Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 2/27/2024 at 5:46 PM, peteski said:

Are those past the testing stage and being used over the road?

It's arguable whether this is use or testing, but Pepsi is using 21 of them here and they seem to be working out for them. Of course, this isn't Moosepucker Saskatchewan.

https://www.ccjdigital.com/alternative-power/article/15635242/pepsico-on-tesla-semis-realworld-hauling-performance

Saw a Tesla pickup (going in the opposite direction of course) on US 101 near Cloverdale, CA.  Second one, or maybe the same one twice, I've seen on the same stretch of highway.  Based on the recent reports in the media I looked for evidence of rust on the body.  Sure enough the whole lower side below the character line was definitely brown.  Showed quite a contrast to the upper body.

On 2/25/2024 at 4:43 PM, Earl Marischal said:

Friend of mine has just bought this.

steve

4D2EFCEE-1904-4478-9E4A-9D33B565464D.jpeg

Super colour. A guy down the road who races an MGA has various racing people staying over from time to time. One has the factory blue of the Alpine, very similar to the original plastic bodied rally version. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:27 PM, peteski said:

While I see the irony, there currently aren't any viable fully electric tractors for this type of hauling.  Baby steps . . .    :D

Two companies here in the UK recently gone down in the EV business, one tried building trucks/vans, due to little or no customers. The country wide charging infrastructure is no good. A recent survey announced that in an area of London where the parliament is has more street chargers than the rest of the country combined and government want us to buy EV's without sufficient chargers to keep them running. We are two and a half hours from the coast, my small diesel does up to 60 mpg, in an EV I would have to stop at least twice to re-charge and take twice as long to get there! All Energy costs have risen so electricity can be dearer than petrol/diesel in some area's.

4 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Saw this little gem the other day.

IMG_20240301_165213900_HDR.jpg

I think the Spyder trim, which this seems to be, may have included the optional V-8 engine. Most states got the 262 cu in V-8 and California got a 350 cu in with a 2 bbl carb thanks to the Cal Smog requirements. Not usually seen in this good of condition. 

It's a not a real AAR, so no one get their panties twisted over tinted glass and modern wheels.

image.jpeg

Digging this one. Airbags, modern steel wheels, cool patina. Interior is a work in progress.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Local municipality has upped their spec for enforcement vehicles. So much for the more basic SSV or police responder model.

image.jpeg