Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

St. Louis Blues won the Stanley Cup!

Congratulations!  As a Blackhawks fan, I was torn on this series, but Boston has won enough championships this year.  So, I was pulling for the Blues.  It was tough seeing the expressions on the Bruins' players faces after the game when the realization set in that they came up short.

Lol   Been a Blackhawks fan since the 60's/70's but have also hated the Bruins since then too. More so in the last several years. There were many teams I was rooting for in these playoffs but it came out good in the end.

I'm happy I'm back on the bench after more that 2 months. Back in April started the month off with a bad cold which took several weeks to get rid of. Started getting caught up on things and then allergies started up big time. Worse I've ever had and I was having major problems breathing. It was so bad I went to my cardiologist to make sure I wasn't having another heart attack. I wasn't but he gave me a referral to a pulmonary doctor.  End result was a diagnosis of moderate COPD most likely caused by smoking a pipe and cigars in my younger days.  New meds are helping and things are back on track.

6 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Power just came back on, at one point ComEd said it was going to be 1am, they got my area powered back up by 12:38am!

We lost power on Saturday afternoon as a storm rolled through. Fortunately it was just out for 2 hours and was back before dark. Still, everything I could think of doing involved power or was wet from the storm!  

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

We lost power on Saturday afternoon as a storm rolled through. Fortunately it was just out for 2 hours and was back before dark. Still, everything I could think of doing involved power or was wet from the storm!  

It was so hot in here, I still didn't get to sleep until after 4am.  Kust happy I have the 10am-7pm for the next 2 weeks vs the 8am-5pm shift I've been in the last couple months, 4 hours of sleep is better than 2!

On 7/4/2019 at 6:27 AM, oldnslow said:

Got to spend 3 days with my grandson , an energizer bunny of a 3 year old . :lol:

On 7/4/2019 at 7:52 AM, Tom Geiger said:

I know that one well! My wife and I just watched my 19 month old granddaughter. She wore us both out!

Why do I get the feeling that it's going to be like that once my niece is old enough.:lol:

Edited by Joe Handley

A buddy of mine knew that I was looking for a particular Hot Wheels - and while I'm not really a Hot Wheels kinda guy I'd been trying to get their 2019 issue of the 1991 Miata as I'd owned one in real life.  None of the stores around here had them, although I'd gone in multiple times to check...and today I got a little care package of some hot rod art and TWO of the Miata I've been trying to find since April :D

2v2Eh7ZQqxue8Lf.jpg

Car guys are the BEST! 

2v2Eh7KWnxue8Lf.jpg

Plus, a couple of days ago I was complaining in the "What Irked You" thread about how hot and humid it's been here, given that we don't have an AC...and yesterday someone left a working AC outside our building!  It's been a good weekend so far :D :D :D

4 hours ago, CabDriver said:

A buddy of mine knew that I was looking for a particular Hot Wheels - and while I'm not really a Hot Wheels kinda guy I'd been trying to get their 2019 issue of the 1991 Miata as I'd owned one in real life.  None of the stores around here had them, although I'd gone in multiple times to check...and today I got a little care package of some hot rod art and TWO of the Miata I've been trying to find since April :D

2v2Eh7ZQqxue8Lf.jpg

Car guys are the BEST! 

2v2Eh7KWnxue8Lf.jpg

Plus, a couple of days ago I was complaining in the "What Irked You" thread about how hot and humid it's been here, given that we don't have an AC...and yesterday someone left a working AC outside our building!  It's been a good weekend so far :D :D :D

Did you post these on your Instagram?  I think I might follow you there and these pics look familiar.......

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

Found out they are building a Portellos in a near by town ! Bye bye diet.

Ha! I was just at Portillo's today buying dinner for the family. I have construction photos of the building being built and I was at the grand opening of my local Portillio's and even met Dick Portillo at the event.