Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

@SteveG

Thanks, hypothetically 💀👍🏼 of course. 
Parts pack would be nice, old and new stuff. 7 light bars silly. Low line and in car pretty much the standard here. I really think shadow decals would be easy and cheap, off white and silver. Can do a lot with decals alone nowadays. I’m far from expert, but this would get me to buy one. 

Looking forward to the charger. I’d like to build a “what-if” of what these cars might look like in 25-30 years. I’ll also build one stock. 

I want more late-model models (🥴) so I’ll support R2 in the hopes that we get additional new tools of current market cars in the future.

About that licensed car though… I really hope it is the Blues Brothers’ Monaco. I’d be in for a  few. 

• Like 1

I'v Got a AMT  ZZR found at a flea  I restored  in the 90s, Il get a picture up soon.

The real car was for sale in Italy about 12 years back for 30k. I have always suspected Barris  thru this together in about a week from leftover Munster Coach parts. It's even got a Topper Johnny Seven toy gun in the trunk.

And for those of you have never suffered thru  this Groovy Fab Gear '66 film (Hot mess)

Presenting Out Of Sight !

https://tinyurl.com/2cf2tdcj

Edited by s.p.e.c.t.r.e.
spelling

7 hours ago, s.p.e.c.t.r.e. said:

And for those of you have never suffered thru  this Groovy Fab Gear '66 film (Hot mess)

Presenting Out Of Sight !

https://tinyurl.com/2cf2tdcj

Watch for the AMT model display featuring George Barris at 1:14:15, then stick around right after that for Dobie Gray's KILLER performance of the title song!

On 3/15/2022 at 9:53 AM, SteveG said:

If there was going to be a New Charger Police Pursuit version hypothetically speaking I expect it would probably have your basic marked unit parts.  Considering that the planned parts count for the announced RT version is on the high side, I wouldn't expect to see eight different light bars like Lindberg did with their kit.  Even with the overside size box Lindberg used on their Chargers, the additional parts barely fit.  There's only so many parts that can fit into one kit. 

Again, hypothetically speaking I wonder if there would be any interest in a modern Police Accessory parts pack for those additional items like dash cams, speed enforcement, additional warning lamps, etc.   I would expect to see the aftermarket industry stepping up too.  With the popularity of 3D printing now, if the equipment is in use, you'll probably be able to get in scale one way or another.

-Steve

Hypothetically speaking none of those 8 lightbars in the Lindberg kit were more than a 75% whiff of their 1:1 prototype counterparts. I'd be happier with 1 or 2 actually 95% of the way there to dodge the licensing if that's what it comes to, than 8 things that are borderline useless.

Also why waxing poetic we need both the steel and dress versions of the AWD wheel please and thank you.

2022-03-16_11-22-57.jpg.e35a439d8838498d426d11b477dbca63.jpg

20220227_071046.jpg.dc797308c4a44866944b1210c7e24f81.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

Not Bad looking at all. What Era are these good for?

Mid 70s through the early 90s. Although 75 through 85 would be the prime years, anything after that would be recycling lightbars onto new vehicles. It was the one of the first fully enclosed lightbars where prior items like the Vis-a-Bar were twin single beacons with a siren in between (think the lighting setup in the JoHan Plymouth) and the later Aerodynic (which AMT had a terrible oversized oval monstrosity representing as their main lightbar in the 78 Monaco kit through it's TJ Hooker, Dukes of Hazzard and Batman reissues).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

...the later Aerodynic (which AMT had a terrible oversized oval monstrosity representing as their main lightbar in the 78 Monaco kit through it's TJ Hooker, Dukes of Hazzard and Batman reissues).

Isn't that what this is?

BTW, the package says "choice of color lenses", but I'm only seeing 4 lenses. So if one bar is red and blue, the other HAS to be clear and yellow, no other choice. 😢

What if someone wants all amber? Gotta buy 2 sets just to get one amber bar?

Not much choice. 

2 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Isn't that what this is?

BTW, the package says "choice of color lenses", but I'm only seeing 4 lenses. So if one bar is red and blue, the other HAS to be clear and yellow, no other choice. 😢

Not much choice. 

picture shows 2 lens of each color so you can make one caution bar..

58 minutes ago, slusher said:

picture shows 2 lens of each color so you can make one caution bar..

I was mistaken. I thought these lenses were split horizontally and that it took 2 halves to make 1 lens. I was thinking these were like the oval ones on Roscoe's police car.

rosco_enos.jpg.866fad2c164cd236b3c24ce3dcd3e758.jpg

But they are actually like the ones on Squad 51.

48c6ecdd2499d145515b9b4091f6a0c9.jpg.31aa3fd0d58e3b614543e108b6fbcef0.jpg

I can see a use for these myself. I've got a few TV show projects that need these. 

Thanks to Carl for clearing it up for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Isn't that what this is?

Not much choice. 

Yes as you said it's the big square bar which is known as the Twinsonic...which is what the description of the product says...it came after the Vis-a-Bar, and before the later Aerodynic which is what's on the DoH cars in 1:1 as well as the 1:25 kit prior. The Twinsonic was tooled up for the CHP branded reissue (from a year or so ago) of the Monaco that also had the more stockish wheels and tire set (instead of the nearly dirt track wide set the Monaco has had for years).