Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

18 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

I did indeed!  What’s your Instagram ID?  

GreenJeep1998, I just posted up a bunch of pics of an '88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z I also have posted on here and some of the Hot Wheels Diaper Dragger I plan on taking apart and refinishing.

1 minute ago, Joe Handley said:

GreenJeep1998, I just posted up a bunch of pics of an '88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z I also have posted on here and some of the Hot Wheels Diaper Dragger I plan on taking apart and refinishing.

I see ya, Joe!  Shelby's looking COOL!

I was going  to go to a BBQ today and as I was leaving to get in the car. I realized I forgot to pick up the directions that were on the kitchen counter. So I put my cell phone on the trunk of the car and went back in the house to get them. Well I forgot all about the phone and took off. On the way home I realized I didn’t have it. I thought I placed it in the house where the BBQ was. So I tried calling to see if it was there or along my road somewhere. A woman answered and she asked who I was. I told her I owned the phone and left it on the trunk of the car. She’s asked about where I thought it might be. I told here and she told me she found it in the same area. Just around the corner from my house. Nice lady. She told me where she live and I met her to get it back. I said to her “can I give you something for finding it and giving it back to me?”  She said no. So we chatted a minute and she said she’s always looking for bottles along the road and saw it on the side of the road. She thought “people don’t usually throw phones out” so she picked it up. She said she couldn’t figure out how to use it as she has a flip phone. But pressed the button on the side when it rang and answered because the caller I’d said “it’s me”. She looks for bottles along the roads because she is currently out of work. I gave here $20. She didn’t want it but I explained to her that if she didn’t find it and wasn’t such a nice person. That she saved me a ton of grief of having to get a new phone. Yes. There are some really nice people out there. A good day.

Edited by ewetwo

15 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I’m in Seattle again this week. I found myself a nice little bar and grill to have dinner each evening.  And all the sandwiches come with tater tots!  

If you get a chance check out Pikes Market. There is a little coffee shop across the street with a half wall in front. You can sit on a stool and enjoy your coffee and people watch. Great area to take a ferry boat ride. The main hub is behind the market and there is a walkway under the freeway to get to it.  

Shot a 94 on a golf course that I have only played once before ( about 3 years ago), weather was perfect, and played the round with 2 friends, great pace, and only lost one ball. My idea of a perfect afternoon.

Found out that they are building a White Castle in Scottsdale. Not that far from me. Now they are not the best burgers or even my favorite but being from Chicago I had them pretty often and I will be happy to get some fresh ones once in awhile. I get the frozen ones sometimes when I get a taste for them but they are not very good to be honest.  

7 hours ago, cobraman said:

Found out that they are building a White Castle in Scottsdale. Not that far from me. Now they are not the best burgers or even my favorite but being from Chicago I had them pretty often and I will be happy to get some fresh ones once in awhile. I get the frozen ones sometimes when I get a taste for them but they are not very good to be honest.  

I enjoy them better if I don't eat but 4. I wish we had one...

I know what you mean , Krystals are my weakness , not great but a taste from my school days and right now they have an all you can eat deal , but if I eat more than 4 or 5 ,  they're with me the rest of the day and night . :lol:

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

White Castle is an acquired taste!  Usually from having them since you were a kid. It will be interesting to see how they do in Scottsdale where nobody has the nostalgic memories.   Ever take a newbie to White Castle?  It's fun to watch their face!   

18 hours ago, cobraman said:

I also remember White Castle when very young and living in Arlington Heights. Do they still have the square Ice Cream Scoops ? The Burgers I remember were more like a snack.   

Looking forward to White Castle being in town, although they will have to be beyond sublime to outdo our long-established local Chicago-style slider emporium, the Windy City Hamburger Company.  It is unsurpassed!

We’re also blessed with Portillo’s, Giardano’s, and Lou Malnati’s.

No need to travel into the snow- and cold-belt.