Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Passed my license renewal eye exam.See u again in 8 years.Haaaaa.Apparently u only need 20/40 vision in one eye in NY.I did get some bad news however after the exam,the doctor confirmed what I already knew,and that is,that I have cataracts in my right eye now.Had it in my left eye and needed surgery about 6-7 years ago.

Edited by NYLIBUD

On 9/23/2020 at 12:47 PM, espo said:

Did you tell them you wanted the interest on the 62 cents ? You know they would have charged you interest if it was the other way around. 

The real money would be in a "late fee." I suggest telling them they owe you a $47 "late fee." :lol:

Just now, Snake45 said:

The real money would be in a "late fee." I suggest telling them they owe you a $47 "late fee." :lol:

You just know they would charge you, so why not. The best part to me is think about what it is costing them in time and energy plus postage and paper and everything else. I'd drag this out as long as I could, and yes I may be petty , but it's what I would do. 

Good weekend so far....

Yesterday

• Went to an area toy show.  Couple good finds (will post later).  I gotten into the Funko characters, but won't pay the insane $$ that some people will spend on these.  I finally got the Pops made for the benefit of the devastating fires in Australia.
  • The humane society was less than two miles from the show so I stopped there and dropped off a huge box of towels and blankets as well as two small pet carriers (I frequent thrift stores and grab these for this exact reason).  

Today

• 23rd wedding anniversary.  Wife injured her back collapsing the inflatable side pool so not doing anything special.  Being a nurse she isn't big on going out especially the county has had a serious uptick in Covid cases.

I did a deal with my mechanic friend of many years to let his 2 sons have my old BMW 2002 turbo racer and he'd buy me a decent BMW 330i and will also sort the bodywork on my current BMW 530i touring,

I found out today that he's bought a 330i (I found it on the Web on Saturday) and is giving it a service and check over. It's apparently a good one, one owner last 7 years and drives well.

0 to 60 in 6.2 seconds, limited to 155 mph maximum, black with a black interior.

So I'll drive to his workshop in the 530i and drive home in the 330i. Or would if my county wasn't in lockdown. I can't risk a £1000 fine, which is the penalty over here. Patience!

13 minutes ago, DonW said:

I did a deal with my mechanic friend of many years to let his 2 sons have my old BMW 2002 turbo racer and he'd buy me a decent BMW 330i and will also sort the bodywork on my current BMW 530i touring,

I found out today that he's bought a 330i (I found it on the Web on Saturday) and is giving it a service and check over. It's apparently a good one, one owner last 7 years and drives well.

0 to 60 in 6.2 seconds, limited to 155 mph maximum, black with a black interior.

So I'll drive to his workshop in the 530i and drive home in the 330i. Or would if my county wasn't in lockdown. I can't risk a £1000 fine, which is the penalty over here. Patience!

Thats a great way to trade mate. The 330 is one of the cars that seems to get overlooked and is quite under rated imo. I think i'd prefer it over the m3

18 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Thats a great way to trade mate. The 330 is one of the cars that seems to get overlooked and is quite under rated imo. I think i'd prefer it over the m3

Thanks. I've not driven an E46 M3, but was lucky enough to drive an E30 M3 round the Nurburgring many yeas ago. To me that is the only real M3. Great on road and track.

And my 330i only cost £1900!

2 things....

1st: my niece is almost 1 year old, will be as of 10/19/20......can’t believe it’s already been that long:huh:

2nd:  had a 1/2 day today and took this out today........it’s........it’s just NASTY???

2178EDFE_BF07_48E1_A7B9_1394054E9D7B_IMG

Edited by Joe Handley