Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Weekend at Bernie's . . . here, there, everywhere and anywhere . . .

Plenty of internet fodder.  That image will get him more exposure and make Bernie more popular and better-recognized than anything his PR people could have intentionally conjured up! 

??

On 1/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, Tom Geiger said:

These Bernie memes are funny!  Non-political and harmless fun that all sides are laughing together. Just what we needed about now!

1970636364_berniennleast.png.1cc5a9d3979b50fb04ef4482a86b6513.png

On line outside NNL East!

HAHA!  That one's BRILLIANT!  Did he bring any builds? ?

It snowed a couple of hours ago. 

Yep, it FREAKING snowed here!!!! 

This is the desert. It never snows here.

Brief, not much accumulation, but real honest to gosh SNOW!!

First time in 20 years in this part of the Sonoran desert.

??

59 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

You got my snow!  There was a 90% chance of snow overnight but woke up to no snow. And that’s just fine with me!   ️ 

LOL.  

I've lived in this house 17+ years . . . here in the Sonoran Desert . . . and it has never snowed here.  Got a light dusting once about 20 years ago when we lived in Scottsdale, but never here.  And as Kurt points out, he's only about an hour (and 6,000 feet) from here. He got and is getting enough snow for ALL of us!

Oh, and it is cold here.  Cold for here. High today predicted to be 52 degrees; currently 45.

??

3 minutes ago, Danno said:

LOL.  

I've lived in this house 17+ years . . . here in the Sonoran Desert . . . and it has never snowed here.  Got a light dusting once about 20 years ago when we lived in Scottsdale, but never here.  And as Kurt points out, he's only about an hour (and 6,000 feet) from here. He got and is getting enough snow for ALL of us!

Oh, and it is cold here.  Cold for here. High today predicted to be 52 degrees; currently 45.

??

It rained/snowed a bit here last week. Now it’s -32C....-41C with the windchill! ???

Got up this morning to a very light dusting almost like Powdered Sugar on French Toast. Just enough to cause wrecks every where and shut down a couple of major hiways until they can treat the roadways and clear away the debris from the wrecks. You would think that people living in this part of the world with all their big 4WD SUVs would know how  to drive in this, but you would be wrong. 

Got a job offer today...I'd been looking for a couple of weeks since I found out that my current contract is ending February 5th.  I'd been working remotely for 3 1/2 years, and over the last year it's been clear the work was winding down..been pretty boring lately.    I had several interviews last week, and landed a full time gig w/ a local tech company (still working from home though)... using cutting-edge technology, small company, great salary (30% raise over my current gig, which paid quite well) and benefits, etc.  

On 1/24/2021 at 1:11 PM, Tom Geiger said:

These Bernie memes are funny!  Non-political and harmless fun that all sides are laughing together. Just what we needed about now!

On line outside NNL East!

They are great...people have been really creative...I saw one where he was on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise from Star Trek, one where he in an old black and white photo of iron workers building  a skyscraper, etc...he definitely gets around...

7 hours ago, Danno said:

LOL.  

??

I have family up in Prescott and they got a big dump of snow but they do normally get some every winter.

10 hours ago, Danno said:

LOL.  

??

Weird!... And we’re having the mildest winter up here so far that I have seen in.. well, maybe my whole life.