Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

1 hour ago, Draggon said:

Or maybe he belongs to one of the Suzuki Swift owners clubs and they tell him how special it is?

There’s a seat for every butt! Back when I was selling car brochures on eBay I learned that every car had it’s fans.  Brochures I thought would never sell broke out bidding wars!

OK, I'll say it.  The C8 is likely a fine machine, and given enough money (and a low enough price) I'd love one but....however the design is derivative and I've seen it before on other cars going back 20 years.  Also that color-OMG THAT COLOR!  I didn't think anything could repulse me that way but there it is.  I guess the owner wants to be seen.  If that's the case then "Mission Accomplished"

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

OK, I'll say it.  The C8 is likely a fine machine, and given enough money (and a low enough price) I'd love one but....however the design is derivative and I've seen it before on other cars going back 20 years.  Also that color-OMG THAT COLOR!  I didn't think anything could repulse me that way but there it is.  I guess the owner wants to be seen.  If that's the case then "Mission Accomplished"

It sort of reminded me of some of the colors Porsche used in the mid 70s.  My Dad called them "baby BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH colors."

Earlier in the day I saw another one that was difficult to recognize at first.  It was sort of a lime yellow color and the leading edges of the side scoops were body color.

Edited by sfhess

While I can agree to a point with others on the Corvette color, I wouldn't be as harsh with the owners color choice. The color was the owners decision to make as well as their money to spend. The Comet Cyclone looks great to me and most of the chassis and drive train is shared with the Cougar anyway. The Studebaker  really looks interesting to me. This looks to be much more than a nice restoration. I noticed the tucked bumpers and the wheels and the sound of the engine as mentioned makes me think there is a lot more to this car than what you see in the picture. There was a time when that car could be ordered new with a Paxton supercharged 289 V-8 and a four speed. This looks like it more have moved beyond that at this point. 

On 5/8/2021 at 12:40 AM, Pete J. said:

Apparently Ohio has a radically different idea of what a "Historic Vehicle" is!  Maybe they are "rare" there?

image.png.3e77e7cf8f78e140f1e5e4b138b48f35.png

Lol.. probably stole some plates off the wrong car. Cops will get ‘em soon enough.

Sorry no pictures. Didn't think it would be a good idea at 70 mph plus on a four lane divided highway. The first was one of Chevrolet's new small CUV's. The body had a bright blue finish like you would see on a mid-fifties car. The other was chasing me on the highway and I couldn't tell from the day time running lights what it was. Turned out to be a new Broncho Sport. I'm not a big Ford fan but I think they'll be able to sell all of these that they can build. Sits a little lower than a Wangler and somewhat smaller. 

On a conference call and I hear a siren coming down the street stop close to the house.  Look outside and see a fairly new Dodge Ram pulled over in front of the neighbor w/ police car behind him.  Didn't give it much thought until the teenager says there are two other police vehicles as they had the dog sniffing the bed of the truck.  Must have come up clean as everyone departed about 20 minutes later.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:40 AM, Pete J. said:

Apparently Ohio has a radically different idea of what a "Historic Vehicle" is!  Maybe they are "rare" there?

image.png.3e77e7cf8f78e140f1e5e4b138b48f35.png

Well, I believe that technically a historical vehicle is any vehicle over 25 years old. There are some restrictions on usage, like limited miles or seasonal usage, but I'm not sure what they are. That being said, not so sure I would go through the process for this one, lol.

At a gas station this morning saw these two Vipers...then saw two more on the street as I was leaving..both black, one an ACR with a monster rear wing. 

Later at the car wash saw a dark red F150 with the license plate ‘IMDEAD’. 

IMG-5169.jpg

IMG-5170.jpg

Driving out of River Trails Nature Center in Northbrook today, I passed a blue Renault Alpine A310 that was driving in - didn't have time to get a photo but I did give the driver a big thumbs-up! First time I've seen one since this one at the Lane Motor Museum 15 years ago:

P1030075.JPG.5c8420bae65965ac15bc9c6ebf3aeb5a.JPG