Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

57 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Sounds like you ripped someone off.

Sounds like you might not have actually READ what I posted.

And don't EVER call me anything even bordering on dishonest.

To recap: 

1) THERE ARE TWO SEPARATE ISSUES.

2) The FIRST issue had to do with a moron seller NOT PUTTING BOTH ITEMS IN THE PACKAGE, but putting them both under the same tracking number, and charging me for both. I was reimbursed by eBay for the missing item THAT NEVER ARRIVED, finally, after having to get somebody involved who could actually READ AND UNDERSTAND.

3) The SECOND issue involved a DIFFERENT package, from a DIFFERENT seller, AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT AND UNRELATED ITEM, NOT DELIVERED HERE but shown on the USPS tracking site as delivered. I did NOT contact eBay about it, but chased it down with the help of personnel at the PO, after which it WAS delivered HERE.

No ripoffs, mister.

EDIT: No ripoffs OTHER than the time stolen out of MY LIFE to have to deal with this idiocy.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Well.

We've had snow almost every day for the past week. And it was -24 degrees over night. Today's high not much better than -10 degrees.

It's the end of March. 

Whoever is in charge of the weather can suck it.

Seriously, I have a dozen kits I need to start painting, plus a garage floor I need to clean, repair, and coat with that epoxy stuff.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:44 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Either porch-pirates or incompetent USPS driver. 

Tracking number shows a small package of parts was "left at the front door" at 4:52 PM. 

Odd, as it was a small package that is a size they usually leave in the mailbox.

I arrived home at 5:08 PM. Nothing on the porch or in the box. Nada. Zip. Zero.

Going to the PO in the AM to try to find out WTF happened.

Yeah, it WAS scanned in as "delivered", but that doesn't mean for certain the driver actually put it at the right address. I get other people's stuff occasionally.

Numbers are hard.

I had this happen to me few months ago. I even went looking for it at my adjacent neighbor homes - nada. The package was delivered the next day as if nothing has happened.  I wasn't home to ask the mail carrier what happened. Weird!  Like you said, the mail carrier had to scan the barcode on the package to show it as delivered.

We had snow and freezing rain in my neck of the woods yesterday.  Of course Easter Sunday is a big travel day.  A lot of accidents. 

The weather forecast for today was supposed to be about 50 degrees.  We are going to be short of that by a wide margin.  This has been a very cold spring so far.

13 hours ago, peteski said:

I had this happen to me few months ago. I even went looking for it at my adjacent neighbor homes - nada. The package was delivered the next day as if nothing has happened.  I wasn't home to ask the mail carrier what happened. Weird!  Like you said, the mail carrier had to scan the barcode on the package to show it as delivered.

We have an email chain within our town and someone started a thread about bad Amazon deliveries.  They use their own contractors to deliver and they are worse than UPS, USPS and FedEx combined.  The stories about packages being tossed from moving vehicles etc, and I see them at the curb, off the curb etc all the time. Our houses sit way back on the properties so those packages are just perfect theft bait.  I got home one evening last week and there's a wet Amazon Prime package sitting in the bushes near my curbside mail box in the rain.  Then I found out that my daughter had sent us the package.  We let her know it arrived damage. She checks the shipping info and it says "Delivered - Handed package to resident". Now Amazon is arguing with my daughter that their vendor hand delivered it.. yeesh!

7 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

... Now Amazon is arguing with my daughter that their vendor hand delivered it.. yeesh!

Yeah, I've kinda had it with Amazon. I'll only buy from them if there's just no alternative. No PayPal, and apparently Bezos actually believed that drone-delivery could be a real thing. Okayyyyyyyy.

2 hours ago, HomerS said:

It's bad enough when radio stations speed up the music to jam in more commercials, but when country singer Eric Church sounds like one of the Chipmunks, they need to back it down a bit

Yep, and they're doing it on TV also with MORE commercials and less showtime. Think I'll be watching all my old DVDs  and VHS tapes soon.

9 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

We have an email chain within our town and someone started a thread about bad Amazon deliveries.  They use their own contractors to deliver and they are worse than UPS, USPS and FedEx combined.  The stories about packages being tossed from moving vehicles etc, and I see them at the curb, off the curb etc all the time. Our houses sit way back on the properties so those packages are just perfect theft bait.  I got home one evening last week and there's a wet Amazon Prime package sitting in the bushes near my curbside mail box in the rain.  Then I found out that my daughter had sent us the package.  We let her know it arrived damage. She checks the shipping info and it says "Delivered - Handed package to resident". Now Amazon is arguing with my daughter that their vendor hand delivered it.. yeesh!

I've heard some of those horror stories too. But in my case, it was an eBay item (and USPS Priority Mail delivery). I should have been clearer.

3 hours ago, High octane said:

Yep, and they're doing it on TV also with MORE commercials and less showtime. Think I'll be watching all my old DVDs  and VHS tapes soon.

Yeah, that is amazing!  They also often cut out scenes out of the programs to shorten them (and make more time available for commercials). We sure live in strange times.

10 minutes ago, peteski said:

Yeah, that is amazing!  They also often cut out scenes out of the programs to shorten them (and make more time available for commercials). We sure live in strange times.

I notice it more during mid days on TBS when they air reruns of Family Guy and American Dad, its very clear the opening credits have been sped up, its kind of funny how it sounds.   Editing out scenes like you mention is one of the more popular ways to  shave off some time from the show.

Other things done to save time is roll the end credits really fast , sometimes during the next shows cold opening,  or during a network advert bumper.

15 hours ago, High octane said:

I try to not watch live TV. I schedule the shows I want and watch them to my schedule and fast forward through the commercials.

About the only live tv I watch is motorsports and NFL football...I stream pretty much everything else.   Some streaming content has ads, some doesn't, and some services w/ ads won't let you fast forward through them. 

Edited by Rob Hall

Arrrgh, waking up and seeing snow on the ground this morning. Not much and probably less than an inch, but after a steady rain yesterday I was expecting to see the grass a little greener today, especially when I sprinkled some grass seed while it was raining to patch up some spots. Oh well, such is life.

A bit of a rant, and I apologize to our northern neighbors if they get offended. I drove from Jacksonville FL to Charlotte NC today after spending a few days working in Florida and I could not believe the number of Canadians who were driving their RV's home, possibly from a long winter in Florida, and used the middle and left lanes of I-95 to run UNDER the posted speed limit. I figured if my car has a speedometer that reads in both MPH and KPH, and I can determine how fast I am going, why can't the Canucks?

30 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

A bit of a rant, and I apologize to our northern neighbors if they get offended. I drove from Jacksonville FL to Charlotte NC today after spending a few days working in Florida and I could not believe the number of Canadians who were driving their RV's home, possibly from a long winter in Florida, and used the middle and left lanes of I-95 to run UNDER the posted speed limit. I figured if my car has a speedometer that reads in both MPH and KPH, and I can determine how fast I am going, why can't the Canucks?

Middle lane is okay to "keep on truckin" that way other people use the right lane to get on and off. Never the left lane for RV's though.

7 hours ago, 426 pack said:

I wrecked the welds on my race lawnmower differential well testing it. This is the 4th time I have wreck the welds and it is really starting to make me frustrated!

A welder once told me that the two surfaces being welded together had to be CLEAN clean........ of not only rust, but of oils and grease and stuff.....

Have any pics? Someone here can help...........