Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

6 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Saw this 76 Montego,the other day.Yea it’s got too many doors.🤷‍♂️.Needs paint,but it’s still pretty cool.Just imagine when cars like this and bigger,were cruising all over the place in the 70s.

DB1917A6-5344-4C79-B675-27B53576FCC0.jpeg

That's a 72 Montego.  The only year of that generation that didn't have a giant front bumper.

Charles Bronson drove a blue one in "The Mechanic."

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, Suburban_Hooligan said:

ok, maybe not on the road.  but this buzzed my house on its way to land at the Long Beach Airport maybe a hour ago.  im no plane expert but i think its a C-47 (?) but i could easily be wrong. 

i should have run in the house and grabbed my camera instead of just using my phone.

IMG_20230318_141322625.jpg

IMG_20230318_141325010.jpg

Yup, a C-47 alright.  I logged some miles in one when pulling courier duty in the "60s.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2023 at 8:16 AM, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

crunch.jpg.c9791e126fa153e255b5cd76eeca06a7.jpg

I had to wait an hour and a half to take this picture. The backup was so bad I missed the funeral I was going to, but not the after-party.... -RRR

Just another day in Florida.

Yesterday morning, southbound on the Golden Gate Bridge.  Maybe not this particular one but...this one.  With the eye searing color and the cartoon logos.

q7xUZry.jpg

My wife said "what the heck is that" causing me to launch into some of the idiosyncrasies of Citroen 2CV's.  "Yes, dear, about 1/10th the size of my Mustang's engine and yes it likely was maxed out at 65mph, downhill."

Edited by The Junkman
  • Haha 2

On 4/3/2023 at 10:01 PM, The Junkman said:

Yesterday morning, southbound on the Golden Gate Bridge.  Maybe not this particular one but...this one.  With the eye searing color and the cartoon logos.

q7xUZry.jpg

My wife said "what the heck is that" causing me to launch into some of the idiosyncrasies of Citroen 2CV's.  "Yes, dear, about 1/10th the size of my Mustang's engine and yes it likely was maxed out at 65mph, downhill."

ah the car thats chassis was so thin walled they tended provide more suspension than the struts did

Saw this in St.Leon Indiana, on my way to Lawreceburg for a sprint car race Saturday night. 51 or 52 Dodge Business Coupe Convertible. Restored, but not overdone. Original paint color, flathead 6 with dual Stromberg's. Factory no back seat. Neat car.

IMG_8830.jpg

• Like 3

I saw a red lamborghini convertible today. Not sure what model it was but it had a italian flag stripe along the door bottoms and black wheels. But I dont have my camera with me but i'm sure you all know what a lamborghini looks like. I also saw something much more interesting to me, and I'm sure its something that many people dont even know exists. I found a pic of this one on the net but the one i saw was green. Its a reliant kitten pick up and while many sites say its a custom build its not, just standard production pick up that was not very popular.

0c47a312c7b643f43b82d4541de3d919.png