Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

13 hours ago, cobraman said:

I too just yesterday that I will be a grandfather. My daughter is having her first child. It is a boy. I hope he will like Cobra's.:D

Congrats Ray. I've a feeling it's going to be a girl for my son and fiance.

I Finally had the chance to see a buddy of mines stash of Diecast,resin,models,built/sealed.Drag figures.Drag bikes,and cars,RC,Muscle cars, oldies(pre war).Wow what a collection.Blew me away.I thought I had a lot, nothing compared to his collection..And he’s got a very cool drag racing(headers),and a drag racing Xmas tree mailbox.

Met up after work with a friend and former co-worker for some much needed R/C action, bashing a variety of vehicles on and off road, for the second friday in a row....this time with a couple now former co-workers from the dealership he just left to start teaching at the local UTI branch.  Let me tell you, after this week, I needed this!

Met up with that same friend again and went crawling again this time, had this old warhorse out and worked it hard for the first time in about 5 years too. It's the AX10 that I converted to a SCX10 almost a decade ago now and the only thing I had to do was charge the battery and reprogram the speed control (lost reverse for some weird reason?!) To get it out there. It's been a great little rig and was good to get it out and beat on it again:)

20190531_183657_zpsowtzc669.jpg

Had my little Traxxas Telluride indie suspension trail rig out too, did well for how little ground clearance it has compaired to my SCX10, but gearing, motor, good all around choice in rolling stock, and a smooth belly can go a long way in making up other deficiencies.

20190531_201307_zps98cyud7o_1.jpg

And as you can see, I'm not afraid to hang a tire out there eitherB)

Here's my friend's AX10 Ridgecrest, 100% box stock and a perfect example of how a good choice of rolling stock can make a huge difference on the rocks. Both the SCX10 and Telluride would out climb it and have better grip in general, even though it has a smaller body, wider axles, and taller tires!

20190531_185652_zpsx1tsv49d.jpg

What pleased me?  I got a lot done around the yard and house this weekend.  Yesterday I pulled a friend out of storage...

My 2000 Jaguar S Type.  Looked pretty good after a quick cleaning.

image.png.7190006f7dde0ae0f936991897d95a6f.pngimage.png.65a5c18521414a7c3b4e3e5b65941ed2.png

image.png.246ded5af697774596467fd94a58abb1.png

the corner where my wife "tapped" it.  Needs a left fender and bumper. Everything else is okay.

image.png.3891916d07ceb27b814691c4cb8efcdb.png

And the best part!   

Funny thing... I pulled it out with the thought of cleaning it up to sell since it hasn't been out in a few years.  Once I got into it... well, you know how that goes!

6 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

What pleased me?  I got a lot done around the yard and house this weekend.  Yesterday I pulled a friend out of storage...

My 2000 Jaguar S Type.  Looked pretty good after a quick cleaning.

image.png.7190006f7dde0ae0f936991897d95a6f.pngimage.png.65a5c18521414a7c3b4e3e5b65941ed2.png

image.png.246ded5af697774596467fd94a58abb1.png

the corner where my wife "tapped" it.  Needs a left fender and bumper. Everything else is okay.

image.png.3891916d07ceb27b814691c4cb8efcdb.png

And the best part!   

Funny thing... I pulled it out with the thought of cleaning it up to sell since it hasn't been out in a few years.  Once I got into it... well, you know how that goes!

Sweet ride Tom!

What pleased me is I attended a cruise night tonight that was "packed to the hilt" with many really cool rides. Not sure if every car that came in had a space to park as there were well over 200 cars. And yesterday I had attended a car show that was "filled up" around 10:30 a.m. and they had to turn cars away. I was a rockin' good time. Glad my friend was able to attend with his son's ride as he is moving to Florida tomorrow, and the car will be shipped to Florida also as his son is currently in the Coast Guard and is now stationed in Hawaii.

22 hours ago, High octane said:

What pleased me is I attended a cruise night tonight that was "packed to the hilt" with many really cool rides. Not sure if every car that came in had a space to park as there were well over 200 cars. And yesterday I had attended a car show that was "filled up" around 10:30 a.m. and they had to turn cars away. I was a rockin' good time. Glad my friend was able to attend with his son's ride as he is moving to Florida tomorrow, and the car will be shipped to Florida also as his son is currently in the Coast Guard and is now stationed in Hawaii.

That’s amazing,you took the words right out of my mouth.We finally got some nice weather ,so we had our Tuesday car show/cruise night, and it was packed.And I also attended another show yesterday and actually won a trophy for my 2000 lifted Jeep Cherokee.

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

That’s amazing,you took the words right out of my mouth.We finally got some nice weather ,so we had our Tuesday car show/cruise night, and it was packed.And I also attended another show yesterday and actually won a trophy for my 2000 lifted Jeep Cherokee.

I had another cruise night to go to tonight, however my grandson came home from a long weekend in Texas so I wanted to see him and of course I had to make some burger for the family for dinner. Got another cruise tomorrow but I believe rain is comin' our way.

Welp, we finally finished hooking up a oil pressure system and gauge pod on my 09 Crown Vic police interceptor.Not as easy as you might think.My buddy and I had to customize the whole system with of course copper tubing and special wiring,crimps,etc.This car was not made to have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge installed.What a Royal pain in the butt.Theres no room to get the line directly into the motor.So Again,we had to customize a fitting ,and connections near the firewall to the gauge..We also hooked up a volt meter a while back.That was a 1 2 3 job.

Got the roof over the back part of the house/shop pretty well sealed on Thursday afternoon prior to the soaking rains we're having now and forecast through next week. 

When I moved here, the plan was to correct the too-flat slope of the rear add-on shed-style roof that was done by earlier "experts" during a previous renovation. 

The same "experts" poured the concrete floor below grade, and then had to build a French drain adjacent to the back wall so water wouldn't run in under it. Naturally, the French drain wasn't built correctly either, isn't deep enough, has no outlet or dry-well, so in a downpour, it fills up and water comes in under and through the wall anyway.

All of this horse hockey, and MANY more issues with prior "renovations", contributed to my finally deciding to quit the idea of rebuilding this hot mess and just move out West where the weather suits what I do better anyway.

But I'll still need a reasonably functional shop that doesn't leak excessively during the early phase of the moving process, while getting the machine tools and vehicles ready for transport.

So I'm a little closer.  B)