Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Well this actually happened just before we headed to Dana Farber in Boston for 40 days. But after years of looking through my stash a part someone was looking for and spending a lot of time in doing that. And not having the right part because I didn't know what a 409 chevy big block head looked like. I packed all my extra parts up in baggies. Put them on a deal/no deal forum. And sold everything. And when I build a kit. I'll sell the extra stuff off on one of those forums. It was a great weight lifted off my shoulders I will tell you getting rid of all that stuff. Only thing I kept was white walls and hud caps.  Now maybe I'll get around to building more rather than looking for a part for someone. Once we get back home from Dana Farber that is LOL. 

We are currently in Boston and in Dana Farber. We are in a kitchen suite at the Hilton. We get a discounted rate through the hospital. Today is CAR TCell day. Then all we can do is hope and pray. We have stayed in a kitchen suite here before but that time there really wasn't much in the line of kitchen items. So before we came this time I went and bought a set of dishes. Glasses. Silverware. And pots and pans. Not anything expensive. We got here and this kitchen had everything I brought with us.

In the morning they have a wonderful husband and wife who put the food out. Immigrants from somewhere. Nice nice people. They are always greating you with "Welcome to breakfast". The husband noticed my wife wasn't with me today and asked how she was doing. It was difficult to speak as it been hard keeping everything bottled up inside so I was strong for my wife. And I went back to our room. Then I got thinking how nice that couple has been and approached him asking if he knew of a family that could use the items I bought. He knew of many as he is also a social worker. So I went down to the car and brought everything up to them. I told him I knew he was a good man and would put these where they would be needed most. They were so grateful. I'm happy today. I believe good things are going to happen. That pleased me today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Was another nice morning to walk around the neighborhood . No morning heat ,,,,,yet !

It's really beautiful there, Ray.

I feel Az. is my home now, even though I'm stuck in the swampeast for at least a couple more months.

I sure do enjoy seeing the pix you post, even though where I am up north doesn't look much like where you are.  :D

• Like 1

Took a load of stuff over to my other place on the coast early this morning. After the offload, I stopped at the Waffle House for breakfast. While waiting for groceries, I checked my email- I have a buyer for the rest of my C1 & C2 Corvette parts. That was a major hassle solved as I'm not moving 4 speeds, fiberglass parts, etc. The manager at the Waffle House comp'ed my meal because "you're in here all the time". 

Just one of those rare days where everything goes smoothly!

• Like 1

My wife and I took a new Mazda MX 5 (4th gen ND) out for a test drive today just for the heck of it. It started raining the minute we left the lot, so we had to put the retractable roof back up.🤨 We both liked how it handled and drove although we couldn’t push it much. However nothing about it impressed us more than my 2013 NC. The trunk is quite a bit smaller, no glovebox at all, the door armrests are too tiny to even use, and the cup holder placement is awkward at best. So I had a big grin on my face driving home in my own car.

Got another free Ford 8 inch rear end, saved it just as it was going into the scrap dumpster.

I will just never understand the "if it's not a nine inch, it's scrapola" mindset.

These things are great for very light cars with up to around 350HP, with no idiot clutch dumping at 5 grand on slicks.

Yeah, I'm looking at well over 400HP eventually, and slicks on an 1800 pound '32, and I'd like to be able to launch really hard, but the idea is to get the thing cruiseable as soon as possible, and with a little gentleness on the driveline, it'll be just fine.  B)

EDIT: The car is slated to get a QC in time, for the 'look' and the noise, and I sure as h. won't be dumping the clutch with 5 grand's worth of rear end back there anyway.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

the idea is to get the thing cruiseable as soon as possible,

Freiburger from Hot Rod has the phrase 'Don't get it right, just get it running'...... Kind of the same mindset! and You can always update later as is your plan.......

• Like 2

Weather is looking good for our Canada Day long weekend, and there's a big car show in my town. Typically brings in 300-400 vehicles.

Cool!

Oh, and ordered another kit yesterday morning. I love vendors that are on the ball. It's already shipped, should be here Tuesday. I love fast shipping, especially when it's over a long weekend.

• Like 1

I can relate. We have squirrels in our backyard every day and the dogs go ape. There's one that comes to our sliding door wanting me to come out and toss some seeds and nuts to them. That REALLY gets the dogs going.

Saw a deer in my new backyard this morning, then later saw 4 of them (2 does and 2 fawns back by the woods.   I've seen lots of rabbits, chipmunks, and squirrels in the yard.   The squirrels and chipmunks come up on the patio right to the sliding doors..and the dogs go wild.

The gates are not good on my fence, the deer can push them open.   Got a fence contractor lined up to do repairs on the fence and gates, but he's not available until August 31st...have to walk the dogs on leashes until then...

IMG-0113.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 1

Yeah, these suburban deer...both of the suburbs I've lived in here (Cleveland, Oh area) have been full of deer.    I went from a quarter acre lot to almost 2 acres backing up to a park, so lots of woods for them...fine with me, I enjoy watching them. 

Well,I’m pretty happy about what I found at a local yard sale the other day.I came across a bunch of very cool Al Pacino paintings and pictures..And being such a huge Al Pacino fan,I had to buy these pictures..I also bought these other pictures,and a Scarface figure,along with some Kill Bill stuff.

IMG_5501.jpeg

IMG_5500.jpeg

IMG_5499.jpeg

IMG_5498.jpeg

IMG_5487.jpeg

IMG_5351.jpeg

IMG_5308.jpeg

IMG_5362.jpeg

IMG_5360.jpeg

IMG_5358.jpeg

IMG_5353.jpeg

IMG_5307.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Yeah, these suburban deer...both of the suburbs I've lived in here (Cleveland, Oh area) have been full of deer.    I went from a quarter acre lot to almost 2 acres backing up to a park, so lots of woods for them...fine with me, I enjoy watching them. 

I like all the animals here but the ground hogs.  We have deer and rabbits and foxes…

I gave a bath to two very dusty model trucks that I got last week on the cheap from E Bay that are rebuilders and to my surprise both were well done. One's a 40 Ford panel truck and the other is a 72 GMC stepside both by AMT. While both are drying, I'll look through my parts stash for a few odds and ends for the 40 and wheels, tires and axles for the 72.

Edited by John M.

My brother has been visiting my father and I for the past three weeks..He lives in Florida with his wife..Like many siblings who don’t get along,he and I are mortal enemies,for lack of a better word.It sucks,but he’s impossible to get along with..Well today,he finally went home…Bon Voyage buddy.🤬😡😤🛫🧨

12 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

My brother has been visiting my father and I for the past three weeks..He lives in Florida with his wife..Like many siblings who don’t get along,he and I are mortal enemies,for lack of a better word.It sucks,but he’s impossible to get along with..Well today,he finally went home…Bon Voyage buddy.🤬😡😤🛫🧨

My late older brother became my enemy... after our mother died in 2016 it got messy, had to take him to court for probate of her estate and had a restraining order against him for a while...he was an angry, violent hermit in his later years, wouldn't take his anti-schitzophrenic medication.  I try and remember the times we did get along 30+ years ago and the fun we had at car shows and fooling around w/ his vintage cars, listening to classic rock music.   Ironically, 'Buddy' was his nickname forever...   Our older sister, on the other hand, is probably my best friend.  We get along great and understand each other's hobbies and interests and careers..

Yea i do get along with my older sister,for the most part..However she too can really push my buttons sometimes.But we are both working to help my father,who is starting to suffer from Dementia.We really try to get along and just concentrate on caring for my father.But as far as my brother,blaaaa🤮😡.No comment.