Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

11 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Spotted at the local hardware store - right hand drive too!

BF80A91B-7369-4FF0-B7E0-12D9D70C29A0.jpeg

3276D1DA-D4C2-4B97-BC42-B5584EF13E99.jpeg

74FE3550-F18A-4DE4-8C9F-631D6500288C.jpeg

Interesting looking old Morris Minor. I notice the wheels are from something else. I don't know the spacing on the bolt pattern, but have seen where many different manufacturers will use a common wheel bolt patterns thus making wheel upgrade easier. 

3 hours ago, espo said:

Interesting looking old Morris Minor. I notice the wheels are from something else. I don't know the spacing on the bolt pattern, but have seen where many different manufacturers will use a common wheel bolt patterns thus making wheel upgrade easier. 

Looks like MG Sprite bits. Though B not out of question. Looks more 13” it seems. Looks nice on there for cheap. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, espo said:

As the old saying goes "If you have to ask you can't afford it anyway", 

I know they are north of $100k, but wanted to see how much and if it a 'market adjustment' sticker.

Dash looks like they slapped a couple laptop screens on the dash and the controls were  GM parts bin.  Back half looks like a reimaged Avalanche.  For the hype, I expected more.....

Saw a '55 Chevy series 150 four door sedan yesterday. What makes this particular car rather unique was not the car I self but rather the setting it is in. It's setting inside the fence area of an assisted living facility. In particular it is used as a "memory trigger" for those there for memory assistance therapy. Pretty cool concept overall. There are many other objects there for same purpose but I thought the car was rather unique.

• Like 1

This morning I was going to my dentist and in the lane beside me there was a car transporter  loaded with some new cars and the following 3 classics from the 50's and 60's: Jaguar XK140 FHC, Series 1 E-Type and  Porsche 356 Speedster . I never expected to see such cars here - unfortunately no photos (I was on my way to a tooth extraction), but this sight really made my day!

52 minutes ago, mgbdriver said:

X-51 on the streets in Portland

E7EDDD9E-0CC8-4FAF-86E8-5A4020D00A6F.jpeg

981CF72D-A0CE-4301-8EC9-7891C268A792.png

That Kustom dates back to the '50's and '60's if it's the original. This one first appeared in the old R & C little pages and the main feature was the channeled body not to mention the fins. Either this is a reproduction, or someone has had the original freshened up to look like it has just been built. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

That Kustom dates back to the '50's and '60's if it's the original. This one first appeared in the old R & C little pages and the main feature was the channeled body not to mention the fins. Either this is a reproduction, or someone has had the original freshened up to look like it has just been built. 

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Ron_Courtney's_1951_Ford

1 hour ago, espo said:

The original was built by Bill Hines and was called "The Bat".........