Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram '55 Chevy custom

FordRodnKustom

Hey all, here's what I've been working on these past few weeks. This one has been an on again off again box hugger for several years so I finally decided to dig in and get it done.

2vngYw2ux29seC.jpg

2v2HQ9ZKLx29seC.jpg

2v2HQ9ZAVx29seC.jpg

2v2HQ9ZVnx29seC.jpg

2v2HQ9Z7Wx29seC.jpg

As always questions, comments and spirited discussion is most welcome. Thanks for looking.

Edited by FordRodnKustom

Nice over the top 50s-60s custom car! This one has every trick in the customizers' bag-o-tricks thrown at it, and I love it! The interior is my favorite aspect, and I do believe I spy some AMT 58 Impala custom bits in there. The one no-no that nags me is the fact you added a flare to the radiused rear wheel opening but didn't repeat the flare on the front wheel opening; George Barris is rolling over in his bubbletop coffin.

Wow, is right! I’ll join in with Phil above...

It is great to see that version built now of such a classic kit. Nowadays we certainly have more modern kits, but they don’t build up anywhere close to your rendition. A treat to see! 
Cheers Misha

Edited by Misha
Grammmar!

Over the years, I've seen many kits like this with wild custom options. As a youngster, I even bought a few. 

I don't think I've ever seen one built to completion using all (or most) of the custom bits.

This one is completely over the top and exceedingly well done!

This style is not my particular cup of tea but it is a spectacular manifestation of the designer's vision.

Spot on from every angle!

David G.