Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

23 minutes ago, cobraman said:

White Castles..... Sliders..... one bite belly bombs ..... repeaters.  I'm sure there was other names for them.

Whatever the name for them......  They are GREAT...!!!  I'll suck down a sack of 10 with no problem:D.  I had them all the time when I lived in NY.  Unfortunately no White Castles here in PA, other than the frozen ones in the supermarket when you can find them.

21 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

getPart?uid=AFHPr9lmQChzXTPLKwxQWJoFmaE&partId=2&saveAs=IMG_1851.jpg&scope=STANDARD

Twin granddaughters!  Meet Allison and Brielle!   All is well in my world tonight!   

No picture but wonderful news, Tom a great blessing?

Edited by slusher
Congratulations on your double blessing, Tom!!

Beautiful weather.  The ability and time to sit on our deck and enjoy a cloudless sky,a little breeze and 63 degrees for a change. The heat and humidity were really brutal for two solid weeks so this is great! Time and weather perfect for spraying some paint as well.

Placed some online orders Saturday morning for resin and some kits. Two of my three orders showed up today, one from Rookie Resin and the other from Tower Hobbies! As much as I miss not having a LHS, gotta admit that I spent 10 minutes ordering on Saturday and 5 days later I had my stuff on my doorstep!

• 2 weeks later...

What pleased me today is I got up this morning.

5 years ago I woke up in the hospital having suffered c a heart attack the day before 8/4 around 8 am. In the same time period my sister and husband had one friend that died from a heart attack and the other suffered a massive stroke.  It made me appreciate life.

Fast forward to today.  My sister and husband got a call that another friend passed on Friday from a heart attack.

I have learned to appreciate every day. You never know how long  you have. Don't waste your precious time.

Sitting on the deck on a beautiful holiday Monday enjoying the heat and watching the birds, flickers, robins including mutant ninja robin, mourning doves, and other assorted feathered creatures playing in the birdbath and clearing the yard of bugs.

67849712_10216257898455233_2358207538249334784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQlsdCuwf3g-ZTAHjrQ1lj_5gX3n1Ogql28RqTOIUXYxZu3ULXN4-jOgl8h7742GteM&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-4.fna&oh=c5ce7c1f146d776594fd05351daf8ce5&oe=5DD83CD8

New driveway!   I hadn't planned this, but the paver was working in the neighborhood and offered me a screaming deal.  I had wanted to expand the rear section, added 15' across,  and solve some of my rain and drainage issues, so I went for it.  Now I fit three cars across the back, and got rid of the soggy side yard. 

On August 5, 2019 at 7:37 AM, bobthehobbyguy said:

What pleased me today is I got up this morning.

5 years ago I woke up in the hospital having suffered c a heart attack the day before 8/4 around 8 am. In the same time period my sister and husband had one friend that died from a heart attack and the other suffered a massive stroke.  It made me appreciate life.

Fast forward to today.  My sister and husband got a call that another friend passed on Friday from a heart attack.

I have learned to appreciate every day. You never know how long  you have. Don't waste your precious time.

May God continue to bless you Bob!

22 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

New driveway!   I hadn't planned this, but the paver was working in the neighborhood and offered me a screaming deal.  I had wanted to expand the rear section, added 15' across,  and solve some of my rain and drainage issues, so I went for it.  Now I fit three cars across the back, and got rid of the soggy side yard. 

I have to get this done in the somewhat near future. Need to replace/repair the existing driveway and extend back to my new garage.

Went searching for a couple bottles of old Model Master paint I KNEW I had deep in the bowels of the Snakepit and actually found them without too much trouble. One turned out to be a near perfect match for the color I needed; the other might be close enough to get by. 

14 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Went searching for a couple bottles of old Model Master paint I KNEW I had deep in the bowels of the Snakepit and actually found them without too much trouble. One turned out to be a near perfect match for the color I needed; the other might be close enough to get by. 

My lost stuff only shows up after I buy a replacement!