Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

4 hours ago, JollySipper said:

That's cool...... B) and you used semi-gloss on the walls, that means you can wipe down the walls with a wet rag if needed (can't do that to flat paint....)

In addition to making it a lot easier to keep clean the semi-gloss finish reflects the overhead lights. In stead of a dark hole it becomes a well lite area to do anything else like cleaning the vehicles or even finding anything you drop. The overhead fans are next to help cool the area in the summer. 

5 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

OK, "My" Kildeer eggs hatched, 3 chicks likely just hatched within the last few hours. These little guys venture from the nest very quickly 

20210531_132946(0).jpg.406da8bc747621e6ce76d1934016b583.jpg20210531_133324.jpg.bb1022cf9d3bbbd6810cb05462754359.jpg20210531_133332.jpg.2c6e5060c6ac3b90917bbd994de8be53.jpg

Update:  All three are running around the yard while Mom and Dad keep watch.

On 5/30/2021 at 10:09 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Today was our 40th Anniversary!  My wife did a Facebook photo video, man talk about your life flashing before your eyes!

Congratulations Tom!

12 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

OK, "My" Kildeer eggs hatched, 3 chicks likely just hatched within the last few hours. These little guys venture from the nest very quickly 

20210531_132946(0).jpg.406da8bc747621e6ce76d1934016b583.jpg20210531_133324.jpg.bb1022cf9d3bbbd6810cb05462754359.jpg20210531_133332.jpg.2c6e5060c6ac3b90917bbd994de8be53.jpg

I hope they make it and nothing catches them..

I somehow wound up with a broken jalousie (awning) window in my trailer. I had to deliver the frame to the glass shop in order to get one made. It is tempered glass and I just got it back today after 4weeks wait. I had a heck of a time getting it out and was very apprehensive about getting it back in...but it slipped right into place with no issues!😁

it was the silliest thing i had ever seen. however, to the employee at mcdonalds, i imgine it would show up on the what irked you today

i was at the mcdonalds drive thru and the car in front of me was at the pay window. the person paid, got their change, and then just sat there. sat for like 1.5 minutes. finally the worker told them they need to go to the next window to pick up their food. the person drove forward to the next window, and then just started honking their horn. 

i get the impression they have never been to a drive thru before and didnt understand how it works

Edited by youpey

Probably more along the lines of never having been through a McDonald's drive thru and not knowing there are 2 windows. I don't eat McDonald's. It's disgusting "food", but my wife wanted something so we went through the drive thru. I was driving. After my wife placed her order I proceeded to drive around the corner to the window.  I see a car ahead getting their food so I pull up behind it. It was only when the employee looked at me like I had 2 heads as I tried to pay did I find out they have a pay window and pick-up window. I wasn't looking for a pay window as I had never been through a drive thru that had 2 windows. I don't eat a lot of fast food so I don't go through a lot of drive-thrus. And as Leo Getz said "they **** you at the drive thru".

6 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

I don't eat McDonald's. It's disgusting "food",

While not providing any nutritional value and probably not even potatoes, I really like McDonald's fries.

That does sound like someone who doesn't understand how the drive-thru works. I don't blame them, you never know when it is someones first time doing something. Even something as commonplace as using a fast food drive-thru. The same thing happens on this board. People are always posting trucks in the car section. I always give the benefit of the doubt, that they post there because they don't know there are truck sections. 😉

My son likes to build Gundams. He needed to go to the hobby shop, and my daughter went with him. She also builds Gundams. She came back with a motorcycle kit to go with one of her other figures. Her husband was actually pleased. He doesn't build models, but he builds lots of other stuff. 

Our hobby is still alive, but it's morphing. 

we are supposed to pick up my  brother in law from the airport. his flight is delayed mid air because of a storm.  however, we werent leaving yet so we didnt leave yet. HOWEVER, my revell bronco and buggy kit came today, and because of the flight delay i was able to get the package and open it right away.

i am waiting to open the bags to look at the kit closely until tomorrow, when i have more time. 

On 6/4/2021 at 12:51 PM, Xingu said:

While not providing any nutritional value and probably not even potatoes, I really like McDonald's fries.

That does sound like someone who doesn't understand how the drive-thru works. I don't blame them, you never know when it is someones first time doing something. Even something as commonplace as using a fast food drive-thru. The same thing happens on this board. People are always posting trucks in the car section. I always give the benefit of the doubt, that they post there because they don't know there are truck sections. 😉

In today's climate not necessarily the situation.  My local Bojangles has only one drive-up window, whereas the McDonald's has two, yet because of shortage of help only one is open.  Both these places in the next town have two windows and both are opened.  So I place the blame on the person taking the order for not giving the buyer directions as to which window to go to.

1 minute ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Much better. Looks good. Didja use ol' magic Por-15 on that?

yeap.  that's the black paint in the third pic.  also used KBS rust blast to neutralize what was left after i wire brushed the loose flaky stuff off.  this should take care of any rust issues around the windows for a looooong time.