Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Snow?  What's that?

Okay, okay, before anybody gets twisted up, take into account I've done my time in the snowbelt and icebelt and colder-than-all-hockeysticks belt. I put in my time. It took me three years of living in Arizona before my bone marrow thawed out. 

So, yeah. I tease. But I also empathize with y'all.

Funny story about being snowed in:  We lived in the country when we were in Colorado. The Lovely and Gracious Mrs. B worked for the county, downtown. It was a 35 mile trip for her, one way. One weekend we got pounded by a particularly prolific storm with very heavy, wet snow. Tons of it. Monday morning, she couldn't get out of the driveway (.125 miles long to the road), and her department head said to stay home whenever it snowed half that much. So she called in. Her immediate supervisor didn't buy it and went on a rampage. However, the department head was married to the county's department of transportation superintendent and they lived about 3 miles from us. They couldn't get out, either. Things went kind of badly for the snarky supervisor.

We were snowed in for three days. The first county snowplow that tried to clear the road in front of our house got stuck in the deep snow. The next day they came back with a grader and the biggest plow the county had. Stuck. The third day we heard a calamitous commotion out front, and looked out to see a huge US Air Force runway snow blower working its way through the accumulations. It finally made a 12' trench in the snow, freed the snowplows, and opened our driveway. We had pictures, and the Lovely and Gracious Mrs. B was never challenged again if she had to call out from work.

❄️🥶

2 hours ago, oldnslow said:

Everything is blooming , all of my citrus is covered in white flowers , the Eastern Red Bud trees are purple ( usually a sign of the end of cold weather ) and the temps are creeping back to where it's comfortable ( 60* to 80* range ) .  😎

EDB1E141-6665-460C-A423-BD241D4F09D2.jpeg.e3010a4237d011c3213c5067ccd9ba7b.jpeg

We hate you! 😝

2 hours ago, espo said:

Today the weather wonk thinks we'll see 70 Degrees as a high. Less than a week ago we had a low with the wind chill of - 32. That's over 100 degree swing in temps. I think I may wash a car or two today. 

Why--do you want it to rain? :lol:

Seriously?  

CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Former Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis says it's "wondersome" how he has not been given another opportunity to be an NFL head coach going on a third season since being fired by the team.

Lewis was fired by the Bengals following the 2018 season, his 16th as the team's head coach. He compiled a regular season record of 131-122-3 and led seven teams to the playoffs, but went 0-7. His last three teams each had a losing record.

The Covid vaccine has been quite elusive in Pennsylvania.  We lucked into learning about a new distribution site before the herd and got appointments for my wife and I.

So we went today and received shot one and our appointment for shot two! Big relief!   The downside? It was a 2.5 hr ride each way!   It was a nice day for a ride in the country!

I just put "finstone resin" into Google and all it showed me was links for Jimmy Flintstone Resin. :lol:

As the late great John Wayne said, "Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid." (Also later quoted by Fred Sanford, which is where I first heard it.) 

😊😊😊

Not even the tip of the iceberg!

One of my favorites was a post showing a painted body that looked like a third grader had finger painted it.. poster was screaming victim! Paint company should be burned to the ground and everyone who worked there executed kind of post!

It was actually confounding how someone got such a miserable paint job.. people tried to help.. what primer? What paint? Airbrushed or spray can?  Some 20 posts down it comes out that the dude brush painted metallic paint directly over bare colored plastic! Of course he expected a concourse paint job!

When people tried to council the guy as to what to do, it was sudden all his wife’s fault because she wouldn’t let him paint in their apartment!   Man!

The paint department at the local hobby shop.  Wow! somebody went crazy. 

A couple new displays from Revell... they even included some glues from Revell.  Revell has a bit of work to do to label things better and more clearly in the local language.  That wasn't so impressive but I see it being expanded in the future.  Over the last few months they have been adding other brands, some for the general hobby builder, some for rail. and a lot of the new paints for weathering, land, sea, and air.  Humbrol, More Tamiya, More Mr. color, AK - too many to remember.  It's even spilling out into other parts of the store.  They've been carrying lots of books on the new finishing techniques and materials.   Testors won't be missed.

Well.......despite a recent severe infection as well as not doing much because of Covid restrictions and working from home for almost a year now,  I’ve managed to drop 2 pants sizes for blue jeans since Christmas 2019:blink:  I had 2 pairs that were comfortable but getting looser before just wearing out, found another pair that turned out to be the next size down a while back and even those were getting to where I need a belt in the last couple weeks (hope I don’t need to shorten that too!) even though those were extremely tight a few years ago.  I just tried on a pair I got about the same time that I couldn’t button or zip at the time and never returned, but now not only do both, but I can even sit in them after eating more dinner than I should have too😮  By the time I get up for my daily antibiotic hospital visit tomorrow morning, they jut may fit perfectly 😁

I can’t believe I actually found one of my cars that I owned, but had to sell to a friend.Saw it posted on fb today. I owned it back in the early 90s.It was a 69 Dart,340,not numbers matching, but it didn’t matter..The woman, I actually bought the car from, posted a picture of the car from back in the late 80s,at a drag racing ave,Deer Park ave,a famous well known Long Island NY car hang out,and street racing,mainly back in the day though.But people still hang out there today..So She replied back to me that I bought the car from her.I just couldn’t believe it.I was thrilled.Only problem is that either one of us have any idea where the car is,if it’s still around.But as usual,I never should of sold it.Its a small world.

A8422026-D166-4CC4-9932-FBD72FABA83A.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD

Took my 2000 Cavalier out for it's first drive in quite a while. Not a big deal right? Well it is today as the new supercharger has breathed new life into the little bugger!

Nearly snapped my neck with the throttle response. I knew it was going to be a bit quicker but this result has me tickled. I see a disk brake conversion for the rear in the near future as those drums just ain't making it.

I went looking for Imports but couldn't find any takers. It's still pretty mild at idle and part throttle, but goose it and it just flips out. Best $1,100.00 I ever spent.