Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volkswagen Golf R32

Jurva

Almost box stock Fujimi Golf R32. I had this Hobby Design skibox, and wanted to build an european style car. So I got this Golf. Changed wheels and added some camber. Also painted the hood with some stripes. Idea came from coffee mug.

P1110280.JPG.0d9df35ef34c74fbc2e32fb98df3afa4.JPG

P1110281.JPG.d66f4fab0a7cfd2551905e04cb6efd3f.JPG

P1110282.JPG.49b6022d7d416fc7b003fd8b9c41b5f3.JPG

P1110284.JPG.329cb274380adfa0056e463af3b049d0.JPG

P1110283.JPG.957609017730010597c273e84be5cc8e.JPG

On 2/7/2020 at 6:10 AM, Jurva said:

Wheels are cambered versions, inside is thinner than the outside. It's also style choice in european and japanese cars. 

Yeah, I see a lot of 'em here in the UK. I like the way they look.

You did a great job on this kit. Very sharp build.

Very well executed Golf!  I owned a '91 Jetta GLi, loved the engine sound, had fun auto crossing it.  I have another roof carrier, Fujimi parts kit, would like to do something like this.  Nice stripe graphics, simple and clean.  Personal subjective opinion, hate the wheel stance, but to each their own; in my town the roads are rough, and I don't follow dudes with Miatas like this, when a dip is coming, they have to slow down to 3.5 MPH.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:30 AM, 89AKurt said:

Personal subjective opinion, hate the wheel stance, but to each their own; in my town the roads are rough, and I don't follow dudes with Miatas like this, when a dip is coming, they have to slow down to 3.5 MPH.

Haha. Yeah. I wouldn't too set up my car like that. Too much wear on tyres. Sometimes though, little bit of camber adds good amount of aggressiveness to the overall look.

Sidenote: The way you told your opinion, was a great example to lots of people. 10 points.

8 hours ago, Jurva said:

Haha. Yeah. I wouldn't too set up my car like that. Too much wear on tyres. Sometimes though, little bit of camber adds good amount of aggressiveness to the overall look.

Sidenote: The way you told your opinion, was a great example to lots of people. 10 points.

I owned a MINI Cooper, an '03 and '06.  The rear has a built-in negative camber, which helped for handling, had fun doing track days with the '03.  The bigger MINIs, think it's the Clubman, the negative camber is really severe.  For some reason, I could not get over a year out of the tires.  ?  I like the lowered look, with tires barely missing the fender, I know they roll the fender lip to accomplish that.  But would like to see them drive my favorite mountain roads.