Model Cars Magazine Forum

Life with cats. Does anyone else have this happen to them?

11 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

Indeed!! I'm unfortunately rather allergic to cats and many dogs but still love 'em. My little buddy has hair so I can deal with him better, besides he seems to like to get involved in my projects.

FB_IMG_1513147733695_1.jpg

He seems very interested in your project. Pets are real companions!

O.K.  heres the thing....... I started out with 2 cat's ....... but then this happened.

It's the Bishop

DSCF0010.jpg

He's not too playful anymore so he's allowed in the shop.

NEXT   Mily, she tends to ignore my stuff so she is allowed.

DSCF0007.jpg

This is Edgar Allen Housecat. He just wants to sit in my lap.... ALL THE TIME ! He is allowed.

DSCF0009.jpg

This is Victor..... He will tear up stuff you would think a cat wouldnt touch ! He's NOT ALLOWED !

DSCF0017.jpg

This is Aunty Isabel. She sleeps... A LOT ! She is allowed.

DSCF0016.jpg

Next up is Possum. She gives "Flying Hug's " when your not looking soooooo..... NOT ALLOWED !

DSCF00032.jpg

This is MeMe...... because it's all about her !  She play's with anything ( INCLUDING BABY RATTLE SNAKE"S ! )  Dont know how she survived that !

DSCF00012.jpg

This is Gabby.... she talks a lot !  But usually leaves my stuff alone.

DSCF0011.jpg

Gabby  has a curiosity about what happen's on the workbench sometime's tho......

DSCF00084.jpg

This is Gordon..... if it ain't food, he dont care !

DSCF00041.jpg

This is Sid Vicious..... so named because he is !!!                          NOT ALLOWED !

DSCF0015.jpg

AND HERE'S WHY !!!!!      HE EAT'S AIRPLANE'S !!!!

DSCF00023.jpg

This is Petal..... she is kinda "anti- human so she want's nothing to do with my stuff.

DSCF0008.jpg

Then there are the Triplet's...... I believe this is Hunter.

DSCF0005.jpg

And I believe this is Poindexter. He cant sit still for ANYTHING !!!  Including this picture !  NOT ALLOWED !

DSCF00022.jpg

And I believe this is Brutis. He doesn't want anything to do with my stuff.

DSCF0006.jpg

We also have 2 dogs but they are "easily " distracted by tennis ball's so they dont bother with my stuff...... as long as I dont throw like a girl !

• 2 weeks later...

My current cat, Zoey, now only occasionally comes down the basement to visit me at the model desk. Usually it's an indication that he wants me to go upstairs and go to bed. Sometimes he wants just wants attention. But he doesn't come down as much as he did. I think the paint fumes now bother him (He's almost 12 years old).

Several years ago one of my prior cats, Chachi or Tazio, got onto my model bench and got hold of the only distributor that I ever successfully drilled for plug wires. Several weeks later I found the part minus some of the wires.

I think cats are very good looking animals..I'am allergic to them..Went once to builders basement to purchase some kits..Cat jumped on my lap.Patted it, then rubbed my face..By the time to go home my eyes we almost swollen shut..Missed two shifts at work..Love cats but can't touch them..Dogs no problem..Any kind.

30 minutes ago, moparfarmer said:

I think cats are very good looking animals..I'am allergic to them..Went once to builders basement to purchase some kits..Cat jumped on my lap.Patted it, then rubbed my face..By the time to go home my eyes we almost swollen shut..Missed two shifts at work..Love cats but can't touch them..Dogs no problem..Any kind.

Wow, you're worse than my Sister, Her Boyfriend, and Me put together, spend too much time around cats and we're miserable and it has nothing to do with how the cats act, unless it belongs to one of their friends and former co-workers........ He seems to home in on who ever is allergic and make sure you spend plenty of time with him!

• 4 weeks later...

This is so cool. Thanks everyone for sharing. Yes, cat hairs in the paint are a constant concern. Thank goodness for microfiber towels. 

Shasta has gone back to her comfy bed on the other side of the hobby table. It might have something to do with me stacking a couple of model car projects in that box. Once I get done with final assembly on those, I can get back to the Titan IIIc.

• 6 months later...

I've had my fair share of kitty carnage on the work bench. Usually provoked by me for leaving fun things like wheels attached to axles n' stuff (hey, I like playing with em too... I get it). I have FOUR cats and they are just awesome. My wife and I luv em all but we have our favorites.  This is my lil buddy Spar.......just a yawn n' stretch on a good day... Yup.

FUCKIN SPAR 2.jpg

FUCKIN SPAR 3.jpg

FUCKIN SPAR 1.jpg

FUCKIN SPAR 4.jpg

Edited by Dentz

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Is that third image in the sequence right after you say "I'm going to build every model I buy!"?

More like.... HEEEEEY! I was not done smackin' that piece around that you need just yet!

I just realized how much I love that shot and how dead my lawn is...rain is rare in town this year.

I rescued this beautiful beast from the side of a highway on October 26th 2016 and he couldn't have been more than 6 weeks old, just a babe screaming next to a telephone pole.

Edited by Dentz

We lost our favorite one a little over a year ago the black and white one. Still have some the tiger loves to sit on my lap when I am trying to work. For some unknown reason, maybe because I found her outside starving and nursed her back to health, she just worships me. Most of the rest ignore me except at feeding time or when they want to take a casual stroll through my workbench.

yum yum.jpg

IMG_0364.JPG

Never know what will arrive from Hobbylink Japan:

2v2JGcyWyxvKa6.jpg

Car show freebie bag from Hagerty's near my workbench has been claimed:

2v2JGcFmMxvKa6.jpg

My little computer expert at around 4 mos. old, at 10 mos. old he's way too big to nap on the laptop anymore, even if he still tries:

2v2JGcdQ8xvKa6.jpg