Model Cars Magazine Forum

My model building days are coming to an end

27 minutes ago, slusher said:

Talked with my wife and after some thinking quitting the forum doesn’t help my problems so I will be around....

Wonderful Carl. As a seasoned builder. Your advice to all of us about building is immeasurable. I'm glad you're staying on. :-)

Yeah, don't go! You were one of the first to greet me on the forum a couple months back and you always comment on my builds. I have lots of new builds coming, are you not entertained? haha. Seriously though, health issues suck balls, my cousin has a muscle disease and can't move without excruciating pain, it's horrible to see, closing yourself off from the world only adds to the pain. My thoughts are with you, man, they really are.

17 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Yeah, don't go! You were one of the first to greet me on the forum a couple months back and you always comment on my builds. I have lots of new builds coming, are you not entertained? haha. Seriously though, health issues suck balls, my cousin has a muscle disease and can't move without excruciating pain, it's horrible to see, closing yourself off from the world only adds to the pain. My thoughts are with you, man, they really are.

Bring on the builds,  thank you Gareth!

Glad you decided to hang around.  You're one of the regulars that always has good input or comments.   I have done this before for others and will offer again.  If you still build on things and get to a tough spot, PM me and maybe I can help you finish a few things that you might not be able to do.  I actually like foiling, so if you build it and need foil, PM me and we'll see if we figure a way I can help.  Anytime.  

14 minutes ago, randyc said:

PM me and maybe I can help you finish a few things that you might not be able to do.  I

" THAT "......is exactly what makes this forum the greatest hobby place to be!!   Very amicable gesture Randy! 

Carl.....please let us know if any of us can do anything to keep you in the community. ....you've been here for others!   There are good people here for you!

Hi Sir!

I've been on this forum for about 18 months, and I have witnessed firsthand your interest and positive attitude. It would be a loss for all of us if you were to turn to other interests.

An older gentleman that I worked with, many years ago, told me one day, when some colleagues were complaining that he was not as "productive" as he used to be: "you know guys, at some point it is not what you do, it's what you know". 

How right. So Carl, please, keep roaming the halls, and don't be shy of your comments. 

Regards,

CT

On 9/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, randyc said:

Glad you decided to hang around.  You're one of the regulars that always has good input or comments.   I have done this before for others and will offer again.  If you still build on things and get to a tough spot, PM me and maybe I can help you finish a few things that you might not be able to do.  I actually like foiling, so if you build it and need foil, PM me and we'll see if we figure a way I can help.  Anytime.  

Thank you Randy I sure will.!

On 9/23/2020 at 2:57 PM, Khils said:

" THAT "......is exactly what makes this forum the greatest hobby place to be!!   Very amicable gesture Randy! 

Carl.....please let us know if any of us can do anything to keep you in the community. ....you've been here for others!   There are good people here for you!

Thank you so much!

6 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Amen! A great community and it wouldn’t be the same without Carl around!

Thanks Tom!

5 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Sir!

I've been on this forum for about 18 months, and I have witnessed firsthand your interest and positive attitude. It would be a loss for all of us if you were to turn to other interests.

An older gentleman that I worked with, many years ago, told me one day, when some colleagues were complaining that he was not as "productive" as he used to be: "you know guys, at some point it is not what you do, it's what you know". 

How right. So Carl, please, keep roaming the halls, and don't be shy of your comments. 

Regards,

CT

Thanks Claude!

5 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Glad to see you're staying with us Carl, even if you're just here for a distraction you have many friends here as you can see from the comments

It’s sure nice to have friends!  Thank you!

On 9/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Think of it this way.

You won't be the only guy on the board that doesn't build anything! :lol:;)

Amen to that!

I consider myself a perpetual tinkerer. I keep my mind satiated by improving little things at a time and occasionally completing something. 

But never an intense building session all at once.

Carl, do whatever you can. If only to keep your sanity and to have a much needed break.