Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

Snake. It's got to be a 9 out of 10. They are all in great shape. The 1960 Ford wagon looks to have a bit of warpage in the front. Don't want to mess with that as I haven't a clue. And the steering wheel is a little skewed in the 65 galaxy. Might have come like that as I tired to wiggle it and it's in there solid. Like I said there is only 3 missing parts total. Not bad huh?

Great finds!  I have to hit more estate sales. All I've found at estate sales so far are useless knick-knacks.  And board games, which look a lot like model kit boxes from a distance.

On 19/07/2019 at 6:02 AM, moparfarmer said:

When you build it make sure you crack the lower part of the w/shield..Haven't seen one in real life that the w/shield isn't cracked..Read somewhere were it was a factory fault installing it but Yota wouldn't warranty it..

OK Wayne if I get one I'll have to see if I can put that detail in!

On 7/18/2019 at 5:43 PM, Scott Colmer said:

I bought a couple boxes of parts for a decent price. It was really fun to do a bit of styrene archaeology. I knew there were a couple good things in there. At least two of them were from my past, so there was value there.

Here's the money shot. Firebug with  most fo the important parts, 1/20 T altered from when I was a kid. T for Two from that same time period, and parts of a Lil' Mixer, some dune buggy I don't know and parts from the Serpent kit.

IMG_1822-vi.jpg

The Fire Bug is what remains of the ZZR Spy Car, which is a shame.

4 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Got a VW Zender Corrado Cabrio kit from a buddy on Saturday. It is about 3/4 done. Already started some mods on it and probably do a repaint.

Later-

IMG_20190722_090938544.jpg

IMG_20190722_091017726.jpg

Nice score!,i have a couple myself,i started the coupe version years ago,but the engine seemed incomplete and nothing fit to well especially the back suspension and wheels,so back in the box it went!!

Just now, kelson said:

Nice score!,i have a couple myself,i started the coupe version years ago,but the engine seemed incomplete and nothing fit to well especially the back suspension and wheels,so back in the box it went!!

On this one the wheels stuck out about 1/8 inch too much. I removed the nubs on the backs of the wheels to suck them in. Looks much better now.

Got any spare decals? They were the only thing missing. 

Later-

54 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

On this one the wheels stuck out about 1/8 inch too much. I removed the nubs on the backs of the wheels to suck them in. Looks much better now.

Got any spare decals? They were the only thing missing. 

Later-

pm sent.

Spotted these neat little Texaco salt and pepper shakers, shaped like Tokheim model 39 gas pumps; got 'em cheeeep:

5d383ddec9212_texacopumps1.jpg.965f8d5a2d769959f22e71963cb3638e.jpg

5d383ddc35587_texacopumps2.jpg.9ac1d259f58fdd7488b17edd4800ad3c.jpg

From what I could find online, they scale out right around 1/24-1/25 in width and a little taller in height (by maybe 3/16"). I have higher-res scans of the decals I've been cleaning up.

Cool pumps, Chris. The only things I can find at flea markets or "antique" shops here are beat up Remington-Rand typewriters, macaroni art and the same chairs I tossed into the trash two weeks ago. The Salvation Army Thrift and Goodwill Stores, unlike in other locales, don't even sell models or toys. Neither accepts them. :rolleyes:

Small haul from today's flea market.  The 310 backhoe has the engine glued together and painted silver, not a problem since I intend to build it. The Italeri 1/24 scale Jeep is in a ratty box but complete and untouched.  And the off-topic 1/35 scale M35A2 truck is still shrink-wrapped.

The December 1961 issue of "Custom Craft" magazine has 16 pages of model car articles, including a long review and build-up of the Monogram Green Hornet.

The April 1957 copy of "Rod & Custom" has the winners of its model car contest...long before the first 3-in-1 kits hit the market in 1958!  There are lots of customized 1/32 scale AMT/Revell Buicks, Mercurys etc. And hot rods made from the 1/32 "Highway Pioneer" kits.  Amazing stuff.  Later I may scan that article and post it.

7-24-19.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

2 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Small haul from today's flea market.  The 310 backhoe has the engine glued together and painted silver, not a problem since I intend to build it. The Italeri 1/24 scale Jeep is in a ratty box but complete and untouched.  And the off-topic 1/35 scale M35A2 truck is still shrink-wrapped.

The December 1961 issue of "Custom Craft" magazine has 16 pages of model car articles, including a long review and build-up of the Monogram Green Hornet.

The April 1957 copy of "Rod & Custom" has the winners of its model car contest...long before the first 3-in-1 kits hit the market in 1958!  There are lots of customized 1/32 scale AMT/Revell Buicks, Mercurys etc. And hot rods made from the 1/32 "Highway Pioneer" kits.  Amazing stuff.  Later I may scan that article and post it.

7-24-19.jpg

I'd love to have that Jeep! Great score.

Later-

13 minutes ago, 64SS350 said:

Got these Tuesday, and the McLaren today

IMG_20190723_212838969.jpg

Sweet! Congrats on the AMT C2 Vettes, and the '64 Falcon and '65 Mustang. :wub: The early Nomad and Cobra boxes are also Very Most Extremely Way Hella Cool. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...