Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Got signed up for the Covid shot.  No luck locally so went one county away and two days out at Walgreen's.  I kept checking CVS, Rite-Aid and Krogers (their site is a major PITA) to no avail.  Already have the second dose scheduled as well.

This is the one time it's good to be old and fat....

After singlehandedly shoveling about 30 tons of snow and slush, I finally got my car un-trapped from my normal alley parking spot and into a spot that I can actually get in and out of. HURAY!!!!

This is my front yard

C0C8EB8F-58EC-4B1C-A1B8-223B1D9B69CA.jpeg.a8c6ef3f80073ba6cdfc7e7e7c3ba29e.jpeg

Edited by Venom

On 3/12/2021 at 8:00 PM, HomerS said:

Got signed up for the Covid shot.  No luck locally so went one county away and two days out at Walgreen's.  

My wife spent a lot of time on internet and phone and found a new vaccine location opening up. She called, they answered immediately and took a reservation for the two of us! 

The catch? A two and a half hour trip each way! And we go back there next week. At least it was a nice drive in the country!

1 minute ago, crazyjim said:

Any bad effects after the shot?  I hear kinds of different stories from nothing to flu like symptoms.  We get our 2nd shot on April 5th.

Yes, it varies a lot. I ran a low-grade fever, and felt tired. Mary just felt tired. My daughter didn't have any side effects beyond a sore shoulder. Beats getting the actual disease by a very long ways. 

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

Any bad effects after the shot?  I hear kinds of different stories from nothing to flu like symptoms.  We get our 2nd shot on April 5th.

The Lovely Mrs. Snake got her first shot--I think it was Pfizer but not 100% sure--and had no effects at all. And trust me, if she HAD, I'd know about it. 

I got the oxford vaccine a couple of weeks ago. No side effects the first day but my arm hurt for a couple days and flu like symptoms after the second day but happy to have got it. I guess sometimes having health issues can be useful. I should get the second shot end of may or start of june.

I get my second dose of Pfizer on Wednesday. I was in a Zoom meeting yesterday about a potentially lucrative project.. one of the requirements was to be vaccinated as an essential worker.. no problem!

And the chuckle of the day...

40452880-6B16-472A-9E13-F25FA4E0389E.jpeg.1c4e021c0556caf9e584fe482499fa14.jpeg

You know your wife really doesn’t pay attention to your hobby when you present this as your new build, she glances briefly and says, “that’s nice”

My wife and I got our second, and hopefully final shot, of the Moderna Covid vaccine last Tuesday.  We'll wait the suggested 2 weeks or so to be sure that we are fully protected, and then we're looking forward to being able to go to our (my) favorite local restaurant for dinner and a few drinks to celebrate my upcoming 74th birthday.   We'll still be wearing masks and following all social distancing protocols.  Please stay safe everyone.

I've been binge-watching episodes of the old sitcom Becker on Pluto TV (free streaming), which I never watched when it was on. Just watched the Season 3 episode where Becker is dating a much younger woman, and seems to be having a heart attack every time it's time to go home with her. I diagnosed the real problem long before Becker did--and he's a doctor! :lol: (Hint: It always happens in a Chinese restaurant.) B)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I've been binge-watching episodes of the old sitcom Becker on Pluto TV (free streaming), which I never watched when it was on. Just watched the Season 3 episode where Becker is dating a much younger woman, and seems to be having a heart attack every time it's time to go home with her. I diagnosed the real problem long before Becker did--and he's a doctor! :lol: (Hint: It always happens in a Chinese restaurant.) B)

Me, too.

I think Becker is funnier now than it was when it was new.

Linda cracks me up.

🌵😎

4 hours ago, Danno said:

Me, too.

I think Becker is funnier now than it was when it was new.

Linda cracks me up.

I started watching it because some years ago my Dad told me it was funny and recommended I try it. So I did. I must have picked the worst episode ever, because I though it was the silliest, stupidest, most un-funny show I'd ever seen--except for ONE line from Becker, which was outrageously hilarious and one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life. But I could never remember what it was. Never watched the show again. So now that I have time, I'm watching them all trying to find that ONE line again. I'm about halfway through now. I suspect the line I want is in one of the last two seasons. (I didn't realize there were six seasons when I started it.) 

I like Linda too, but I liked her even more in the first two seasons, when she was--how should I put this?--even MORE Linda-y. :wub: I wonder why she made the change. :unsure:

Edited by Snake45