Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Took a Honda on trade yesterday. 🤪

20220915_073724.jpg

20220915_073730.jpg

20220915_073735.jpg

20220915_073744.jpg

That was brave. I would think as a dealer you would take all of this in consideration for trade-in value. As an aside, I had no idea Honda was having any problems in this area. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

That was brave. I would think as a dealer you would take all of this in consideration for trade-in value. As an aside, I had no idea Honda was having any problems in this area. 

Oh, we picked the car up for a good price. It's strange though, because Honda are typically known for their quality. But, he provided work orders from day 1, so he was having legit issues. All taken into account when we took it on trade.

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Oh, we picked the car up for a good price. It's strange though, because Honda are typically known for their quality. But, he provided work orders from day 1, so he was having legit issues. All taken into account when we took it on trade.

My wife has one of these. I think the V stands for vampire, as they suck the life out of you as you drive them. Boring, boring, boring. My wife's is a 2021 and it went back to the dealer three times in the first 4 months because a bolt kept loosening up somewhere on the right front suspension. Apparently it's a common issue on that model year, at least that's what the service guy told her after the third time.  

18 hours ago, keyser said:

Prob de badge it. Auction time. Lemon claim a thing in CN?🤣

No lemon laws here in Canada, but there are things one can do. Canada does have the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan which can be used to settle disputes. That only works on vehicles bought from dealers though. And they need to be less than 4 years old and under 160,000km. People generally don't know about this though. Private sales though or if you purchase from a fleet management company, there's not much you can do.

17 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

My wife has one of these. I think the V stands for vampire, as they suck the life out of you as you drive them. Boring, boring, boring. My wife's is a 2021 and it went back to the dealer three times in the first 4 months because a bolt kept loosening up somewhere on the right front suspension. Apparently it's a common issue on that model year, at least that's what the service guy told her after the third time.  

Totally agree. Honda makes a good car, but they are incredibly dull. Even the original NSX! Great looking car, handled like a dream, all the performance you could want, but no personality. Feels like driving a fast Accord.

Wholesaled it out to a Honda dealer. Whatever problems may exist, they're not going to be ours! 

• Haha 1

I like so many others that have always thought of Honda as a quality well-built vehicle. Things have changed and evidentially Honda's business model has as well. My brother-in-law just retired from one of the bigger local Honda dealers service department.  He has been one of the top techs there for over twenty years and in other dealerships before that. People even still seek him out to work on their cars at his home. I remember a couple of years ago at Thanksgiving Day dinner at his home and we were talking about the quality issues he was seeing in many of the Hondas OEM parts. Shame for a company built on quality and service to their customers then just through it all way to make a few extra dollars. 

My '16 Honda Civic has a couple of issue, the 3rd brake light is the worst design, and the electronics has a loose connector somewhere, when I take a rough turn it starts beeping, sometimes have to stop, and restart like a Windows computer.

Club cruise night, I'll post more pictures later.

IMG_4588.jpg

9 minutes ago, Suburban_Hooligan said:

so that's what that is!  i saw one of those last week.  had no idea.  didn't recognize the logo and the name was nowhere on it.

I had the same reaction! Had to google it once I got home & even that took some digging to hit the right keywords! 

Had some time to kill this morning so I rode out a few neighborhoods looking for vintage tin. You don't see many Sharknose Grahams out there, much less one covered in mildew. The '36 Ford pickup looked to be a daily driver. The Squarecab Ford and 60s International were in a rent-it warehouse area. The Galaxie tail lights are a nice touch on the Ford.

20220920_072512.jpg

20220920_072516.jpg

20220920_072849_HDR.jpg

20220920_072857_HDR.jpg

• Like 1