Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

57 minutes ago, dbostream said:

At that price it is never wrong to add another one. Do they have more with the "wrong" price? I have been looking for a Trabbi but not found one at a good price.

Sadly no, it was their last one, some time ago I bought 2 from a company called 365 Games for just over £20 each, this one came from a company called Xbite Ltd,  doing a search on Google told me they are the same company  as 365 Games.

3 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Sadly no, it was their last one, some time ago I bought 2 from a company called 365 Games for just over £20 each, this one came from a company called Xbite Ltd,  doing a search on Google told me they are the same company  as 365 Games.

Went to their website there was one left so I snagged it. Thanks for the tip really good price and shipping to Sweden was cheap too. Let's hope it is not lost during shipment...

28 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Went to their website there was one left so I snagged it. Thanks for the tip really good price and shipping to Sweden was cheap too. Let's hope it is not lost during shipment...

Glad I could pass on the tip, I didn't check the stock on 365 Games website, I'm not sure how they can sell them at that price, they usually send their parcels out with Royal Mail tracked, I bought this one from Xbites Ebay store, which was listed as there last one.

Edited by GeeBee

11 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

Glad I could pass on the tip, I didn't check the stock on 365 Games website, I'm not sure how they can sell them at that price, they usually send their parcels out with Royal Mail tracked, I bought this one from Xbites Ebay store, which was listed as there last one.

According to their website it is part of the Mid-Year Sale, normal price is £26.99 so 50% off.

The wife needed to go to Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago, and forced me to go with her,? lol. I was on my best behavior and was rewarded with these, the Amt 1969 Olds 442, and the Revell '68 Chevelle ?. The Chevelle called to me, even though I told myself that I didn't  need the '68 after knowing the '69 release was coming soon ?. Gotta love the 40% off coupon, $18 for the 442 and $15 for the Chevelle +tax?.

She also gave her approval on another kit after I mentioned about a box-art build-off in a Facebook group I'm in, but didn't have anything in my stash that tickled my fancy for that theme. My choice was the Revell Sox & Martin 1967 Plymouth GTX. I found one on ebay for less than $20 from a seller that offers a great combined shipping rate, so I sweet-talked her into letting me get another kit, the Revell Shelby Cobra 427 S/C for less than $20 also, so I can do part two of my long-term Gumball Rally project. Oh yeah, she's a keeper for going on 25 years together now!

DSCN4487.JPG

DSCN4557.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

Got a 1969 Charger by Nonogram in 1/32nd scale. Assembled but not painted. Glue was pretty heavy and the interior won't come out. Chrome is good and easily popped out. I think the glass is toast but that is easily remedied. Got the frame out but it cracked near the front. Luckily I happened to have a sppare chassis in green. The new one is orange.

14 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Another Trabant joins the stash,  I really wasn't looking for another, but in my defence it only cost me £13.89 ($18) I thought they had got the price wrong and was expecting them to cancel the order, but it arrived this morning 

20200710_104435.jpg

What country makes this car, Geoff?

I finally got this one! Now I have the complete set of late 40s Monogram CO2 racers. It came with sand paper, a catalog I had not seen before, and the decals are in tact. It was missing one tire (as advertised) but I am pretty sure I have a couple extra in an old junkyard kit. I'm really jazzed about this one.

I also picked up some CO2 cartages for the fun of it. The first kit I bought in this series came with the tool that is used to puncture the cartridge. I'll have to go racing some day.

IMG_2292-vi.jpg

On 7/9/2020 at 7:11 AM, ranma said:

Went to Hobby Lobby for a few display cases (Fit's over sized 1/18 auto's or 1/25 Semi Truck's. Then found the New re-issued Ford snow plow, and I think they miss priced the kit! So with  my smart phone in hand to use the digital 40% off of the kit made it $14.99!!!!

DSC04907.JPG

DSC04908.JPG

Hmm...I bought one at HL yesterday and it was $26.99. After 40%, it was $17.61. Still a great deal regardless, and even $26.99 is a steal! 

I have a thing for '55 & '56 Fords. Have owned a bunch of 1:1's over the years and of course kits of the same. Picked up this reissue to add to my ever growing car kit stash. I built it once before, I'll likely build this one too.

20200712_034208.jpg

7 hours ago, RSchnell said:

I have a thing for '55 & '56 Fords. Have owned a bunch of 1:1's over the years and of course kits of the same. Picked up this reissue to add to my ever growing car kit stash. I built it once before, I'll likely build this one too.

20200712_034208.jpg

Nice.  Is that a 1/25 or 1/32 scale model?

7 hours ago, RSchnell said:

20200712_034208.jpg

I built one of these far longer ago than I care to admit. I think Revell also offered a '56 Ford F100, a Chrysler Newport , a Buick and a Cadillac also in the same series. The bodies were all very well done especially compared to what you could get at the time.   

8 hours ago, RSchnell said:

1A24D1EA-4FB9-4ECE-951A-2C9AA07E5194.jpeg.9e758f425380ff881c0444c42d70ed5d.jpeg

Since you are into 55 & 56 Fords here are a pair.  Friends of mine built them.  The Vic is a very nice kit you will enjoy building. The tooling is mid 1960s and the opening doors are a bit fiddly. 1/25 scale

The wagon was a diecast and was stripped and rebuilt as a Ranch Wagon. It’s 1/24 scale.

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

1A24D1EA-4FB9-4ECE-951A-2C9AA07E5194.jpeg.9e758f425380ff881c0444c42d70ed5d.jpeg

Since you are into 55 & 56 Fords here are a pair.  Friends of mine built them.  The Vic is a very nice kit you will enjoy building. The tooling is mid 1960s and the opening doors are a bit fiddly. 1/25 scale

The wagon was a diecast and was stripped and rebuilt as a Ranch Wagon. It’s 1/24 scale.

Nice! I have one of those Orange Krisp diecasts to do just what your friend did. I probably built 10 of the AMT '56 kits when i was a kid. Somewhere I still have a couple from all those years back.

1 hour ago, RSchnell said:

Nice! I have one of those Orange Krisp diecasts to do just what your friend did. I probably built 10 of the AMT '56 kits when i was a kid. Somewhere I still have a couple from all those years back.

Great! Since you are recently back to the hobby I wanted to make sure you knew about these!

Stumbled onto this Holy Grail kit last week locally on Facebook.

1955 AMT 1/25 scale 3 car assembly kit (essentially three un-assembled promos with bottles of and and brushes).

Despite some warp the condition of the two remaining kits is amazing. The shine on the plastic and the complete lack of oxidation on the bumpers and chassis plates makes me wonder where that has been stored for the last 65 years.

55 Three car assembly kit.jpg

3cak-02.jpg

3cak-01.jpg

1 hour ago, Carmak said:

Stumbled onto this Holy Grail kit last week locally on Facebook.

1955 AMT 1/25 scale 3 car assembly kit (essentially three un-assembled promos with bottles of and and brushes).

Despite some warp the condition of the two remaining kits is amazing. The shine on the plastic and the complete lack of oxidation on the bumpers and chassis plates makes me wonder where that has been stored for the last 65 years.

55 Three car assembly kit.jpg

3cak-02.jpg

3cak-01.jpg

That is nice! Have never seen one before. 

Did a little bidding, a lot of watching, and picked up a savable '59 T-bird body:

181933352_59t-birdbody1.jpg.bde236e7c56e4d00ee0dd33c9fc88c2d.jpg

Adding it to my Squarebird junkpile (a '59 interior, two '60 convertible bodies, one '60 chassis and a complete but warped-as-usual '60 promo) it looks like I have almost enough to do that two-seater extended-wheelbase flower car conversion.

Also got windows for the Hubley '60 Ford wagon to replace the glass that got ruined in the purple pond - a $14.99 mistake :angry:. Got outbid on a rear bumper, so still looking...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...