Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 November 2020 Releases

Motor City

So possibly of interest to those following the James Bond Mustang, direct from the kit literature distributed today. 

AUTHENTIC DETAILS: Featured in a Vegas chase scene from the hit movie, Diamonds Are Forever, the 1971 Mustang Mach I is a kit sure to please every Bond fan! Fully paintable, this kit includes NEW movie-accurate water-slide decals, ALL NEW 1971 front end parts, NEW chrome wheels and pad printed tires, 351 cubic inch V-8 engine and more!

13 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

So possibly of interest to those following the James Bond Mustang, direct from the kit literature distributed today. 

AUTHENTIC DETAILS: Featured in a Vegas chase scene from the hit movie, Diamonds Are Forever, the 1971 Mustang Mach I is a kit sure to please every Bond fan! Fully paintable, this kit includes NEW movie-accurate water-slide decals, ALL NEW 1971 front end parts, NEW chrome wheels and pad printed tires, 351 cubic inch V-8 engine and more!

Hard to tell from the scree shot I took but aside from the grille and decals I do not see anything new.  If the builder wants to pretend it’s a 351C instead of a correct 429CJ with a C6 automatic when the kit has the 428 engine from the old 68 Mustang kit with a four speed and the exhaust from the 69 Mustang kit that fine.  I suppose on the plus side why pay collector prices for an “original” 71 Mustang kit when this one will basically be the same with better tires and decals.

040809B3-E37E-4B09-BF28-A8B04E0A1D01.jpeg

7D9BC90B-25EE-42AB-9A8B-BE8C509AC72A.jpeg

"ALL NEW 1971 front end parts, NEW chrome wheels" 

The Screen Shot is too blurry to really make out much. But, I'll always defer to Rex-Vamach1about Mustang stuff. I'll wait until he has this kit in his hands, and has reported back to us, before judging this new kit.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:32 PM, alexis said:

"ALL NEW 1971 front end parts, NEW chrome wheels" 

The Screen Shot is too blurry to really make out much. But, I'll always defer to Rex-Vamach1about Mustang stuff. I'll wait until he has this kit in his hands, and has reported back to us, before judging this new kit.

Thanks for the compliment.  It would be nice if it at least came with the correct 71-72 urethane front bumper.  Sadly looking at the preview of the 1/18 scale 007 Mach1 diecast still has those goofy rear bumper guards which I almost never see on any show quality Mustang since they are just plain ugly and were only on the 1973’s anyway.  I’m guessing it does not have a 429 CJ engine either just like the kit won’t. ?

Edited by vamach1

I'm in for the Stealth and the Eldorado die cast.....shame we can't get the Cadillac kit/promo back

I had a Stealth......great car(!) even in bad weather.  The only time I had an issue was a snow storm that dumped over a foot of snow as although FWD, the ground clearance meant a lot of shoveling the driveway

On 11/6/2020 at 7:54 AM, PintoKING said:

Does that '71 Mustang is based on the AMT or MPC kit?

It’s looking more to me like the MPC kit (again) with the incorrect “vents” near the back of the hood among other things.  WHY????????????????????????  The decals and tires could make it worthwhile with a 40% coupon but I had hoped for some more improvements.  I guess that’s 2020 in a nutshell - high hopes and a letdown but hopefully Revell is still working on the Boss 351 kit for late next year.

Edited by vamach1

I use to own a 1971  Mach 1 . I have built the Amt/Ertl Boss 351. My only gripe is the engines. The kit has a lot of custom  and speed parts. I bought the corrected Mach 1  front end from Missing Link and decals from Firebird. It turned out great.

I'll buy one and hope for the best.

Mike