Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

4 minutes ago, atomicholiday said:

The Firebird kit seems vaguely familiar.   Is that a snap kit?

I looked the box over. It doesn't say. It does say you will need paint. They are all the Custom Cruiser line. I think they can only be made like the photo on the front.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, atomicholiday said:

The Firebird kit seems vaguely familiar.   Is that a snap kit?

It's a old Revell tool that saw life as the CHiPs kit  and others. IIRC it is related to this Camaro, which is a sorry kit.....semi snap.....but needs glue to hold it together.....

81CAMARO (3).JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

It's a old Revell tool that saw life as the CHiPs kit  and others. IIRC it is related to this Camaro, which is a sorry kit.....semi snap.....but needs glue to hold it together.....

81CAMARO (3).JPG

I have that one and after opening the box decided not to mess with it any further.

Yours is making me rethink that decision.  Man, that looks great!👍 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, atomicholiday said:

I have that one and after opening the box decided not to mess with it any further.

Yours is making me rethink that decision.  Man, that looks great!👍 

Thanks just do not look to close!!!! It's the Fast Times movie car that I wanted minimum effort. Note new wheels and tires too!!! Thanks

• Like 2

I scored these at Ollie's this morning... funny  story... I practically had to beg and plead to get these. I was walking out of the bathroom at the back of the store and glanced in the back, seen the Viking codes and descriptions on the contents on a pallet...I got an employee's attention to open them up, he then got the manager's approval to open the cases up. The manager would only sell me the three I identified and only one per case! That's Crazy unheard of... the Ollie's rule is within 48hrs of unloading the shipment, it must be on the floor. That's policy. (They've had the shipment since before Black Friday) and there's cases and cases of even more options. These are only the ones I pointed out! The manager said flat out he couldn't let me buy more than that. He's sketchy What's going on here? 😆  Anyway, I'm just happy to get these. The 57 Vette, 56 chevy, and the other ones I haven't identified will be bought whenever he gets them out. 🤨😄

20231201_092642.jpg

Edited by disconovaman
  • Like 2

Van Wert Ohio Ollie's Model kits: Hot wheels Camaro, Mach 5 speed racer, 1/32 green hornet car, IMC Truck Trailer, Wacky racer car ( not sure which one), 65 Pontiac Bonneville, Coca Cola Plymouth, a couple Coca Cola 72 chevy Pickup's, 63 Nova wagon, 1/32 T-Bird, 1/32 Ford Model A, Star Trek Wrath of Khan Reliant, Star Trek Discovery ENTERPRISE 1701, The only new addition is the '70 Ford Galaxie Taxi kits.. Seem's the Pontiac, Hot wheels Camaro, Mach 5, and the Star Trek kit's aren't moving well.

• Like 2

Dam% you Ollie's. I am trying to downsize my collection and I stopped by my local Ollie's today to get some bird feed suet. Last time I was down there all they had was the Fruehauf flat bed, some Dodge slammers and a few 1/32 T-Birds. Different story today:

20231202_131108.jpg

They also had one Chevy II AWB and some of the 007 '71 Mustangs plus the Fruehauf flat beds, Dodge Slammers, and a few weird ones: Speedracer and Monopoly something or the other.  Just couldn't resist these prices, takes me back to the end of last century and the beginning of this one.  Will I build them - maybe, but they will be far down the line around the time I will be taking a dirt nap.

Edited by TarheelRick

Some mentions the huge wing on the back of the Firebird. That isn’t attached so you can build it without it. The Nomad kit. You have to cut the hood. So that leaves an option to build it more stock though I didn’t see a stock air cleaner in there. The Camaro is as pictured on the front.

Well, the saga continues, I posted about the Manager who didn't want to sell me any models yesterday, Well they were frantically trying to get them on the floor this morning... because according to a member of our local model club (Joel) who is friends with the manager (Matt) at the Ollie's in Lexington (30 minutes south of this Ollie's). Joel told Matt the story and Matt wasn't happy, he called cooperate and reported the incident, Yikes! They weren't happy, Cooperate called the Waynesboro store and they were told to get the inventory on the floor ASAP!  Here is the inventory (and more that you cant see in this  picture) that is now on the floor at our local Ollie's thanks to a manager at a completely different Ollie's store. 😆 

IMG_9928.jpg

• Like 2