Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

14 hours ago, HomerS said:

Didn't need it but for $0.50 it came home with me.....

AMT snap.jpg

Pretty cool! I have one of those new in the box I bought cheap about 20 years ago. Someday I'm gonna have to get it out and slap it together. 

14 hours ago, slusher said:

Great score David, I have 4 and they look awesome with models in them!

Thanks Carl. They were made in Binghamton, NY. I was trying to find where so I could buy a couple more. I didn't want to have the cases be different sizes on the wall.

I built one of these many years ago when Aoshima first released it for a friend who worked in R&D at the Land Rover factory in Solihull, he was part of the team that designed the air suspension, I've been waiting for it to be re-released so I can build one for myself, managed to find one at a decent price. 

o3264183614682528900.jpg

Snagged a '62 Falcon Futura this evening, cheap-ish; for once I was the only bidder:

1985777683_62falcon1.jpg.82bce1fbe3cdaca40ac0157016cc3191.jpg

And here's probably why I was the only bidder:

1931668692_62falcon3.jpg.a7d3abed4d18940b7c6da88d41014f40.jpg

So it's getting cut up to provide the basis for a '62 Ranchero conversion - sliced at the base of the A-pillars and at the rear edge of the doors to get better alignment (somebody here did that with a Comet promo and said it was the best way to make it fit the Ranchero).

887802665_62falcon5.jpg.aa6890b3e852dfd3485b34968bd84183.jpg

Bonus: I'll put the B-pillar in a good '62 promo I have that's missing one; the color should match. The Ranchero didn't have front fender spears so I'll just fill the holes.

This is what I was talking about  in the Questions section when I asked about combining Cycolac and styrene. Just didn't want to jinx it until I won the auction. :)

14 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Thanks Carl. They were made in Binghamton, NY. I was trying to find where so I could buy a couple more. I didn't want to have the cases be different sizes on the wall.

I have one Carney case that holds 10 cars and is long good for narrow wall space.i believe my others are from New York.

2 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

I'm a little curious if anyone here has been having problems with USPS delivering your kits to ya???..... I should have had 6 kits delivered to me by the 18th and here I am with nothing on the 29th..... ????

Do you have a USPS Tracking Number?  Go to the USPS website, enter the number and you can see where your stuff is.  If you don't have a Tracking Number yet, the problem may be with your vendor and not the Post Office.

To answer your question, no problems at all.  I've placed quite a few orders with online vendors since March and they've all arrived quickly.  Same for a few eBay items I bought. 

From the other side, I've had an eBay sale running for about a month.  Once I mail the packages, I can follow them on eBay with the Tracking Number.  eBay also reports to me when the package is delivered.  I'm on the East Coast and all the buyers got their stuff pretty quickly, even buyers on the West Coast.

Yes, I have a tracking number for the box... I also asked the vendor to help me look into it.... Seems the box is stuck in some warehouse here in Detroit..... I keep getting the same message that my package is in transit to the next facility.... ?? 

Maybe they'll deliver it tomorrow..... 

Edited by Deuces ll

1 hour ago, Deuces ll said:

Yes, I have a tracking number for the box... I also asked the vendor to help me look into it.... Seems the box is stuck in some warehouse here in Detroit..... I keep getting the same message that my package is in transit to the next facility.... ?? 

Maybe they'll deliver it tomorrow..... 

I've had several do the exact same thing, the tracking would never update and they would just show up sometimes a couple days late. I've also had them arrive at my local dist. center only to be shipped across town and then shipped right back.. 

I ordered a part from Lexington, Ky. It went to Nashville, Tn, then to Montgomery, Al. From there it went to Memphis, Tn. Then, it went back to Nashville, and finally to the house.

Looking at a good old road atlas, one can see that Lawrenceburg, Tn is only about 80 miles south of Nashville. I didn't think I was ever going get that part!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...