Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 54 Chevy

fordf-100

Hi all, this is the old Revell 54 Chevy. This build is not meant to replicate any drag class or be accurate to anything in particular! When I was 9 or 10 I got one of these and even though it was/is not a great kit it was one of the first kits that I used some paint on, mainly flat black for the interior and the frame, I left the body the Orange it was molded in and when finished I really liked it and it was a favorite of my youth! So about a year ago I was buying some kits from a friend and digging in his basement when I came across this mostly unbuilt/ unpainted kit and easily talked him out of it! I wanted to do this in the look of my original but hopefully much better! I painted this with Tamiya Orange and basically built it box stock. I left the rear and side windows out because they didn’t fit at all. I used some AMT parts pack wheels and tires and that’s about it! I had a great time building this and I thought it came out ok! Comments always welcome!

09890872-F64A-4F32-98A5-E73930AC9E19.jpeg

9BFC1D10-2657-41D1-8409-56CEAC6FCBC0.jpeg

B50E927F-537E-49B9-BF25-13B80074AB80.jpeg

4E84CE9A-8593-496F-9289-29CA9EAAFCFE.jpeg

5BF7717D-CEC4-4C86-AD7A-CC121461ADB6.jpeg

• Like 2

That turned out great.  Love the paint.  I have the '54 Chevy Highboy version of this kit on display in my cabinet.  I always wondered why it was molded in that metallic blue.  The box is dated 1970.  After seeing your excellent build I may end up building mine one day.  Thanks for sharing!

54 Chevy Highboy.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 5:20 PM, Kromolly said:

That turned out great.  Love the paint.  I have the '54 Chevy Highboy version of this kit on display in my cabinet.  I always wondered why it was molded in that metallic blue.  The box is dated 1970.  After seeing your excellent build I may end up building mine one day.  Thanks for sharing!

54 Chevy Highboy.jpg

Looks like a factory plastic swap

Lot-Art | Pair of factory sealed Revell Street Classics 1/25 scale model  kits

Thank you for all the comments! I have a few more builds to redo from childhood. A couple are pretty expensive hard to find kits so they may be on hold longer than I would like. I really wish I had kept my childhood models but I’m sure most everyone knows how that goes!

1 hour ago, fordf-100 said:

Thank you for all the comments! I have a few more builds to redo from childhood. A couple are pretty expensive hard to find kits so they may be on hold longer than I would like. I really wish I had kept my childhood models but I’m sure most everyone knows how that goes!

Boy, you said it.  When I think of the dozens of kits I built as a kid and the fact that they all ended up in the trash... 😭

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...