Model Cars Magazine Forum

ICM models and the Ukraine.

I recieved an ICM Ford speedster today. Great looking little kit. ICM also has a couple other kits I'll be purchasing. Thing is ICM is based in Kiev, Ukraine ,and things aren't going well there. If you're thinking on getting one of their kits, I don't think waiting a while would be a good idea.

A little bit of everything. Aircraft, cars, military. If you want a car some are 1/35 scale, some are 1/24. There are a couple Mercedes Benz I want to get. Military style six wheel car. As for model T kits, they have a lot of different variety.

Edited by Racephoto1
Add substance.

There are several very high quality model suppliers in Ukraine I've bought from...styrene, resin, and 3D printed.

But I'm kinda wondering who's going to be making parts under the current circumstances, and what the condition of the national and local postal service is.

2 hours ago, Racephoto1 said:

I recieved an ICM Ford speedster today. Great looking little kit. ICM also has a couple other kits I'll be purchasing. Thing is ICM is based in Kiev, Ukraine ,and things aren't going well there. If you're thinking on getting one of their kits, I don't think waiting a while would be a good idea.

I saw that kit on Model Roundup..looks like a really neat subject. 

Hopefully ICM gets back up and running eventually, but the production of some plastic models pales in comparison to what's happening in Kyiv currently.

Here are some existing topics (additional linked topics inside the below linked topic) discussing ICM kits:

19 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

But I'm kinda wondering who's going to be making parts under the current circumstances, and what the condition of the national and local postal service is.

Guys from USCP are still occasionally active on their Facebook group, they say commercial postal service has, expectedly, been suspended pretty much since day one of the war. All of their team/families and facilities are safe for now. 

ICM, MasterBox, Roden and many more are all located in Ukraine. I ordered the Roden 1/35 US bus kit from Ukraine about 5 days before the invasion.

I fear that these people, that are much like us, are going to loose their way of life, jobs, homes. I just Pray that they make it out alive. 

bus1.jpg

• Like 1

I have an Opel Admiral kit from ICM and a resin commercial Ford truck cab from a small maker. Both great quality. Hope our Ukrainian friends are going to survive this. Huge Ukrainian community in my home town of Milwaukee. Ukrainian churches, Red Cross are excepting donations to help the cause with medical and food supply and other things they may need. One of our members of the forum (Tor Henning) was in Ukraine traveling with his girl friend visiting her family when all this broke out. They made it out crossing into Poland...they are safe.

• Like 3

Have ordered the Masterbox figures direct from Ukraine before and always got a nice note included and I believe a couple of goofy extras thrown in. Makes you feel a little personal connection with these people.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

A few months ago I ordered a semi-expensive Roden model airplane I've wanted for a long time. Glad I did. Now I wish I'd gotten two or three of them. 

Yeah. I’m a Staggerwing whore, so I’ve popped Rodens versions. Amodel does 1/72 exec jets, I’ve gotten a few. Need to grab G550 soon. Great aerobatic stuff, Eagle, Yak50
Is Sword from there also? They did 1/72 Staggerwings. 😍

Just hope people there are safe, able to live and thrive somewhere. Braver souls than us. 

Edited by keyser

12 hours ago, Dave Van said:

The MasterBox stuff is very nice. It shows there are/were some great artist that enjoyed our simple hobby. Ignore my poor painting....the MasterBox figure is much nicer than I can do.

LILLOGGER (11).JPG

Clovis Ledbetter?  Didn't he also have a moving company?  :)  I loved Jerry Clower.

Forgot, it was Marcel Ledbetter

Edited by Deathgoblin
  • Like 1