Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

I find the frozen ones tricky to get just right. Glad to have one close to me now. I will probably only go 3 or 4 times a year. When I lived in Chicago many, many years ago they were the only place open when the bars closed or sometimes when the last movie played at the drive in.

6 hours ago, cobraman said:

What pleased me today was my truck made it to 18 years old ! I bought this 2002 F 150 True Blue Supercrew in December of 2001 . It’s been a good truck but is starting to show it’s age . 111,000 miles on it . 

C408CD89-2656-4816-A654-86B3D352EBAE.jpeg

3CB8BB3B-CD23-445C-A7E1-82DB4ED1625F.jpeg

Still looks good. Have you priced a new one ?  You might want to consider what it would cost to fix any little ills with this as apposed to buying a new truck. 

20 minutes ago, espo said:

Still looks good. Have you priced a new one ?  You might want to consider what it would cost to fix any little ills with this as apposed to buying a new truck. 

Yes, my father always said that you don’t have car payments, so if you need to pay for a repair it’s like making a one time payment!

Another victim of the pandemic is pet pics w/Santa.  My teenager and I did them the last couple years for one of the local rescues (from which we have a dog) at one of the chain pet store, but they aren't doing them this year.  My oldest has a four month old Golden Retriever that I was determined to find one that Santa wasn't behind the sneeze guard like the salad bar.  Thank you small town America as we found one this a.m.

Sadie 1st Christmas 2020.jpg

Sadie 1st Christmas 2020 No2  4mos old.jpg

Mom & Pop hardware stores! 

The wife bought a dining room cabinet from a local auction site but the hardware was missing.  She called the manufacturer who sent her the wrong parts.  She went to a big box hardware store who didn't carry what was needed (the screws are metric and go into a device buried in the hole to lock them in place).....and we don't need a box of hundred (need 30 of one and six of another).  I took the instructions with the parts call out to that store.  They said it would be a couple weeks (no problem...it's been sitting unassembled for 'a while').  They called Monday and the wife has been assembling it this weekend.

Gotta stop some place and get those guys a gift card for helping end the nightmare.

SNOW! I saw some complaints on the subject over in the "Irks" department, so just to be contrary, I'm posting this. We got 6 inches or so yesterday and last night. It's beautiful!

I plowed the driveway this morning. I already had the plow on the F250, so I just drove down to the end of the driveway, turned around and came back.

Yes, I know I'm spoiled!

DSCN1926.JPG

DSCN1927.JPG

7 minutes ago, Kit Basher said:

SNOW! I saw some complaints on the subject over in the "Irks" department, so just to be contrary, I'm posting this. We got 6 inches or so yesterday and last night. It's beautiful!

I plowed the driveway this morning. I already had the plow on the F250, so I just drove down to the end of the driveway, turned around and came back.

Yes, I know I'm spoiled!

I love snow also. You must live in the snowy part of VA. I live along the rain/snow line, about 20 minutes south of Richmond. We hardly ever see snow anymore.

1 minute ago, stinkybritches said:

I love snow also. You must live in the snowy part of VA. I live along the rain/snow line, about 20 minutes south of Richmond. We hardly ever see snow anymore.

I'm not in the "snowiest" part of VA. I'm about 8 miles from the WV line, about the same to Maryland. We don't get near the snow we used to get, so I enjoy it even more.

8 hours ago, Kit Basher said:

I'm not in the "snowiest" part of VA. I'm about 8 miles from the WV line, about the same to Maryland. We don't get near the snow we used to get, so I enjoy it even more.

Yeah, we used to get at least 1 snowfall a year of a foot or more when I was growing up. Seems like sometime around the year 2000 it just stopped doing much of anything. Lucky to get 4 inches now.

10 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

Yeah, we used to get at least 1 snowfall a year of a foot or more when I was growing up. Seems like sometime around the year 2000 it just stopped doing much of anything. Lucky to get 4 inches now.

Ah, the good ol' days. Seems like we used to get at least a few "snow days" off from school every year. We'd be outside most of the day, sledding, building snow forts, having snow ball wars. We'd be cold, wet, and tired, and loved every minute of it.