Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

This landed on my doorstep today. Just as pictured. The rear of the toneau cover is glued but I don't think it will be hard to remove. I love the wheels on this. The pink paint has to go! I'm picturing it in Gloss white with dark blue racing stripes and dark red interior.

Later-

IMG_20200701_174146395.jpg

IMG_20200701_174156571.jpg

IMG_20200701_174235665.jpg

IMG_20200701_174214637.jpg

IMG_20200701_174508744.jpg

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Don't think I've ever heard that word used that way, but I think we all know exactly what you mean. B)

Sort of goes along with performing plastic surgery....in scale.

The MPC Mail Box chopper that I ordered weeks ago arrived - ironically my Mail Box chopper got stuck in USPS sorting office hell for over a month but appeared eventually.  On the decal sheet - “We’re faster than email” ?

B6348FE9-A824-4EAE-A65C-DCDC5F727E75.thumb.jpeg.9fef24386f9c313ca610f61e06ef756d.jpeg

And a follower on my Instagram sent me a message after I did a post at the weekend about seeing the cool Indian Larry Ed Roth tribute bike in my neighborhood...

5825F4D4-8F53-4408-88B5-4C9F72F2DBDB.thumb.jpeg.3ceb8e5185bd16812aca21a7315ff6df.jpeg

...and said “I have something you might like - what’s your address?”.  This arrived today - a beautiful compilation of Ed Roth builds, art, stories and more.  And a tonne of reference photos for future model builds!

56E5248F-6BBA-45C9-AE39-88907A741B73.thumb.jpeg.faa4316b0647c9b1dcedf7a707eab472.jpeg

I was really touched - people can be so awesome!

Gotta love it when someone is that nice CabDriver! Cool!
Picked these up yesterday. All complete and all but one of the trio sealed inside.

Won the Dodge pickup off of eBay yesterday too. Paid the going rate but more than I wanted to.

Later-

IMG_20200701_203941987.jpg

Screenshot_20200702-081631.png

Edited by Modlbldr

Picked up a couple of my ‘grails’ over the last few weeks for a decent price on eBay.  Had to wait a couple of months for the Nissan to get here from Australia but it was worth it. The Toyota was a good example for eBay patience. The opening bid was too high and no one was biding so I waited until it expired and was relisted with a more reasonable opener and surprisingly ended up being the only bidder.  It’s funny how you can get all caught up in a must have kit that no one else wants.

059269D3-DF69-457B-9778-B7251531575B.jpeg

9 hours ago, FredRPG said:

Picked up a couple of my ‘grails’ over the last few weeks for a decent price on eBay.  Had to wait a couple of months for the Nissan to get here from Australia but it was worth it. The Toyota was a good example for eBay patience. The opening bid was too high and no one was biding so I waited until it expired and was relisted with a more reasonable opener and surprisingly ended up being the only bidder.  It’s funny how you can get all caught up in a must have kit that no one else wants.

Brilliant to see those kits on here Fred, I have them too! Toyota is the same, but my Nissan has different box art.

They have some amusing accessories like scuba diving gear, R/C helicopter, surfboard etc.

I recently tried to get a different Toyota van in the same series, but it went higher than my my initial bid and I didn't want to get into a bidding war over it.

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Brilliant to see those kits on here Fred, I have them too! Toyota is the same, but my Nissan has different box art.

They have some amusing accessories like scuba diving gear, R/C helicopter, surfboard etc.

I recently tried to get a different Toyota van in the same series, but it went higher than my my initial bid and I didn't want to get into a bidding war over it.

I think there is at least two versions of each. The accessories are interesting each one has a little cupboard/stove combo with table and chairs as well. I’m still amazed that I was the only bidder on each, especially as rare as it is to see them for sale.

Edited by FredRPG

Wanted the Satellite but had to buy the lot to get it.  Only the Thunderbolt is open but appears complete

They had the Earnhardt car listed only as a die cast (the listing only showed a generic box).  I wasn't expecting an older Chrysler (kinda nice for being a bank)

Models.jpg

Bank.jpg

16 hours ago, FredRPG said:

I think there is at least two versions of each. The accessories are interesting each one has a little cupboard/stove combo with table and chairs as well. I’m still amazed that I was the only bidder on each, especially as rare as it is to see them for sale.

Just had a look at mine, the interior is really neat. This is my version of the Nissan:

50073716153_314211abab_b.jpg

1:24 Dragon Nissan Caravan E20 kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

It was given to me by a friend, it will get built one day.

And what I received in the last day or two:

50074287871_e32d64a9a0_b.jpg

1:24 Tamiya Honda S2000 (TypeV) kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

50074535247_22d6b5951a_b.jpg

1:24 Monogram Miller Buick Stock Car + kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

50074535207_b54178516f_b.jpg

1:24 Tamiya Subaru Impreza WRC kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Shame the decals have cracked and it's suffered a bit of light damage underneath, but the paintwork is very good and it was built to a pretty decent standard. Might just remove the decal and light pod, give it a polish and get it back together rather than completely strip it.

6 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Just had a look at mine, the interior is really neat. This is my version of the Nissan:

I've never seen that Nissan van kit in a Dragon box.  That's really interesting.  The old versions of the Aoshima Subaru Sambar "kei" van also came with SCUBA gear, surfboard, roof rack, rubber raft and an interior console with a stove (at least I think it's a stove).  That old Sambar kit was also released as a red-and-white Japanese Post Office van.  It had the same accessories but didn't show them on the box.  Aoshima later re-tooled and modernized its Sambar kits, which are completely different from the older kits. AFAIK they don't have any of the neat accessories.

sambar_.jpg

Edited by Mike999
omit

On 7/2/2020 at 8:01 PM, FredRPG said:

059269D3-DF69-457B-9778-B7251531575B.jpeg

Aw man! Those are gold!! Nice score on some pretty rare stuff. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...