Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

The sad fact about your picture is that was a time when us kids respected there was a car coming down the street and people driving cars respected the kids playing on the street. You don't see either of those things anymore.

Most of my interaction with eBay have been positive with just a few negative experiences such as the incident with the Trumpeter Falcon. And a dishwasher rack that was damaged and the seller tried to claim I did it on purpose. Whatever. Both times PayPal got a refund for me. So I got my Johan Studebaker convertible in the mail today. So excited to finally score one at a reasonable price. It was described as being new, unopened and in original wrap with a section of the wrap slightly cut on the left side. Well the left side cut clearly showed that the kit had been opened. The flap made it possible to open the end of the box and get all the parts out. I was a little worried that it would be a mess. Well some of the parts were loose but it was complete. Yay!  No! The steering wheel is broken. So I contacted the ebay seller and he immediately gave me a full refund and told me to keep the kit. Yay again.  So. Next question. Does anyone have a spare blue steering wheel?  Pretty please. LOL :rolleyes:

today.jpg

31 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Most of my interaction with eBay have been positive with just a few negative experiences such as the incident with the Trumpeter Falcon. And a dishwasher rack that was damaged and the seller tried to claim I did it on purpose. Whatever. Both times PayPal got a refund for me. So I got my Johan Studebaker convertible in the mail today. So excited to finally score one at a reasonable price. It was described as being new, unopened and in original wrap with a section of the wrap slightly cut on the left side. Well the left side cut clearly showed that the kit had been opened. The flap made it possible to open the end of the box and get all the parts out. I was a little worried that it would be a mess. Well some of the parts were loose but it was complete. Yay!  No! The steering wheel is broken. So I contacted the ebay seller and he immediately gave me a full refund and told me to keep the kit. Yay again.  So. Next question. Does anyone have a spare blue steering wheel?  Pretty please. LOL :rolleyes:

Wow!

I'm surprised he basically gave you the kit for the shipping cost!

I guess they are not particularly rare, but it is still a vintage kit.

I'm sure that a steering wheel will not be too difficult to find.

Steve

49 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Wow!

I'm surprised he basically gave you the kit for the shipping cost!

I guess they are not particularly rare, but it is still a vintage kit.

I'm sure that a steering wheel will not be too difficult to find.

Steve

Oh Steve. He refunded everything! Cost of the kit. Shipping and tax. I told him that wasn't fair to him. That all I wanted was a steering wheel if he had another one. He said in the ad he had a couple of these kits he was listing. So I thought if one didn't sell. He could just send me the steering wheel. He reply "I'm just going to  give you a full refund and have fun with the model". I was shocked as that was not my intent at all. 

31 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Oh Steve. He refunded everything! Cost of the kit. Shipping and tax. I told him that wasn't fair to him. That all I wanted was a steering wheel if he had another one. He said in the ad he had a couple of these kits he was listing. So I thought if one didn't sell. He could just send me the steering wheel. He reply "I'm just going to  give you a full refund and have fun with the model". I was shocked as that was not my intent at all. 

Can't complain about the price then, can you! :)

Steve

11 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Every once in awhile you run into a nice guy and you was blessed David....

That's a great eBay seller!

I had an eBay sale a couple of weeks ago. One item I sold was an old 1/24 scale resin body + a donor kit.  I wrapped the body in layers of tissue paper and tried to protect it as much as possible in packing.

When it was delivered, the buyer messaged me to ask if I had another body. It got broken during shipping. There was no doubt about when the damage happened. I had posted several pix of the body in the eBay listing, showing it was in good shape.

The buyer didn't demand his money back or anything and this wasn't my fault. I still felt bad for the guy.  So I refunded him half of his money and told him to keep the kit.

We moved into the new house a few months ago and I'm finally starting to work on the attic. It was bare bones so I got some old pallets and started on the walls. Looks good to me, I still have more to go but I'm happy with the start.

IMG_0007.jpg

Looks like when I started to close in the upstairs in my garage . If you can insulate the roof and end walls in between the rafters , do so , it will save you in the summer and winter , I put in R30 and covered it with 1/2" plywood so I could mount lights anywhere I wanted .

Thanks guys, 

20 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Will this be you man cave?

It would be nice but I'm not going through that again. I did that in the upstairs of my garage, I built a big bar, had a pool table, electronic basketball, darts, electronic bowling, slot machines, card tables, everything you could want. It was nice for a while, then the kids got older & made it their hang out and after that it slowly became storage for all the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH we didn't have room for in the house. It's all still up there but you can't enjoy any of it. I don't even go up there anymore, it just aggravates me seeing it like that.?

My sister got a bravery award for her job with the scottish ambulance service last week, at edinburgh castle from the first minister, and today she got interviewed by the radio about it. She was very modest about it all and made sure to repeat many times how many other people were involved in the rescue and how without them she wouldn't have managed. Tomorrow she's away again to be recognised for raising a fair amount of cash for multiple sclerosis at the houses of lords in london. I'm most happy to see her being recognised for what she does, not for the awards as she herself has multiple sclerosis. Personally I think she  is a great example of humanity

Well, my manager called me into  the office today and told me about how they've been doing salary adjustments to give us a fair market value salary. So I just got a very nice raise today of 8.25%! This has nothing to do with the regular merit raises we get from out annual reviews. That's due next Feb. WOOPEE!