Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

4 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Thx there from my late friend that passed away two years ago.

Sorry about that. Rough way to get some good kits. I'm going through that now..

Never seen the bike. Would love to find a Warlock or Pumping Iron.

Later-

8 hours ago, PatW said:

I like the T Bone Stake and the Patent Pending, kits we never got in the UK!

There was also a Taxi, and maybe one more I cannot remember!   Interesting but basically all the same kit with dif bodies on top. Old MPC from back in the day, don’t think the tools exist today..

16 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

There was also a Taxi, and maybe one more I cannot remember!   Interesting but basically all the same kit with dif bodies on top. Old MPC from back in the day, don’t think the tools exist today..

They were all Revell kits Meter cheater ,Der  Guber wagon, Moon mixer, T bone stake, and the patent pending.

I got myself a pickup jamboree today. 

At hobby lobby they had the sale so i got the following

2x revell big game gmc pickup

1x revell 76 chevy stepside

Amazon delivered an unwarped amt 1978 ford f150

Autoworld delivered the limited edition exclusive of the ford courier stepside with the flames on the box. 

I most happy about the unwarped 78 ford amt. That brought me a lot of grief this weekend where i went to hobby lobby 3 times trying to get onevthat wasn't warped. finally i comtacted round2 for parts replacement 

16 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

It's a shame Tom that tolling on numerous kits has been destroyed, when we could enjoy them today.

19 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Bought off Ebay, my first ever pick-up model

20210614_131133.jpg.dd6d89c8fd5ac40e25deb5db841bdb48.jpg

Just remember on these early issues the side windows are shaped wrong. The bottom sill isn't to slope upwards toward the windshield at all. It should be parallel to the ground front to rear. An easy fix.

Edited by lordairgtar

3 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

Just remember on these early issues the side windows are shaped wrong. The bottom sill isn't to slope upwards toward the windshield at all. It should be parallel to the ground front to rear. An easy fix.

Thanks for letting me know this Gregg. I haven't looked at it very closely yet. Hope I can fix it.

3 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Some kits showed up today, the BMW was in transit for about two weeks, the other kits came from HLJ, they left Japan Monday, transit time less than 48 hours. 
U8b9aEE.jpg

I like the VW Bus Jonathan, please post it whe you build it.

• Like 1

44BE7B82-F3A3-48B1-8630-2F3A4217CCA3.jpeg.929316403b4057379471c100e21aa7c9.jpeg

Quick trip to HL this afternoon since it’s 40% off week!

I don’t have to open the kits since they’re duplicates, but I got them for anticipated projects.  I want to do a Landy pickup.  The Shelby kit I had got parted out, the chassis etc is under my Falcon Stocker and I got the idea that I want to add a Mustang stocker to the set!

Also needed Testors Flat Black and Dullcote, my go to staples on nearly every project. I also got back up glue, because if I have a new one, the near empty old one will last forever.. but if I didn’t have one, I’d run out on a Sunday!

9 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I also got back up glue, because if I have a new one, the near empty old one will last forever.. but if I didn’t have one, I’d run out on a Sunday!

I'd advise putting it in the refrigerator. If you don't, when you finally need it, it's likely to be a solid mass. 

19 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Thanks for letting me know this Gregg. I haven't looked at it very closely yet. Hope I can fix it.

It's just pure luck of the draw, whether you have a "good" or "bad" body.  I have a '55 Stepside like yours and a '55 Cameo.  Both have the "bad" body with the slanted windows.  At some point in the kit run, AMT caught the error and corrected it.  

But as Gregg said, it's a pretty easy fix with some narrow strip plastic.  Or look for a cheap AMT '57 Cameo, it's the same body and all those had the right windows.  If all else fails, get a resin body and convert it to a panel truck!

6 minutes ago, sfhess said:

HL run today.  64 Cutlass vert and a 70 Firebird.  40% off.

Nice. I wish Hobby Lobby was better at updating their Model section On-line. It's a 100 mile round trip to go there and don't want to waste my time if the newer releases are not there. I would just order them on line.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...