your flower beds are it's Litter Box, but I'm not going to kill it. He has two dogs of some hunting bread I'm not familiar with. The oldest Dog by one year is Mister Mellow. No barking and he likes to watch my in the yard and welcomes an Ear rub every now and then. When his younger brother is out the youngster sounds like a Tasmanian Devil growling all the time and roughing up the senior Dog. The owner will drag them apart sometimes but this Dog is always in full barking mode. We don't have fences but at my suggestion when the guy got the first Dog he put in one of the buried electric fences and that has work as advertised. When we go out on our deck in the back yard this fool Dog has a barking fit until the neighbor comes out and takes the Dog inside.   

I fell off a ladder yesterday while cleaning out the gutters. I was using my 10 ft. ladder as always, but it doesn't allow my to easily reach into the gutter at one side of the house where the ground starts to drop off toward the back yard. Standing at the very top of the 10 footer I can just reach into the gutter over my head. My good neighbor said a should try his extension ladder as it is somewhat taller. For those not familiar with extension ladders, much like myself,  they can be very unstable since you only have two "feet" that support the ladder and they are about the size of a 2"x4" turned on it's side. While I put a 1"x6" under the feet to help stabilize the ladder in the mulch of the flower bed it still started to slide off too one side as I was coming down the ladder. I was still about 6' in the air when the ladder went one way and I went the other. I landed very hard while trying to break my fall with my right hand and shoulder before my head hit the ground. Last night I just had a head ache and sort wrist and shoulder with a few scrapes. This morning I feel like I've been beaten with a baseball bat. Next time I'll be hiring someone else for this job. I never liked heights anyway.  

28 minutes ago, espo said:

I fell off a ladder yesterday while cleaning out the gutters. I was using my 10 ft. ladder as always, but it doesn't allow my to easily reach into the gutter at one side of the house where the ground starts to drop off toward the back yard. Standing at the very top of the 10 footer I can just reach into the gutter over my head. My good neighbor said a should try his extension ladder as it is somewhat taller. For those not familiar with extension ladders, much like myself,  they can be very unstable since you only have two "feet" that support the ladder and they are about the size of a 2"x4" turned on it's side. While I put a 1"x6" under the feet to help stabilize the ladder in the mulch of the flower bed it still started to slide off too one side as I was coming down the ladder. I was still about 6' in the air when the ladder went one way and I went the other. I landed very hard while trying to break my fall with my right hand and shoulder before my head hit the ground. Last night I just had a head ache and sort wrist and shoulder with a few scrapes. This morning I feel like I've been beaten with a baseball bat. Next time I'll be hiring someone else for this job. I never liked heights anyway.  

Went through something similar last year. Fell about 4-5 feet onto hard packed dirt/ concrete sidewalk. I put my arms out to help break the fall, but got a radial head fracture in my left arm instead.  Still hurts like mad during damp weather. 

21 minutes ago, cobraman said:

All of a sudden I can’t post photos here . Tried iPhone and iPad but no luck . I get an error 200 . Anyone know what this is and mean ? Thanks 

l

Lotsa that going around lately. Dave is hoping things will return to normal after the next big update dealywadder.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:42 PM, slusher said:

Someone poisoned our cat. We found him dead on the carport. He would visit the girl cat next door and the guy next to them killed their cat a.year ago. My cat didn't get on cars never bothered anyone. I can only think it could have been him. He bled and foamed out his mouth. My wife and son are so hurt and my son took care of him. We adopted him. I just have to put it in God's hands....

That is really terrible Carl. I have a golden retriever named Ben that I rescued 5-6 years ago. He has the best disposition. So I found out where Ben was actually born and contacted the breeder to see about getting another from him. I've never paid for a dog but I know Ben would love another dog to play with. Can not do. The guy next door to the breeder got in a fight with the breeder and poisoned his male dog. If someone poisoned Ben. He's my kid. My best friend. I'd be in jail for murder. LOL. Wish you could prove the guy did it. 

Ben.jpg

This happened the other day at work.I work with this girl who thinks she’s GODS gift to men.But that’s beside the point.The other day I saw her talking to her boyfriend in his car.Apparently she has been seeing another guy she works with too.I was outside smoking, and just happen to hear them arguing.She was basically splitting up with the guy after 5 years of being together..I mean the guy was crying.Anyway,she gets out, his car,& he drives away.Then as she is walking back into the building ,she starts to sing,” I broke another one,I broke another guys heart,”Oh yea yea,etc,all the time laughing.Im the best”bla bla bla..What is wrong with some women.If there is Karma,and she believes in all that, then she will definitely get hers.You don’t treat people like that, especially the ones who you love or loved.But like I said, hopefully soon, she’ll fall flat on her face.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:24 AM, espo said:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and yes you should stay off ladders. I've very comfortable on ladders as I had been doing construction work for years. And yes I've fallen a couple of times, but not enough to keep me off them. Of course I'm getting older and ladders may be a thing of the past for me just like lawn mowers and snow throwers. We'll see?

4 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

This happened the other day at work.I work with this girl who thinks she’s GODS gift to men.But that’s beside the point.The other day I saw her talking to her boyfriend in his car.Apparently she has been seeing another guy she works with too.I was outside smoking, and just happen to hear them arguing.She was basically splitting up with the guy after 5 years of being together..I mean the guy was crying.Anyway,she gets out, his car,& he drives away.Then as she is walking back into the building ,she starts to sing,” I broke another one,I broke another guys heart,”Oh yea yea,etc,all the time laughing.Im the best”bla bla bla..What is wrong with some women.If there is Karma,and she believes in all that, then she will definitely get hers.You don’t treat people like that, especially the ones who you love or loved.But like I said, hopefully soon, she’ll fall flat on her face.

She will get hers sometime. Pride goes before a fall..What you sow you shall reap. Proverbs

Edited by slusher

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, NYLIBUD said:

She may have , and it sounds like she sure did, break his heart. But if he's a decent guy he will hopefully find someone in the future that is worthy of his attention and devotion. She will someday meet someone just like herself and the guy will rip her heart out just like she did here. Payback is a mother, unfortunately you aren't always around to see it. I have and I admit it was very satisfying when they came around looking for a shoulder to cry on.    

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:53 PM, High octane said:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and yes you should stay off ladders. I've very comfortable on ladders as I had been doing construction work for years. And yes I've fallen a couple of times, but not enough to keep me off them. Of course I'm getting older and ladders may be a thing of the past for me just like lawn mowers and snow throwers. We'll see?

Thank you. I have to get into a very bad position to clear gutters at one end of the house. I usually use my 12 ft. latter and wooden blocks because of the uneven ground. . At least that way I have four contact points rather than the two very small feet on the extension latter. The latter I used also had no hooks to rest against the gutters and as soon as the earth shifted it just slid out and I was left at least 6 ft. in the air. I'm really getting to old for this sort of thing, I'll be 75 in June. I'm saving up for gutter covers. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

Thank you. I have to get into a very bad position to clear gutters at one end of the house. I usually use my 12 ft. latter and wooden blocks because of the uneven ground. . At least that way I have four contact points rather than the two very small feet on the extension latter. The latter I used also had no hooks to rest against the gutters and as soon as the earth shifted it just slid out and I was left at least 6 ft. in the air. I'm really getting to old for this sort of thing, I'll be 75 in June. I'm saving up for gutter covers. 

That's sounds like a safe and good investment. My wife keeps telling me we should get those also. Hmmm???

Dad had an car accident and ended up in the hospital.  My complaint is the Hospital Nurses where under staffed and he had to wait forever when he pushed the button. I get it , they were working not just hiding. Well that happened on the 23rd of April and on a letter dated the  8th  From a Collections company I get a letter last week sometime. Yes It took awhile to fire me up about this. Not even a month and already getting a letter from collections. Yes he has Insurance but it was a Car accident. Good Grief. I wish I was a Lawyer with time on my hands. 

I have thought about paying for a Bill Board by the Hospital to post the time line of the Nonprofit Hospital, but all the New 15 story buildings they are putting up would block the view. 

We've been dealing with some furry little squatters last few months and haven't had much luck getting rid of them and went to see if the battery I had for my Vaterra Ascender scale rig would still take a charge. Grabbed the truck from the room it was in and found that the little buggers had chewed up the wire leads for the steering servo and the battery leads on the battery and speed control....oddly leaving the ones for then motor alone:blink:

Here's the damage:angry:

20190527_223012_zps9vtn4bek.jpg

20190527_223043_zpsb7usxitt.jpg

20190527_223123-1_zpsxeuf65gn.jpg

I'm just going to use electrical tape as a fix for now and can use the speed control that came with the Ford GT bodies car I bought a couple years ago now that I've gone brushless in that and can heat shrink the battery leads since I would have to change the battery plug and will eventually heat shrink the servo wire. 

Does anybody know if there is something that can keep this from happening in the future until we can get rid of the little buggers?  I beginning to think I need to bring home a cat or terrier of some sort<_<

If anybody us curious, this is the the truck in question...

20150804_234434_zpsgaj0cslz.jpg

11 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

We've been dealing with some furry little squatters last few months and haven't had much luck getting rid of them.

If you mean squirrels, I had them myself a few years back. In researching how to "get rid" them, I discovered that there is no throwing them out or running them off--once they've moved in, they are "home" and they will NEVER leave. There are only two alternatives: Kill them, OR trap them and release them AT LEAST ten miles away, so they can't find their way home. 

Good luck with your furry problem. 

I wonder if applying some bittering agent to the wires would discourage them from chewing on them?  Assuming that their tongues have bitter taste receptors . . .

Other than that - take your model indoors (or build a mini-garage for it).