Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Some resin bodies I got over the last month.  From ‘Too Many Projects’—a ‘72 Plymouth Fury 4 dr and a ‘72 Dodge Polara/Monaco 2dr ht.    And from ‘A&J Resins’ a ‘68 Impala 2dr Custom Coupe (incl  hidden headlight grille) and a ‘90-92 Cadillac Brougham 4dr.  

EFC4A595-A1AD-47C0-8E82-661007DD1EDD.jpeg

6B9013D6-91DB-496B-9568-5ADC090FAB58.jpeg

5854335D-9118-45E3-853F-08DC12D725DF.jpeg.5078303718549ea6fb5e02bf569be2ee.jpeg

On it’s way!

Funny story.. the other day in someone’s under glass thread for this kit, I commented that it had gone up over $100 and that was too much for me for this kit. Then on a whim I checked eBay and there were a few for more than $100. Then I spotted this one on a Buy It Now for $59. It also had a Make Offer and I bid $45 and seller came back at $50 so I bought it.

Just picked all of this up from a local guy on FB Marketplace. Some are complete and some are started with possible parts missing. The Race team is missing the flopper car and the SL 300 looks to have two complete cars in the box. 

I don't build semi stuff but got it for sale/trade fodder.

Also stopped on the way home and picked up 9 cans of paint on clearance for $27.

The race team box had  an application for Class C or D Station License in the Citizen Radio Service and temporary permit paperwork for Class D Citizen Radio Station from 1975 and 1976  and a fold out paper diagram of how to install a CB in your 1/2 ton pickup! 

Later-

IMG_20200713_121412139_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200713_115755817.jpg

IMG_20200713_123602213.jpg

43 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Just picked all of this up from a local guy on FB Marketplace. Some are complete and some are started with possible parts missing. The Race team is missing the flopper car and the SL 300 looks to have two complete cars in the box. 

I don't build semi stuff but got it for sale/trade fodder.

Also stopped on the way home and picked up 9 cans of paint on clearance for $27.

The race team box had  an application for Class C or D Station License in the Citizen Radio Service and temporary permit paperwork for Class D Citizen Radio Station from 1975 and 1976  and a fold out paper diagram of how to install a CB in your 1/2 ton pickup! 

Later-

IMG_20200713_121412139_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200713_115755817.jpg

IMG_20200713_123602213.jpg

Shhhhh,  dont advertise them. ?

Picked up a load of Tamiya TS cans and Humbrol/Revell enamel pots from a local model shop at the weekend, good to see them open again.

This lot came in today's post:

image.jpeg.597af29f0ac895d4bc13d3e3bfc6633b.jpeg

Matchbox/AMT box was a surprise, it contained the Owens Corning Corvette 427 which was purchased unboxed but it appears to be fully complete. Nice wheels with it, and it appears to be something I can build as hi-po road car with a bit of rummaging through the parts box.

Thunderbird will probably be an engine donor, the supercharged V6 would go nicely into an AMT Ford Courier build I'm planning - someone had already assembled it, as expected it's slightly shorter than the Courier's 4-cyl engine. I'm not immediately getting excited by the rest of the kit, although I am wondering if its IRS set-up could swap into an earlier Mustang/Thunderbird?

Honda City is one I've built before, but it got melted by the sun.  This is the the third replacement I've bought (one picked up some damage in transit), I'm determined to have another go at it! This appears to be an old 1980s issue.

5 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Some resin bodies I got over the last month.  From ‘Too Many Projects’—a ‘72 Plymouth Fury 4 dr and a ‘72 Dodge Polara/Monaco 2dr ht.    And from ‘A&J Resins’ a ‘68 Impala 2dr Custom Coupe (incl  hidden headlight grille) and a ‘90-92 Cadillac Brougham 4dr.  

Could you show what else comes with these bodies? I've been thinking about his 69 Polara

5 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

6B9013D6-91DB-496B-9568-5ADC090FAB58.jpeg

Those are really nice Rob!

5 minutes ago, Danno said:

How's the quality, scale, and fidelity?

The Mopars are quite nice.  The caster (Robert Burns) posts on here occasionally.   The Impala and Cadillac (from A&J Resins) need a bit of cleanup.  The Cadillac will work w/ the Revell Custom Coupe de Ville. 

2 minutes ago, slusher said:

What donor would be a good donee for the Polara?

I have heard of people using the JoHan ‘68 Fury, but those aren’t easy to find.  I’m thinking of using an MPC ‘77 Monaco, the chassis and interior tub fit, will need to lengthen the wheelbase a bit by moving back the rear axle...

4 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

The Mopars are quite nice.  The caster (Robert Burns) posts on here occasionally.   The Impala and Cadillac (from A&J Resins) need a bit of cleanup.  The Cadillac will work w/ the Revell Custom Coupe de Ville. 

Thanks, Rob.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...