Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius future kit prototypes from November, 2017 NNL Motor City...

tim boyd

I have to guess that it will be something that will have a following...somewhere. Not much excites me anymore. They can keep all the Corvette's, Camaro's, Buick's, Oldsmobile's and most all MOPAR's. Over saturated with them already. Wait and see, I reckon. I'm hoping for a 49 Packard convertible, not likely is it?

If sharing anything with the Torino, I'd pass.....

Hmmm...........that's funny you mentioned that Andy, because when I spoke to Ed Sexton personally about that car, I suggested that's what they could use as a starting point. Mechanically that is, as of course the bodies are different save for the windshield and A pillars.

We'll see.......... ;)

so Christmas has been moved to this coming Sunday?  Kewl!  :D

Stop the negative noise folks.  I believe we are talking about Revell here and they've done some amazing things recently.

Who woulda thunk   '57 Ford wagon,  Bronco and '66 Suburban..  so I will sit here and anticipate the best!   

Just amazed they haven't put it out there for everyone to start drooling over already.   But I guess this is that starting point.   So that makes us, what, a year from actually holding it?  I hope it's something I want.  And that could be a lot of choices.  

I'mma try and curb my own enthusiasm as... well, apparently there's ****-all desire for late seventies, early eighties shadow-of-their-former-selves muscle cars(or at least, seemingly), but if there's a '70-'76 Ranchero, '75-'76 Grand Am or dare I say, Can Am, or even as much as a simple, dull late seventies Regal, I'd literally be screaming joy off rooftops. The annuals from MPC back in the day, even though they were objectively quite balls, still make for nice time pieces.

Hell coming to think of it, wouldn't even be opposed to some proper kitted new gen Ford/Chevy/Dodges.

Edited by echoxrayniner

Hmmm...........that's funny you mentioned that Andy, because when I spoke to Ed Sexton personally about that car, I suggested that's what they could use as a starting point. Mechanically that is, as of course the bodies are different save for the windshield and A pillars.

We'll see.......... ;)

Be nice if they fixed the floors of the Torino. Driving me crazy fixing it. The rest of the fixes have not been too bad. Front bumper fix is tought to get it to look right tho.

Who wants to create odds? Here are my guesses:

Manufacturer (in descending order of the best chances): Revell, Moebius, Round 2

Make (in descending order of the best chances): Ford (always the crowd favorite), Dodge (Mopars are undeniably hot right now, and there are some truck opportunities that are compelling), Chevrolet, Plymouth (see Dodge), Pontiac, Mercury, Oldsmobile (Vista Cruiser, anyone???), All others...

Here's what's overdue in my opinion:

1) Hellcat

2) Hellcat (at the very least, this powertrain should exist in scale)+

3) Hellcat (ok, I've made my point)

4) 1968-69 Mercury Cyclone

5) 60's Dodge Pickup

6) 1964-66 Plymouth Barracuda and Dodge Dart 

7) any 1967-77 Ford Ranchero

8) 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger

I guess we'll see...

Who wants to create odds? Here are my guesses:

Manufacturer (in descending order of the best chances): Revell, Moebius, Round 2

Make (in descending order of the best chances): Ford (always the crowd favorite), Dodge (Mopars are undeniably hot right now, and there are some truck opportunities that are compelling), Chevrolet, Plymouth (see Dodge), Pontiac, Mercury, Oldsmobile (Vista Cruiser, anyone???), All others...

Here's what's overdue in my opinion:

1) Hellcat

2) Hellcat (at the very least, this powertrain should exist in scale)+

3) Hellcat (ok, I've made my point)

4) 1968-69 Mercury Cyclone

5) 60's Dodge Pickup

6) 1964-66 Plymouth Barracuda and Dodge Dart 

7) any 1967-77 Ford Ranchero

8) 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger

I guess we'll see...

Some great choices!!   I'd like to see:

1) '18 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat (regular and Demon)

2) '18 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

3) '18 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Hellcat Trackhawk

4) '68-69 Cyclone

5) '67-68 Cougar

6) '71 Dodge Demon

7) '70 Ford Ranchero GT

8) '70 Pontiac GTO Judge convertible

9) '18 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE

10) '18 Chevy Corvette ZR1

11) '18 Ford Mustang GT350

But the reality is it probably will be yet another Hot Rod 32 Ford or something similar...yawn.

Edited by Rob Hall

1984 Ford Tempo...and the second version will be...a 1984 Mercury Topaz!  

(not what I would choose, but I tried to think of what could be the most unappealing subjects a kit company could choose)

It was appealing enough for Kenny Bernstein!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Monogram_2726_TempoFC.thumb.JPG.4955f4b2

1972 Ford Ranchero

This has been done as a full resin kit without an engine so whatever engine you'd want could be installed. 

HPIM3132.thumb.JPG.8e2b29d41472aa0dd6365