Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 12/24/2020 at 4:19 AM, GeeBee said:

These two arrived this morning, separately, the E Type was supplied by Revell UK for a review build for the Scale Modelling Now magazine. 

20201223_130316.jpg

20201223_173848.jpg

For what it’s worth, I was working on the seat decals on my camper this arvo, and the instructions have the numbers for them mixed up. I’m sure you’ll cope ok though ?

20 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Got these today. Four display cases. $60 a piece which I think is a bargain. If he still has them next month when my check comes in I might by more.image0-2.thumb.jpeg.8dab887d5f1ac978ffe9bb059a2a615e.jpegJust needed some cleaning up. 

image1.jpeg

Where did you get the cases from? 

10 hours ago, Plashdaddy said:

For what it’s worth, I was working on the seat decals on my camper this arvo, and the instructions have the numbers for them mixed up. I’m sure you’ll cope ok though ?

Thanks for the heads up, with the projects I've got on the go and on the back-burner, it will be sometime before I get to start one, unless I get asked by Revell to build one for a magazine. 

Most of the photos I've seen of the original Westfalia campers had plain interiors, not patterned like those decals supplied, so I'm not sure which way I'll be going. 

6014_161_0.jpg

Got this resin piece from Jimmy Flintstone . Nicely done . It caught my eye because I thought it was interesting . I will grab a steering wheel from my parts box . I will need to provide axels and wheels and tires . Any ideas on tires and wheels would look good? 

ADE4DC18-B223-43DB-8467-41B8E8A3DC53.jpeg

D409F207-D46D-406C-918C-23621E55802F.jpeg

68FA7331-C3DE-4AE8-84E0-5EFE1D23E98C.jpeg

A3B28024-9401-4BE1-B5D8-9C80281F8657.jpeg

After having been in a local Hobbytown today, when I got home I found this (with receipt of course...I'm not implying or joking that I stole it ? ) stowed away and hiding under a blanket in the back of the FJ where the wife wouldn't see it, sneaky thing, I was just as shocked as she was when she caught me bringing it in the house ?

IMG_5064.JPG

Edited by Olskoolrodder

7 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got this resin piece from Jimmy Flintstone . Nicely done . It caught my eye because I thought it was interesting . I will grab a steering wheel from my parts box . I will need to provide axels and wheels and tires . Any ideas on tires and wheels would look good? 

ADE4DC18-B223-43DB-8467-41B8E8A3DC53.jpeg

D409F207-D46D-406C-918C-23621E55802F.jpeg

68FA7331-C3DE-4AE8-84E0-5EFE1D23E98C.jpeg

A3B28024-9401-4BE1-B5D8-9C80281F8657.jpeg

Ray, great looking piece...

39 minutes ago, Olskoolrodder said:

After having been in a local Hobbytown today, when I got home I found this (with receipt of course...I'm not implying or joking that I stole it ? ) stowed away and hiding under a blanket in the back of the FJ where the wife wouldn't see it, sneaky thing, I was just as shocked as she was when she caught me bringing it in the house ?

IMG_5064.JPG

How did she take it? ?

15 hours ago, cobraman said:

Ray, I believe this is a heavily modified Hot Wheels Car Transporter/carry case - I found two of them cheap at a thrift shop here in Perth.  Finding one would give you a chromed grille.  The wheels on the toy were fixed, and are large diameter chromed billet style truck wheels.  Me, I would be looking at the large diameter steels from the AMT Black Force Slammer kit.

Edited by alan barton

Steve @ Star Models let me know a few days ago that the 57 Chevrolet Bel Air Sports Sedan was available again, I've been after one for a while, as I've another AMT 57 Bel Air that I didn't want to build OOB, as I've already built one (it's 99.9% finished)

Ordered one this morning, looking forward to getting it.....

FF3CBFD3-928C-4D62-B7FD-2347681C633B.jpg

No pic but I finally got my Christmas package from my sister in Maryland. MPC's "Spirit of '57" Chevy kit. She knows my taste when it comes to model kits better than my wife. Told her I've been wanting to do that kit again for years. 

A bit of history why I say that. My sister & I used to do model kits back in our youth years all the time. We both amassed a nice collection of builds but sadly no more now.

She did mentioned out of the blue a couple months ago reminiscing the years of our youth doing models on our front porch during the summer months and my grandparents' basement.

An idea came up that she'd like to do models with me again. Oh heck, yeah! 

So now, I've been looking around eBay finding a kit she used to do so when she's able to visit me in New York, we will start again.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...